England v Italy

froggg

What are you saying that to me for? I'm not the one that said England would win the euros, nor am I the one who said Derby would win promotion. So, when you argue with everyone who exactly is it you envisage you're talking to?

Everything Derby do is not good enough, I could trowl the forums and pick out every little last bit of depressing, doom mongering, wrist slashing crap you post but I can't be arsed. It was depressing the first time.

I've never seen you say one positive thing about England, so I won't start about that.

You're a one man army Bris, whatever it is you've got into your head DCFCfans forum is the place you want to vent your frustrations. All of the members that are a part of this place don't matter, they're all one as far as you're concerned and you're going to argue, slate and name call your way through all of them.

Where did I say that you said that England would win the Euros? I never mentioned you at all, you said that I have high expectations?

Also why would I lump all of you together when I know for a fact that there are many knowledgable posters on here like Alpha, Cumbrian and EKR who aren't stuck in the clouds..

Everything Derby do is not good enough? Surely if that was true I'd have put Derby up on a pedestal.. Now I'll mention it again, Derby are an average NPC side, nothing more nothing less.. I've accepted it.. I'm not the one making out Clough is some sort of managerial genius nor am I making out that Glick has been our saviour.. If they both left tomorrow it wouldn't affect us in the slightest.. We'd easily move on.

One positive thing about England? Have you seen my posts about James Milner and Andy Carroll? Clearly not.. I also don't vent any of my fustrations, given that I have nothing to be fustrated about..

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok back on topic.. So why do the chuckle brothers in the studio think that England stand a good chance on penalties.. Given that England have lost the last 4 in a row (Germany, Argies, Portugal x2).. And their solution being that Hart is a good goalkeeper? And Buffon isn't?

If England make it to penalties, I'd give them only a 30% chance of progressing.. You'd be sure that Gerrard, Terry and Young would bottle it and miss..

My 5 penalty takers would be Cole, Milner, Rooney, Hart and Welbeck..

I'd honestly fancy England on penalties. Some decent spot kickers like Gerrard, Rooney, Young. Cole also is a very experienced confident player. That record hanging over them needs lifting.

Haven't the Italians got a dodgy penalty record too? Or have I made that up?

It'll get settled in normal time. Penalties are too obvious.

Guys, can you please stop this back and forth tit for tat?

I've read through the last page and without getting into individual rows about who's right and who's not, what you all have to say isn't adding anything to the actual debate of

England V Italy.

And Alpha, don't apologise for having an opinion, they're like gobs, everybody has one 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Vulgur, why do you have to mention tit. You know what these lads are like.

Is this game a friendly??

No, but it will be in August. We seem to keep playing Sweden, Montenegro, Ukraine and now Italy. The Italy friendly was announced before we knew about the QF. Surely seeing as it's a World Cup coming up, we ought to be playing fewer European teams?

If we lose on Sunday, we'll play Italy twice in a row...

I hope England smash Italy

I hope England then smash Germany

I hope England then smash Spain

I love England, no clauses, no catches, 100% English and proud till they stick me 6ft under.

That's the spirit. No one seriously thinks we're going to win the Euros. Some of us, though, just hope we do. There's nothing deluded about that.

Being English and wanting another country to beat us boggles my little brain. It's like finding the woman of your dreams, love at first sight, perfect house, perfect job, loads of money, amazing kids.....then having a dirty dogging affair down Marketon Park with a big fat hairy double chinned STD infested sweaty munter whilst wearing a Forest shirt

Being English and wanting another country to beat us boggles my little brain. It's like finding the woman of your dreams, love at first sight, perfect house, perfect job, loads of money, amazing kids.....then having a dirty dogging affair down Marketon Park with a big fat hairy double chinned STD infested sweaty munter whilst wearing a Forest shirt

is that a confession ??

It's more personal than that. People who don't like the England team usually dislike the actual blokes that play for them. The way they talk and behave doesn't sit well with some of us. Some of the arrogant ***** needed taking down a peg or two.

A few embarrassing results, a massive drop in support and I think finally they might be something to be proud of rather than completely alienated.

It's more personal than that. People who don't like the England team usually dislike the actual blokes that play for them. The way they talk and behave doesn't sit well with some of us. Some of the arrogant ***** needed taking down a peg or two.

A few embarrassing results, a massive drop in support and I think finally they might be something to be proud of rather than completely alienated.

Surely that applies to most footballers, no matter what nationality.

Surely that applies to most footballers, no matter what nationality.

Probably. That's why I prefer my football played by little old Derby.

But I think the media here bring it all out on top than perhaps abroad. We go well over the top with the hype! Like a circus!

Archived