Next Season

McRamFan

Maybe, well definatly too early, however based on our form this season I would hope for a finish of 78 points.

Last season we faired

Home W11 D4 L8 Away W7 D6 L10

So if we can improve by getting 3 more home wins, 1 more draw; 1 more away win and 1 more draw that would give us 78 points and a play off spot.

Home W14 D5 L4 Away W8 D7 L8

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like us to win most of our home games. Away, I'd like to see us come away with a few more draws and perhaps a couple of more wins next season.

We should be aiming for the play-offs atleast, and I think that if Clough gets the right player in this summer we should be one of the best teams in the league.

yep, far too early to say whether we'll make playoffs- optimistically we can do it though, depends who leaves. It all hinges on defence for me, I think we have enough up front if everyone stays fit (wouldn't say no to a striker though) but we need whoever steps in to replace Barker to be on it from day one

I think we may get better away from home next season as this squad starts to gel even further.

I still think we're going to be a bit off at home sometimes. It's a young team that responds well to a decent atmosphere, but not pressure, and once or twice we'll look terrible and there'll be plenty of games when we concede before we get going.

Those 10 points are three wins and a draw which we could easily find if we make our away form a little better with this year's experience and doing no better at home. 74 points could be enough for the top 6 - it would certainly make us serious playoff candidates.

Not really sure if we can improve our home form by 3 games, we won 11 times at home this season, winning another 3, would make us equals with Reading this season, and they went up as champions. Our problem lies with turning defeats into draws, we lost 8 games last season at home, which is more then anyone in the top half, if we'd turned 2 or 3 of them into draws, and done the same away, we'd of ended up 7th or 8th not 12th.

Need to be more clinical upfront, and I don't think we'll be far off

The good form at the end of the season has done what i expected, given people higher expecatitions this season.

We've got too many average players which will lead us to mid table obscurity once again.

The back 5 are potentially play off material, but needing Buxton and O'Brien to complete a season between them doesnt feel me with confidence, neither of them are play off material.

Bryson, Hendrick and Ward have too many off days, where we're in good form and everythings going well they're decent players, they all go missing too often throughout a season though.

If Davies goes we're left with Robinson and Tyson up front, neither of whom can trap a bag of cement and without their pace would be playing for the Dog And Duck on a sunday morning.

Clough already said he has put a target of 10 points more than this season - saw it on a google update but can't find it again niw

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Boss-raises-Rams-points-target-season/story-16143711-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Boss-raises-Rams-points-target-season/story-16143711-detail/story.html

Pretty realistic really.

I think we should definitely be aiming for a playoff spot next season. Keep much of the current squad and bring in decent options in the necessary positions and we've a solid, hardworking team that's a match for any team in this division.

The good form at the end of the season has done what i expected, given people higher expecatitions this season.

We've got too many average players which will lead us to mid table obscurity once again.

The back 5 are potentially play off material, but needing Buxton and O'Brien to complete a season between them doesnt feel me with confidence, neither of them are play off material.

Bryson, Hendrick and Ward have too many off days, where we're in good form and everythings going well they're decent players, they all go missing too often throughout a season though.

If Davies goes we're left with Robinson and Tyson up front, neither of whom can trap a bag of cement and without their pace would be playing for the Dog And Duck on a sunday morning.

I have to agree, and what with the demand from on high to reduce the budget further, and no Barker, so much depends on who NC manages to beg steal or borrow to come here, if we do mid table again i will be 'happy' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

But having supported Derby for 45 yrs, i think each season is like the well known Forrest Gump saying, when he refers to a box of chocolates.......

Soooo, the glass is half empty then?

We were never promised anything. How can you promise a league position?

You had better ask Mr Glick it was he who made the promise in several interviews with the Derby Telegraph

and Radio Derby.He also said we would get quality players and play exciting football!I should mention

it was season ticket time so allowances have to be made 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

Archived