Cloughie's brand new squad

PrivateDerby

So new players aside, when Addison and Davies go our squad will all be Nigel's signings.

Would be interesting to know how many we've signed and how many we have lost since he took over.

Apart from that, in Clough we trust.

Maguire the one that baffles me the most.

After spending so much time and money chasing him then taking it to a tribunal to pay 400k only to start him in 2 league games(1 in which he was MOM)

Next minute can't wait to get rid despite showing he is capable and at the very least worth a second chance.

Could even replace Davies in the second striker role where he can drop off behind either Theo or a new centre forward

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually just quickly worked it out on wikipedia, but could be slightly out.

Since Nigel took over, so far he has bought in 27 players and shipped out 44.

I think that shows the huge task he's had. I reckon the squad I posted at the start shows we've now got a team ready to fight for a 1-1 or come back from being 2-0 down. Let's get a few decent players in with the cash from Savies, Bailey, Addison, Croft and Maguire and fookin go for it in August.

COYR

Actually just quickly worked it out on wikipedia, but could be slightly out.

Since Nigel took over, so far he has bought in 27 players and shipped out 44.

I think that shows the huge task he's had. I reckon the squad I posted at the start shows we've now got a team ready to fight for a 1-1 or come back from being 2-0 down. Let's get a few decent players in with the cash from Savies, Bailey, Addison, Croft and Maguire and fookin go for it in August.

COYR

Agree lets hope we do!

From interviews theres been with Clough Maguire is homesick, obviously that can happen sometimes and its not worked out. Hopefully we should get our money back on him

If we are to sell him one would hope at least we get our money back for him but I fear the way we gave gone about it, publicly stating he doesn't work hard enough in training is not exactly going to have other managers willing to spend a lot on him.

We will see i guess

So you know how much he was offered on his new contract ? He signed an extension when he was injured, with an option for a further year at the clubs discretion, you really believe that this contract was for the same amount he was on ? How many players are not renewing their contracts now, has this nothing to do with the fact that we have to continue to reduce the wage bill, the figures that the players are rumoured to be offered to resign is in line with the new wage structure, so if they refuse to sign it I cant blame them.

Loyalty, really, the club is shipping these players out, if you want to believe this is down to the players each time then fair enough, but I don’t buy into this, we have a budget that must be adhered to, we need to get players out to bring new ones in, tell me where was the loyalty shown to Maguire, Bailey, Miles, or Martin, we are a football club that is now trading as a business and as such players will be shipped out when needed.

A good mate of mine is friends with the Davies family and he has shed a bit of light on the situation. It is genuine that he wants to move due to family reasons. NC has been supportive and accepts that a geographical move would be beneficial. As far as rejecting a contract, i understand that he wasn't asking for more money!!! You can make your own assumptions and as LeedsRam pointed out he's not the first and wont be the last. The club NOT NC want to sell him and others. Also he has had some awful things tweeted and messaged to him today which is just so unfair. Even if you dont rate him, i feel that abusing Savies is totally unacceptable from any Derby fans. NC has a massive task ahead and we need to really be behind him. YANKS OUT

We have a good manager who has the interests of the club at heart. He grew up with a love for the club and wants the best for it.

Not many clubs can say that can they?

Keep the faith.

Trying to Steve, but its gonna be a bumpy ride methinks.. Cloughies on a hiding to nowt,

Dunna take much to start a panic does it?

The only thing that matters is how we perform next season. Every year at every club players come and go, Clough will live or die on his decisions this summer.

If we push on and mount a serious play-off challenge then its good progress.

If we flail about in the nether regions then the clamour will grow for change - at Board/Owner level and manager level.

Davies going isn't the end of the world if we get a decent fee and if - and this is the big if - the money is reinvested in the squad.

Maguire's such a strange one, though. Never got a chance. Either a scouting failure or a man-management failure.

Look, hopefully Nigel signs some players to fill some gaps and improve the squad and all this talk is redundant but until that happens I will not understand why we are actively trying to sell players like Bailey. The "he's going to find it hard to break up the Bryson Hendricks partnership" line that Nigel has come out with doesn't make sense, you need competition for players, to push players. And 1 of two things will happen next season. Either one will get injured or will suddenly be benched and left out and sold next summer. I can see us lacking cover again in areas and players being played out of position. Guess a lot of people will say its GSE and we have to cash in.

Now listen here you lot, ive hacked into mo55y's brain.. ([size=2]difficult job in itself[/size]) to try and explain my motives

to you, most of you seem to think you can run this club better than me, I know you all mean well, but

technically you are delaying our progress by questioning my every decision. I am actually the one who

is PAID for managing Derby County Football Club. You may have noticed one or two big names leaving

the club, but we need players who are 100% committed to the cause. I am here for the long term and intend

to see it through. If I have to explain my every decision to you, obviously the long term will be even further away.

You have to crack a few eggs anorl that. Be patient, it will all come together, sooner, rather than later, if i'm left

to do the job i'm employed to do.

Cheers , mo55y, you can have your braincell back now.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Bavies, Tyson and Doyle staying??

If your face fits.....

Can't wait to see what happens at the first sign of injuries. I say that because I don't think we have the budget or the ability to recruit the same quality of players who are leaving for the same or less money.

People always say about having the right attitude..... Not everyone holds hands and sings merry songs on a building site.... But sometimes it's about using the best people to get the job done. These aren't characters in an episode of pepper pig they're proffesionals. Or supposed to be. We sell Maguire without actually putting him through the mill, yet Tyson will stay? Why, because he's got a great attitude? He's awesome in training? How many pts will that get us?

Surprise Stephen Pearson isn't being re-signed.

Saves is the clubs best striker.

Maguire can't be worse than Doyle, Tyson or Bavies? He was signed by Clough anyway for "Clough's team"

Bailey leaves that leaves us with 2 recognised CMs? Who aren't great together which is why we've lost about 30/46 midfield battles everyone seems to have forgotten about.

Nigel Clough has loads to do.

Archived