Valentin Gjokaj

ShermanCardenas

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Valentin's day for United

Derby County defender Valentin Gjokaj has joined United on-loan this afternoon until 2 January 2012.

Swiss-born Gjokaj, 19, started his career with FC Luzern and had trials with Blackburn Rovers before signing for Derby County in July this year.

He made his debut for the Rams as a substitute in the 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday at the start of this season and is tipped as a hot prospect having signed a two-year deal following a successful summer trial spell at Pride Park.

"He's another young lad who will come in and give us options at a time when we are looking for depth in our squad," manager Greg Abbott said.

"Hopefully he will benefit from his time here and he will give us an extra bit of cover and competition that we need."

Gjokaj will team up with the squad ahead of the trip to Yeovil this weekend.

Good move for him, would like to see him go out maybe all season, try and get him 20 games or so this season, even at a league 2 club to try and highlight the physical nature of the english game. Hopefully he'll be pushing for a place come next season.

Good move for him, would like to see him go out maybe all season, try and get him 20 games or so this season, even at a league 2 club to try and highlight the physical nature of the english game. Hopefully he'll be pushing for a place come next season.

hopefully he'll perform well and the loan will be extended.

i don't think i'm the only one who thinks he'll be a good player. new barker?

We need to get some of our younger young players Josh Lelan,Kwame Thomas etc out either to Non league or hopefully league 2 thats how you get a successful youth system as they need games early on.

Val

He looked very good in pre-season and the u21 games i have seen he looks big but also like he can keep up with people.Good passer of the ball.Hopefully the Swiss U21 wont be far away.

Archived