Fans forum tonight.

There was a fans forum tonight, Didn't attend but saw on twitter that a guy did and he posted this

A good friend of DCB and upstanding season ticket holder, was at the club tonight to attend a fans forum with Tom Glick and other officials. Hoping for further info tomorrow, but for now, a few quick transfer points...

* Shackell - price still not met

* Steve Davies - likewise, nothing imminent

* Left back - possibility of a young player coming in as understudy to Roberts, but also who can act as a 'utility' player

* Ball - could go out on loan if we can get an experienced striker in

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The left back situation pointing a little towards the Crewe lad were rumoured to be looking at then.

Seems like nothing really has been asked/talked about that we didn't know, bar the ball bit. Obviously there will be more subjects discussed but those seem the highlights.

Not a problem with the experienced striker. Steve Howard would have been described as an "experienced striker" when he signed and he was outstanding under Davies in the Champ.

Would Rickie Lambert have been described as an experienced striker when he went to Southampton? Same goes for Grant Holt.

I think experience is definitely what we need kuqi showed that when he came as he wasn't a particularly amazing player but is the type we need. Somebody who makes themselves available and gets in the right places

The term experienced does worry me slightly, but anything would do at the moment.. Kuqi was fantastic, i think we need a target man with more experience then Ball, so a loan would definitly benefit him as i could see him coming good in the future. Just hope we get a decent fee for Davies and hopefully don't sell Shack (doubt it)

Ball out on loan if we bring someone else in? really, even with someone else in we need him.

If Davies goes, then he would be our 2nd choice striker and our 3rd choice striker has only just finished school for christ sake, and our first choice is incredibly erratic.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

More positive news, guess this means Maguire will not be replaced then, I was just thinking we could do with less players, and less experience because that's what all the best teams have 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Nearly as good as having 2 experienced centre midfielders in the squad, as 3 is clearly too many, as it doesn't sound like Bailey will be replaced when sold, and by experienced I mean, well 2 players under 25, both only experiencing one season in the champ, and one only having one season of competitive football.

Unfortunately they do actually count Tyson as a striker too! I think they'll replace Davies and get a loaned late August

I forgot about Tyson, he needs to score then. I like his all round play, and I feel like he is a useful player but incredibly poor when making decisions, and again, erratic infront of goal.

Well lets wait and see anyway, Tyson may score 40 next season.

Well he can't be worse, with a injury free pre season I think he'll be a good player for us. Probably get 5-10 goals. Ward might play up front more often if Jacobs performs. Him and theo have looked good when they've played together they'd be a pain in the arse to play against

Thing is, they keep refering to Tyson as being a striker but they hardly play him as one. Him and Theo are too similar, don't have that much to offer other than pace and if Theo carries on where he left off with Tyson still firing blanks theres only ever going to be space for one of them in the team.

Hopefully there will be a full blog article about this by the OP but there was some interest in Tyson mentioned and 50/50 whether he'd be staying.

Again - he's under contract so whatever money came in for him would be spent on replacing him

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Interest in tyson? would be good for us if we was to get rid on his wages.

I'm sure Clough would probably tell us he is indispensable and not for sale however 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Hopefully there will be a full blog article about this by the OP but there was some interest in Tyson mentioned and 50/50 whether he'd be staying.

Again - he's under contract so whatever money came in for him would be spent on replacing him

I don t like criticising players at all. It's something I'm not comfortable with but when NC talked about shifting those who didnt make enough of a contribution last year then in my opinion Nathan had to be included in that group.

I think it's his honesty and the fact that he comes across as really desperate to succeed that his keeping him here. If anything he's probably needs to relax a bit. He really does seem like a cracking bloke BUT last year he was arguably our marquis sigining, just cos we didnt pay a fee for him doesnt mean he wasnt pricey.

I'd be fairly certain he was in our top three highest earners and if every player is measured equally, he hasn't done enough to justify staying around. We need more goals from all over and I'm wondering whether nathan has got the 10-12 in him.

I had so much hope for him being a cracker of a sigining but if I'm totally honest his lack of goals and games was the biggest disappointment of last season for me at least.

If he's around come August I'll be cheering him on like a maniac but I wouldnt be totally gutted if we let him go.

Archived