Derbyshire CCC

smiffy

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this going to be the first year that Derbyshire progress to the knockout stages? I'm not sure, but I think we're the only county never to have made it beyond the group stage (thanks in part to Brad Cheaty-Hodge at Leicester the other year).

I can't remember being this excited about Derbyshire.

We've never managed to attract any decent cricketers except maybe Cork who was a local.

Chanderpaul was an absolute champ tonight. You could even call him world class even at 38.

I can't remember being this excited about Derbyshire.

We've never managed to attract any decent cricketers except maybe Cork who was a local.

Chanderpaul was an absolute champ tonight. You could even call him world class even at 38.

Off the top of my head...

Eddie Barlow, Peter Kirsten, Mohammed Azharuddin, Ian Bishop, Michael Holding, Adrian Kuiper, Ole Mortensen, Mike Hendrick, Kim Barnett, Harold Rhodes, Geoff Miller, Bob Taylor, Jacques Rudolph, David Steele

Eddie Barlow, Peter Kirsten, Mohammed Azharuddin, Ian Bishop, Michael Holding, Adrian Kuiper, Ole Mortensen, Mike Hendrick, Kim Barnett, Harold Rhodes, Geoff Miller, Bob Taylor, Jacques Rudolph, David Steele

Mike Katich? Di Venuto?

Mike Katich? Di Venuto?

Dean Jones

Devon Malcolm

Phil DeFreitas

Chris Adams

Not forgetting boom boom Afridi

Afridi's Derbyshire career in one line:

Swish-miss-swish-miss-swish-six-swish-miss-swish-death rattle

• 3 weeks later...

Archived