Derbyshire CCC

smiffy

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going tomorrow in anticipation of our second victory of the season. 

Think we have a very good chance, but if we los then it is all over.

The only other teams that can realistically go down are Somerset and Surrey. The somerset game is almost certainly going to end in a draw and the Durham are in a very good position against Surrey after day one.

We've still got to play both teams as well so a win would make the last 4 games very interesting. 

Would be one of the greatest domestic cricket achievements if this team stays up.

The only other teams that can realistically go down are Somerset and Surrey. The somerset game is almost certainly going to end in a draw and the Durham are in a very good position against Surrey after day one.

We've still got to play both teams as well so a win would make the last 4 games very interesting. 

Would be one of the greatest domestic cricket achievements if this team stays up.

We need to win two games (including this one) and not lose to Somerset or Surrey. A win tomorrow would be massive in terms of morale and confidence.  

Agree 100%, wouldn't it be great if we stay up and Surrey go down. We pull our players from local cricket and they spend a fortune on bringing in the world's best batsman to get them out of a hole.

Great win today

Had them 121-7 then they took it to 206-7. Got there in the end though. The other results have gone our way too.

The somerset game has been delayed which is a shame as they were looking like losing which would have been a big bonus for us

Stupid rules in county cricket, Finn is now playing for Middx, halfway through the game.

No fair.

Don't get me started. It always happens to us.

I am delighted to state that after what I hope was an arduous and frustrating drive from the Oval to Derby, Finn managed to take 1-50, and scored 0 and 0, off a total of 8 deliveries. A fine day's work.

I hope he got stuck in the mother and father of traffic jams on the M1 on the way home.

Don't get me started. It always happens to us.

I am delighted to state that after what I hope was an arduous and frustrating drive from the Oval to Derby, Finn managed to take 1-50, and scored 0 and 0, off a total of 8 deliveries. A fine day's work.

I hope he got stuck in the mother and father of traffic jams on the M1 on the way home.

It worked out fine, as it happens, but it is still a stupid rule.

Pleased it was not Tremlett, how he got stuck in at Durham, is he in the one day squad ??

Away to Surrey and Somerset will decide it I guess, but brilliant that the young lads have given themselves a chance to compete. Chuffed for them.

Away to Surrey and Somerset will decide it I guess, but brilliant that the young lads have given themselves a chance to compete. Chuffed for them.

Don't forget they have to play one another as well, a low scoring draw would be good.

Don't forget they have to play one another as well, a low scoring draw would be good.

I didn't know that smiffy. Three county mini-league then?

Archived