Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

i really think this signing is going to work well... he doesnt need to score 20 goals a season to be worth 1m or 1.5 m or whatever... he needs to lead the line.... hold the ball up... ruffle a few feathers and all the other cliches. look at the size of the f*cker... hardworker, fast and has decent footwork for a bigman. weve needed his "mould" for 3 years at least. thats why he got a 4 year contact. because if he does fit the bill,, we'll be laughing and if we sold him as a lambert or rhodes....4 years is a lot to pay us too. we conor be spending 3 more years looking for a target man though. arf arf... ward,robinson and tyson should be better with a player like sammon cos they'll be able to focus on their type of game better. especially tyson i think. dont think he'll set the world alight against bolton... but i think derby are so much better off this season than last. 1.2 m could even turn out to be a bargain.

how do you think he would have been used on sat?

i think he would have made a hell of a difference.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see how they could have recouped only 500k unles it was 16.66666% sell on

Unlesss it actually means Profit of 500k rather than recouped

It's say 500 k of the fee has been recouped, why would it mean profit?

It's also reported as though Wigan only paid 450k for him, so 500k would be a break even.

My guess would be that it's a 1.2m deal, but who knows?

how do you think he would have been used on sat?

i think he would have made a hell of a difference.

id like to think he would have been able to hold the ball up, defenders clearing for ward and tyson to chase down, never going to work.... having said that...bringing o'conner on was last years buxton move... can see why he did that... i think the mistake was to bring djokai on.....not the lads fault but i tink it invites pressure...i would have brought jacobs on i think or bennet..... but who knows... clough could have done that.... they could have scored a goal and everyone would have said they would have shored up the defense. personally i think sammon would have helped keeping the ball upfield... winning those flick ons or bringing down for a couple of extra seconds for everyone to move up... the midfield to be able to have possession again in a safe area to play. to be honest... ive only seen him on motd and a couple of games on sky when he's come on... but he always caught my attention because of our interest before he went to wigan ..

what dyou think?

id like to think he would have been able to hold the ball up, defenders clearing for ward and tyson to chase down, never going to work.... having said that...bringing o'conner on was last years buxton move... can see why he did that... i think the mistake was to bring djokai on.....not the lads fault but i tink it invites pressure...i would have brought jacobs on i think or bennet..... but who knows... clough could have done that.... they could have scored a goal and everyone would have said they would have shored up the defense. personally i think sammon would have helped keeping the ball upfield... winning those flick ons or bringing down for a couple of extra seconds for everyone to move up... the midfield to be able to have possession again in a safe area to play. to be honest... ive only seen him on motd and a couple of games on sky when he's come on... but he always caught my attention because of our interest before he went to wigan ..

what dyou think?

i agree with all of your points and the little i've seen of him he looks just the sort of fella we're after.

new generation has to come at some point 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I'm kidding boys, I'm 15 too! Was just used to being the only kid on the forum.

I was like the child of the forum, but Mummy Boycie and Daddy Daveo have had more kids and I'm not getting as much attention 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Archived