Mason Bennett

perzy7

He was very good tonight - got injured, and for the last 15 minutes was driving our attack!

again, for me a completely invalid argument, he did well... He is still so very young and today he came on and put a bit of life into our team, unlucky not to score once or twice as well!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you basing it on then?

Well I agree that the lad has a brilliant future but there seems to be a lot of expectation of when he comes on or starts he will change the game for us you may not think that like I dont think he's ready yet but some people seem to think he can completely change the game and he can't.

Well I agree that the lad has a brilliant future but there seems to be a lot of expectation of when he comes on or starts he will change the game for us you may not think that like I dont think he's ready yet but some people seem to think he can completely change the game and he can't.

So you think he has a brilliant future, but he is overrated?? Contradiction.

That's high expectations, a little different from overrating him but I take your point.

Lets see how he does this season. He certainly hasn't got much more to lean at U18 level, and hopefully the steep learning curve of being a full first teamer gives us a chance to see what he's all about.

He's not all gung-ho and erratic. He really is a decent footballer. Needs to cut down on his e-numbers and be a bit calmer on pitch.

Hmmm, not sure, he's only played a handful of game still not made a real judgement on how good he is at the mo.

He's oohed enough games for some people to think he's a game changer but we'll how he'll do this year he could prove me wrong and be a brilliant player or not.

I don't understand why people have these expectations of youngsters. He's got massive potential and is a handy player as it is, don't expect miracles from day 1 though. All about learning for a good few years! Let him blossom without any of the ****.

You gotta have some expectation if half your squad is young anyway I don't expect much of him when he comes on I want him to do well obviously but as I said some people tink he's a game changer and he's not but watch him score a hat trick against Wendy then you can all come back and laugh at me.

If he is overrated its only because everyone has built him up.

If I am underwhelmed by some of his performances then its probably because he is so young and just needs time.

If you compare him to say Hughes who is a similar age, then I dont think he is as good.

Hughes looks good enough already, thrown staight into the first team and looks a quality player, whereas bennett does not... yet

If I am underwhelmed by some of his performances then its probably because he is so young and just needs time.

If you compare him to say Hughes who is a similar age, then I dont think he is as good.

Hughes looks good enough already, thrown staight into the first team and looks a quality player, whereas bennett does not... yet

Completely agree.

Bennett is a year younger isn't he?

Underwhelmed by a 15 year old? What do you expect!

At U18 level when I've seen him play he's looked better than Hughes. Neither have much to learn at their own level but it's a big step up and they need time to learn.

If you were expecting Bennett to come on and change games at 15 then that's a little unrealistic, but when he has come on he's defended well from the front, found white shirts and he nearly scored in the only game he's played aged 16.

He's not even had GCSE results yet.

• 5 months later...

Archived