Next Season

McRamFan

How long does it take well. Saints promoted to Prem from Div 1 in 2 years. Reading back to Prem was it 2 years and West Ham 1 year.

Reading and Southampton were able to sell players in the summer for large fees, West Ham had a wage budget bigger than every team in the league, in fact the play-offs could be classed as a "failure".

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wimbledon, others went into recievership.

Did they go bust ? I never knew that, I thought they moved them to become the MKdons, and in its place they reformed under AFC or something like that.

You learn something new every day.

Did they go bust ? I never knew that, I thought they moved them to become the MKdons, and in its place they reformed under AFC or something like that.

You learn something new every day.

When they moved they went into administration, then reformed as MK Dons, as the administrator basically asset stripped the club to pay the debts.

When they moved they went into administration, then reformed as MK Dons, as the administrator basically asset stripped the club to pay the debts.

I see, I thought that they decided to move prior to going into admin, attendances dropped, it enabled them to rebrand as MKdons as the result of the admin. Didnt know they had gone bust, thats cheating really as any other club going bang would have to start again in the leagues.

I see, I thought that they decided to move prior to going into admin, attendances dropped, it enabled them to rebrand as MKdons as the result of the admin. Didnt know they had gone bust, thats cheating really as any other club going bang would have to start again in the leagues.

There was a lot of people that where annoyed that it was allowed to happen, I believe the rules changed afterwards to stop it, and yes they basically used loopholes to create a new club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C.

And the local Milton Keynes non-league team went bust as a result.

Reading and Southampton were able to sell players in the summer for large fees, West Ham had a wage budget bigger than every team in the league, in fact the play-offs could be classed as a "failure".

With that theory then if we sell one of our best players for a large fee should we expect top 2?

No, just saying there able to spend money due to sell on their best players.

Yeah no what you mean really just get bored of talk about who spends this and who spends that.

I prefer to look at Leicester and laugh

The proof of the pudding would be if one of the top 4 bought Bennett for £8m. Would we spend that cash?

I would expect so, the owners seem very clear that money raised from player sales, goes into money to buy.

Archived