Spain V France

smiffy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain only lack a cutting edge for 2 reasons.

David Villa injury

Del Bosque trying to be too clever with selection.

England were hardly watchable v Ukraine. If Derby or England played like Spain we'd all be proud of our superiority. Saying to other fans "you won't even get the ball off us".

I'm guessing your baiting Bris though?

Id be stupidly frustrated if i was a Spain fan.

All that messing about with it and hardly getting a shot away. I'd rather play hoofball, much more chance of creating chances.

Not playing Llorente is a big mistake. Has the capability to win the tournament for spain. Him and Torres are the strikers they need right now. Not Cesc fecking Fabregas.

So if Derby played like Spain.....

People actually prefer open games when it's your own team involved?

Brian Clough sides played proper football and valued possession. He was alright wasn't he?

As a neutral Spain probably can be a bit boring if you enjoy end to end football. But I dont think they want to entertain. They want to dominate, give nothing away and win. Isn't that what we all want?

I find Germany the most enjoyable personally. Spain lack the cutting edge of Barca like someone said.

I love it when Derby score at the end of wonderful passing moves. Love free flowing on the ground football.

We scored some awesome goals with Tommy Smith, Idiakez and Co.

Anyways,

Spain 2-1 France. Bye bye Nasri and Ribery!! Lol

It'd be alright if Spain had penetration, but they hardly get you out of your pants. I want sweat and tears of joy. I don't care if we lose as long as we looked as if we tried to win. Spain don't look as if they care to me, I'm sure they do but that goal they scored against Croatia took the piss.

England were battered 4 -1 against Germany but it was by far my favourite game that England played in at South Africa 2010.

As for this game, hoping England make it to the final, I want France to win and shove the football up their arrogant arses.

It'd be alright if Spain had penetration, but they hardly get you out of your pants. I want sweat and tears of joy. I don't care if we lose as long as we looked as if we tried to win. Spain don't look as if they care to me, I'm sure they do but that goal they scored against Croatia took the piss.

England were battered 4 -1 against Germany but it was by far my favourite game that England played in at South Africa 2010.

As for this game, hoping England make it to the final, I want France to win and shove the football up their arrogant arses.

I still think if Lampards goal had been given the result would have been much closer, at the time we we battering them 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

2006 - Portugal

2004 - Portugal

2002 - Argentina

2000 - Germany/Portugal

1998 - Argentina

1996 - Holland/Germany (to a lesser extent Scotland)

1992 - Sweden (maybe)

1990 - Germany

1988 - Ireland

1986 - Argentina

We're used to have at least one huge, nerve-jangling, game per tournament. 2010 was so disappointing. The group games were awful, and we were sh1te against Germany.

2012 - Thoroughly enjoyed the Sweden game. Far more than I enjoyed anything in 2010.

2006 - Portugal

2004 - Portugal

2002 - Argentina

2000 - Germany/Portugal

1998 - Argentina

1992 - Sweden (maybe)

1990 - Germany

1988 - Ireland

1986 - Argentina

We're used to have at least one huge, nerve-jangling, game per tournament. 2010 was so disappointing. The group games were awful, and we were sh1te against Germany.

2012 - Thoroughly enjoyed the Sweden game. Far more than I enjoyed anything in 2010.

Agreed. The performance v Sweden was better than any major tournament performance from England since Croatia in 2004. Still much room for improvement, but for the first time in ages, it felt like they actually gave a damn.

I still think if Lampards goal had been given the result would have been much closer, at the time we we battering them 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Possibly, we were on the front foot at least and it was still the 1st half. Going in at half time 2 - 2 would have changed the atmosphere in there considerably. It was a poor tourny for England though, Germany had looked excellent until they went out.

2006 - Portugal

2004 - Portugal

2002 - Argentina

2000 - Germany/Portugal

1998 - Argentina

1992 - Sweden (maybe)

1990 - Germany

1988 - Ireland

1986 - Argentina

Sweden game was great viewing. I quite enjoyed the Ukraine game tbh, for different reasons. Was a squeaky bum experience.

France are an arrogant footballing nation. been terrible at times. Feel the same way about Spain, underachievers for so long, they're the new France. Dislike them both, rather have the chance of getting France in the final though.........if we mekkit!

Archived