New Official Site?

Ash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new site is very slow at loading when you use links on the right hand side, in fact I nearly fell to sleep waiting!! I can understand why articles are split across several pages as it reduces scrolling.

But it really needs speeding up and I'm not impressed with the design. To much going on takes it longer to load

May reduce scrolling but I'd rather scroll then have to wait 30 secs for page 2.

It looks good, however looks aren't everything. For a site that is suppose to be slick and professional it simply isn't. The page sizes are too large, unless you are running a high res monitor, yes most people do, however there are a lot that don't. There is too much focus on the Rams Player, making it look like the prime perpose is to sell that. It took me 2 to 3 clicks to read the Burton match report, it should be 1 click are really obvious where. Then looking at the report, they can't even edit it properly and split a line of text between page 3 and 4, shoddy.

It looks good, however looks aren't everything. For a site that is suppose to be slick and professional it simply isn't. The page sizes are too large, unless you are running a high res monitor, yes most people do, however there are a lot that don't. There is too much focus on the Rams Player, making it look like the prime perpose is to sell that. It took me 2 to 3 clicks to read the Burton match report, it should be 1 click are really obvious where. Then looking at the report, they can't even edit it properly and split a line of text between page 3 and 4, shoddy.

Flogging Ramsplayer is the priority I think - its the only bit if the website that makes money.

Tickets and retail are done in house - and are much easier to use than the official site. But all clubs in the football league are tied to contracts for website and player - imagine if clubs could produce their own player and take all revenue from it. Think that clubs may push towards this in the FFP era to increase revenue.

Already seeing full matches shown on player. DCFC have said in the past that they are installing new cameras to enhance this. How long before live streams of matches (Leeds did it in preseason last year) on pay per view?

The home page photo of the stadium is good and the different areas are easy to navigate.

I am disappointed that there is no direct link to the Derby County Centre of Excellence, these are girls who are a level above grass roots football and are the ONLY girls who can be selected for the England ladies squad. No girl/lady can be selected for England unless she has been in one of the 32 centres of excellence around the country, one of which is at Derby County (Forest haven't got this status}. Wouldn't you think that Derby County would be proud to promote this? Derby Ladies have a link so why not give the same to the Centre of Excellence?

I really, really dislike the way any article of more than, say, 8 sentences forces it to go onto multiple pages. Look at the Burton match report - it's 4 bloody pages, so 4 x the loading.

Hooray - they've done something about this.

They're keeping articles to one page, with more room for text now (on both new and old articles) with a 'read more' button at the bottom (although this still means a little extra loading) if it's still too long for the new, extended single page.

They've paid attention to people's views, so well done DCFC website staff.

Archived