Derbyshire CCC

smiffy

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very tight still, if, and we may well do, we lose heavily to Durham , and Surrey beat Somerset, we could well be bottom of the league again.

But at least we have made fist of it! I expected this season to be tough and the first 10 games were a nightmare but they have come good. Perhaps too late but no longer a joke. Lots of people with egg on face, saying we would never win a game etc. Hope they are enjoying the run in!

With all the County League and young players in the team we have done OK.

Still steaming about the Surrey game, us NOT playing our best side, for what ever reasons, we would not have lost if we had, of that I have no doubt.

Not to mention the dropped catch off Amla.....Grrrr :angry:

Again, 2 runs off an extra batting point - could be crucial.

Twice in 2 games now, if we go down by a point, that would be very hard to take.

I think Somerset are going to screw us over and beat Surrey. The weather doesn't look great down there for tomorrow though.

We just need to make sure we a) get max bowling points and b) avoid defeat. A draw won't be too bad.

I can not for the life of me understand Surrey this morning, they can not win, but they are going for the runs, not just trying to survive.

Seems silly to me , seeing as the have a game in hand.

PS we missed the third bowling point by nine balls.

Archived