Are we really a bottom 6 Championship budget team with wages etc

Curtains

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so problem is if we go up how do we strengthen because the team built on work ethic and team spirit so you could imagine if we went up and signed a golden oldie on a bit of dosh would piss team of and destroy what we built I'm afraid we'd probably be like Blackpool and have a 10k wage cap

From what i've heard from inside the club our wage is capped at 7k, I didn't believe it at first but comments from metgod...etc seem to add substance to that... incredible if true, 7k is probably a top 10 league one sides budget, and a bottom 6 championship sides budget!

Are we really a bottom 6 Championship budget team with wages etc?

Not a question that anyone on here can answer but a subject that has been discussed to death, I don't see how it is something the fans should be worrying about.

Clubs have gone up with (according to the press) a low wage budget, clubs have gone up with a high wage budget. Leicester have proved to the whole league that money doesn't always = success.

We can't be bottom six for income and if we aren't making a profit the only possible explanation is that other clubs' boards are sustaining much larger losses.

Not quite that simple,vonright.I've managed to find a few more clubs that separately identify admin expenses,so here goes (compared to our own £7.43m):- Hull £5.65m, Ipswich £2.98m, Cardiff £4.06m, Boro £6.17m (all 10/11 figures).

Boro may be a little misleading as they changed their year end,which resulted in an 18 month accounting period.The charge in the accounts was £9.25m,so I just took 2/3 of this.However their accounts indicated that they had been cutting back,so the 2/3 might not be representative (probably be less).

Be interesting to see what our figure comes in at for 11/12.

Glick said at the Q+A that that statement was wide of the mark, and we are actually a mid table regards wages.

I'd imagine we do have a cap, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is around the £8,000/£9,000 mark. You can still get decent players for that, and it's hardly a bad salary. Saw today Forest have offered Lynch a contract of £7,000 - to say this is similar money that the likes of Barker and Shackell would be on, that's madness! Lynch is a league 1 player. They just seem desperate to keep all the players since they may have Lynch, Chambers and Anderson leaving. The squads falling apart!

Absolutely great to see!

The admin expenses thing is a bit misleading, the rules are quite relaxed on what can be classified in there and therefore we could be including things in there that other people include in cost of sales so its not really a true comparison.

Was Glick saying at the Q and A session that we are not a bottom 6 budget club and if that is the case let them prove it. ie invest a substantial amount on a top class striker now savies is leaving.

Just out of interest, what would you say is a "substantial amount" for a striker?

I'd rather pay a larger fee for a lower league that's on lower wages, then a lower fee with higher wages, So £1.2 million on £6,000 a week, compared to £1 million on £10,000 a week, it could really upset the harmony of the squad, if we have a cap of say £8,000 and this guy gets £10,000. Why should he be worth breaking the cap for? Just thinking what other players may be thinking?

My idea of a substantial fee is anything over £1 million - that's a pretty big sum in the championship.

I'd just like a decent striker that sticks the ball in the net, don't mind if he costs a fiver or £5m.

Spending £1m only guarantees one thing....you will have £1m less in the bank.

I'd just like a decent striker that sticks the ball in the net, don't mind if he costs a fiver or £5m.

Spending £1m only guarantees one thing....you will have £1m less in the bank.

Must be a Bobby Davison out there somewhere.......................

Chelski have just won the champions league cup plus the odd premier league

title and a cup or two courtesy of russian billionaire.Man City have just

won the premier league thanks to sheik rattleandroll.Just think what we could

do with a billionaire or two on our board,the mind boggles er....oh ****.

Archived