Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

Swiss defender quick comfortable on the ball and attacks the ball well in the air also reads the game well and at 18 will get better, sign him up!

Caton quick always looks to make things happen had a decent shot from outside the box which the keeper parried, would sign him up aswell.

Left back didn't get his name but not good enough.

New signings ALL look very good today.

Keogh constantly talking and organising everyone looks a good captain.

Jacobs good in patches but took his goal brilliantly beat his man then bent it into the bottom corner lovely finish!

Pick of the newbys for me was Coutts, just what we need gets it drives forward with purpose and can pick a pass very impressive.

Only thing lacking is the same old story, someone to SCORE GOALS and someone with good hold up play would be nice.

Had we a top 6 champ striker game would have been over in the first half

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My review (just got back)

Fielding - 6 - made a good save, apart from that nothing really asked.

Brayford - 5 - decent but didn't do anything outstanding.

Gjokaj - 7 - looked really good, was our best defender today.

Keogh - 5 - ups and downs really, mistake nearly lead to an adebola goal - majority of the time was good.

Hoganson - 6 - was good, balls in the air he seemed to struggle to read but got his foot in!

Coutts - 7 - looks very good with the ball, looks like a very promising singing.

Hendrick - 6 - did what he does best, read the game well picked the ball up passed it around - kept possession.

Bryson - 5 - nothing massive of note, did alright - got subbed.

Jacobs - 6 - took his goal very well, sometimes got crowded out down the left but on the whole had a fairly good game.

Ward - 5 - few pot shots, and a few good touches in what was a pretty uneventful game for him.

Tyson - 6 - set up the goal with a lovely snap pass, showed good touches (also showed bad ones)

Deeney - 5 - didn't have much to do, but what he did... he did well.

Buxton - 5 - Got the ball away, looked decent.

Robinson - 5 - looked alright, few of his touches looked wayward, but worked hard.

Doyle - 6 - one of our better subs for me, showed good passing ability played very tidy football and got his name on the ball.

O'Brien - 5 - didn't have much time on the pitch in fairness - no mistakes.

Naylor - 6 - Won the ball everytime it came near him, looked very assured on the pitch.

Ben Davies - 5 - didn't really have much to do - free kick in the stand.

Hughes - 4 - didn't do too much but foul, get fouled and give the ball away - worked hard though.

Bennett - 5 - worked hard, nothing really worked for him though - found it hard.

Bailey - 5 - remember him making a few passes, apart from that very little.

Caton - 5 - did alright, nothing outstanding but showed some nice touches and looks like he could be useful.

Overall - played some lovely passing moves at times and the win was fully justified, should of been more!

I went to this one..(now there's a novelty).. don't think i heard a single noise from

the Brewers fans.. Derby outsung and outnumbered the home fans..

i'd say 1600 ramsfans to 1400 Brewers fans in a 3,026 crowd, match was a typical

preseason friendly, Adebola seemed to get the better of Keogh, but all in all we deserved

the win. The new signings seemed to settle in fine, anyway, off to Old Trafford tomorrow to watch Derby's reserves (Brazil)

My review (just got back)

Fielding - 6 - made a good save, apart from that nothing really asked.

Brayford - 5 - decent but didn't do anything outstanding.

Gjokaj - 7 - looked really good, was our best defender today.

Keogh - 5 - ups and downs really, mistake nearly lead to an adebola goal - majority of the time was good.

Hoganson - 6 - was good, balls in the air he seemed to struggle to read but got his foot in!

Coutts - 7 - looks very good with the ball, looks like a very promising singing.

Hendrick - 6 - did what he does best, read the game well picked the ball up passed it around - kept possession.

Bryson - 5 - nothing massive of note, did alright - got subbed.

Jacobs - 6 - took his goal very well, sometimes got crowded out down the left but on the whole had a fairly good game.

Ward - 5 - few pot shots, and a few good touches in what was a pretty uneventful game for him.

Tyson - 6 - set up the goal with a lovely snap pass, showed good touches (also showed bad ones)

Deeney - 5 - didn't have much to do, but what he did... he did well.

Buxton - 5 - Got the ball away, looked decent.

Robinson - 5 - looked alright, few of his touches looked wayward, but worked hard.

Doyle - 6 - one of our better subs for me, showed good passing ability played very tidy football and got his name on the ball.

O'Brien - 5 - didn't have much time on the pitch in fairness - no mistakes.

Naylor - 6 - Won the ball everytime it came near him, looked very assured on the pitch.

Ben Davies - 5 - didn't really have much to do - free kick in the stand.

Hughes - 4 - didn't do too much but foul, get fouled and give the ball away - worked hard though.

Bennett - 5 - worked hard, nothing really worked for him though - found it hard.

Bailey - 5 - remember him making a few passes, apart from that very little.

Caton - 5 - did alright, nothing outstanding but showed some nice touches and looks like he could be useful.

Overall - played some lovely passing moves at times and the win was fully justified, should of been more!

So Doyle played well

Sounds like a similar performance from Doyle to most games I've seen him in.

I did read a couple of posts elsewhere about the Mansfield game, doing the standard thing of saying he was *****, in the knowledge that nobody would challenge their opinion because it's what they expect to hear. The reality was that in that game he kept the ball well, played a number of good passes but didn't individually 'make things happen'... because he isn't a right winger and never will be.

Obviously can't comment on the brief Burton performance, but I sense that by the time he came on the game had already petered out somewhat.

On my phone, so struggling to check.

Could someone please let me know KO and ticket details for Tuesday. Pretty please.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/burton-northampton-friendly-prices-258937.aspx?pageValue=2]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/burton-northampton-friendly-prices-258937.aspx?pageValue=2

7.30 kick off, £12 to get in. Took me ages to get that....bloody Official site is slow.

Cheers mate, appreciated. There anything about student/juvenile prices, do you know?

Cheers mate, appreciated. There anything about student/juvenile prices, do you know?

Adults £12

Senior Citizens £8

Under 18s £3

Under 7s FREE

its all a quid cheaper (except adults, £10) if you are a season ticket holder and buy in advance. Now bugger off.

My overall view was that Derby knocked it around well enough, but had absolutely no end product. Tyson and Ward started up front, before we went to five in the midfield, leaving Tyson up front, which only isolated him and his new mohican even more.

Theo looked more likely when he came on second half but the goal threat overall was minimal. Trying too hard to walk the ball in.

Very impressed by Coutts, esp when he moved from right mid to being one of three in the middle. Jacobs flitted in and out, and Keogh looked fine apart from one wobble which let Adebola in after he got on the wrong side of him.

Best thing was the good quality and well priced grub and drink, and the fact I could walk out of the ground two mins to the car, straight on the road and home to Littleover just after five 5pm.

Dyychee are you stephan dyychee on that npower banter thingy?

OT: I was pretty happy today, we kept possesion well at times but keogh seemed to like to play the long ball allot. Apart from that, with a few more games and stuff, we should hit the ground running

My overall view was that Derby knocked it around well enough, but had absolutely no end product. Tyson and Ward started up front, before we went to five in the midfield, leaving Tyson up front, which only isolated him and his new mohican even more.

Theo looked more likely when he came on second half but the goal threat overall was minimal. Trying too hard to walk the ball in.

Very impressed by Coutts, esp when he moved from right mid to being one of three in the middle. Jacobs flitted in and out, and Keogh looked fine apart from one wobble which let Adebola in after he got on the wrong side of him.

Best thing was the good quality and well priced grub and drink, and the fact I could walk out of the ground two mins to the car, straight on the road and home to Littleover just after five 5pm.

Can't be absolutely none if we scored 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Hope we get that striker though.

Archived