Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are not going to get a 37 goals in 37 games striker.What we will do is buy a player and make him do that.Look at theo a common example barely scored 3 in a seson now hes our top scorer and you knoiw why that is because hes playing in a better side with better management.Russell has only recently turned 22 got his first Cap for scotland.Whether scotland arient that a good international side or not.Its still international experience that will only help him grow.But on ther hand he got 15 assists in total which helped john Daly so least we know he wouldnt be a selfish player who waste chances

At a Loss? Payed 425k got 675k how is that a loss.(maths practice needed)

Maguire is still a good footballer and was a really good find.look at him at Portsmouth the goals he scored shows he can do it.We just have to blame both Maguire and Clough for that as they clearly didnt like eachother.I reallly like the fact that all the players see eachother and speak outside of the football it shows a good harmony and that is also key winning matches and maguire would have ruined that.

[size=5]From the DET

CHRIS Maguire's departure from Derby County was in the best interests of both parties, according to chief executive Tom Glick.

Maguire has left Pride Park after only one year at the club to join Sheffield Wednesday for a fee of around £250,000.[/size]

1. [size=5]
    http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localpeople/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/16438903/3904269
    Chris Maguire
    [/size]

[size=5]Although Derby have made a loss on the player they bought from Aberdeen last summer, the funds raised from the sale will be made available to manager Nigel Clough to spend on strengthening his squad ahead of the new season.

Maguire, meanwhile, said he was happy to leave the Rams as he felt he had not been given a fair chance in the team.

"It didn't work out for Chris here at Derby," said Glick.

"Sometimes, that happens and I think it's been good for both parties that we identified that a change was for the best.

"Sometimes, it's best to draw a line under things.

"We wish Chris all the best and we hope that he is successful, except on August 18 (when Wednesday visit Pride Park on the opening day of the season) and when we go up to Hillsborough."

Do you just make everything up?[/size]

we are not going to get a 37 goals in 37 games striker.What we will do is buy a player and make him do that.Look at theo a common example barely scored 3 in a seson now hes our top scorer and you knoiw why that is because hes playing in a better side with better management.Russell has only recently turned 22 got his first Cap for scotland.Whether scotland arient that a good international side or not.Its still international experience that will only help him grow.But on ther hand he got 15 assists in total which helped john Daly so least we know he wouldnt be a selfish player who waste chances

I'm not saying were going to get a 37 goal striker but id like to think we could get one who had at least scored over 10 in a season. Theo had scored a few goals in league 1 before he joined about 15 for huddersfield in a season I think. We need a poacher rather than a striker who will assist, we created plenty of chances last year the problem is putting them in.

At a Loss? Payed 425k got 675k how is that a loss.(maths practice needed)

Maguire is still a good footballer and was a really good find.look at him at Portsmouth the goals he scored shows he can do it.We just have to blame both Maguire and Clough for that as they clearly didnt like eachother.I reallly like the fact that all the players see eachother and speak outside of the football it shows a good harmony and that is also key winning matches and maguire would have ruined that.

The DET reported an undisclosed fee of around £250k!?

I'm not saying were going to get a 37 goal striker but id like to think we could get one who had at least scored over 10 in a season. Theo had scored a few goals in league 1 before he joined about 15 for huddersfield in a season I think. We need a poacher rather than a striker who will assist, we created plenty of chances last year the problem is putting them in.

I know what you mean.When i searched for him and found out he only scored that amount i was annoyed that we havent been searching

for a 20 goal man.But Johnny russell is nigels choice not a player being suggested.According to loads of people we are getting two but

Nigel belives Ball can become that.Id rather stick with ball who we know can score that risk another big money gamble that can become a flop.Ill post some Russell goals up its not so much the amount of goals i think cloughis looking for in Russell but the fact he is very much similar to rooney in the way he wants the ball and will drop back into midfield to get .

Krystian Pearce? He could have been right at the top by now but he suffered a big injury and is fornate to still be playing.Notts county have done amazing with him and he is now almost back to his best only 22.Really really fast for a centre back and really good command in the air.

What? errr no.But people are posting utter Bs about vokes and Maynard when we have never been linked with them and could never afford their wages.I never said we are signing russell i said its a Possibilityas so many people posting that hes apparently our only choice..675k? was a general mistake due to sky sports saying we rejected a 450k bid from watford then it turns out we sell him for 250k.I said we were signing Will grigg or Jake jervis but people keep posting back that we are not.How do you know we are not.If not who then?.Ovb russell will probally go to Celtic.Im just saying that he was one of the players Nigel admired.Jeez

Wont be able to afford him, not unless we lose Shackell and if that does happen I think we need someone with a bit more experience!

we need only to fill 3 posistions a Lb,Cb cover and St

the Lb will be free transfer or a young player in lower divisions

Cb cover seems to be Pearce or Osbourne on free

Steve davies is transfer listed at 1.4

james bailey is 800k

thats joint at 2.2million how can we not afford him if the other posisitions are free transfers dundee united want 1.5 for him but celtic were only prepared to pay 1.2.

This is the Michael Jacobs thread, for discussions strangely enough about Michael Jacobs. All other player rumours need to go in a separate thread BUT if a link to a genuine source cannot be provided the thread will be removed.

*football-rumours.co.uk and transfer-rumours are NOT genuine sources.

Any further crap in this thread or any other player thread will be removed.

Archived