Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm, he's already talking about pushing for promotion. That smacks of a player with lots of confidence to say he's from the lower league. Good on him. Let's hope Cloughy can get the best out of him and prove him right.

Bring on the new season, hope we start as we mean to go on.

Well this was Northampton's take... [url=http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2818854,00.html]http://www.ntfc.co.u...2818854,00.html

It won't let me copy the article, so sorry about that. But it goes on to say that we were the only club who actually bid. Seems like this mad panic to get him in quick before everyone else was nothing much at all.

Midfielder Michael Jacobs has signed for Championship side Derby County after the Pride Park club agreed an undisclosed fee with Northampton Town.

[size=3]The Northamptonshire born prospect rejected a substantially improved contract offer to stay at Sixfields, having progressed through the Northampton Town Centre of Excellence and youth team to be a key member of the first team in the last two seasons.[/size]

[size=3]"This news won't come as a surprise to anybody after Michael turned his contract down," said boss Aidy Boothroyd.[/size]

[size=3]"We respect his wish to make the move and we wish him well in his future career. Now we move on and this gives us the opportunity to strengthen the squad further ahead of next season."[/size]

[size=3]Chairman David Cardoza added, "Although a few clubs had expressed an interest in Michael, Derby were the only club to actually submit an offer, and we have negotiated hard with them to get the best deal possible for the club.[/size]

[size=3]"Once Michael had spoken to Derby, agreed terms, passed his medical and signed a contract, they became his destination. It was then a case of either going to a tribunal or agreeing a deal with Derby, and eventually we reached a deal that we felt was in the best interests of the club.[/size]

[size=3]"We all wish Michael and Derby well and now this matter has been resolved we have a clearer picture for our own summer recruitment."[/size]

Comment from their chairman: "Once Michael had spoken to Derby, agreed terms, passed his medical and signed a contract, they became his destination. It was then a case of either going to a tribunal or agreeing a deal with Derby, and eventually we reached a deal that we felt was in the best interests of the club.

"We all wish Michael and Derby well and now this matter has been resolved we have a clearer picture for our own summer recruitment."

does it mean:

a) Derby were a pleasure to deal with and conducted their affairs in a professional manner

b ) I can't believe those idiots fell for it - we've stung them good and proper because they were so desperate

c) I've got too much time on my hands to be even posting this rubbish

I’d go for option ‘a’.

Tommy G told the Northampton chairman that all he had in his piggy bank was the money he’d got for Maguire from a bunch of tight fisted chancers in Sheffield.

The Northampton chairman said it was the only offer he’d had for the ungrateful little **** and so he’d have to take it.

Because they are professionals they obviously didn’t have to say any of that out loud.

Non-Derby fan in peace! Fair play to Nigel Clough and Derby - you're the one side that genuinely scours the lower leagues for talent. You're a well run outfit - I hope your fans appreciate it.

Is that right Tom, OK, Tarah

Non-Derby fan in peace! Fair play to Nigel Clough and Derby - you're the one side that genuinely scours the lower leagues for talent. You're a well run outfit - I hope your fans appreciate it.

Thanks, all the best to your lot. Sadly smiffy answered your question about our fans.

Archived