Kappa, it is...

Ambitious

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, I won't sleep tonight now.... Will Theo be modelling it? Will it be white? Will the ram be free? Will them two kappa people get it on? What colour will the away shirt be? Will it be lucky? Will we look mean? Will we win the league in it? Will it look good in Barbados? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

It's official

Derby County have teamed up with Italian sports brand Kappa in an exciting new partnership.

The Rams have entered into a five-year agreement with Kappa to manufacture Derby County's replica kits from the 2012-13 season right the way through to the end of the 2017-18 campaign.

Kappa is the sportswear brand dedicated to active and dynamic people who want technical and functional clothing with a modern, engaging and colourful style. They supply kits for a number of leading clubs across Europe including teams in the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Eredivisie and Ligue 1.

As part of the agreement, Kappa will also supply Derby's players and coaching staff with trainingwear items, as well as various other leisurewear which will be available to purchase through the new DCFCMegastore and online at both WeAreDerby.com and dcfcmegastore.com.

The Rams' relationship with Kappa will see shopDCFC on Pride Park undertake a summer rebrand, with a name change to DCFCMegastore and will re-open for business on 1st July.

In addition a new Derby County merchandise store will also be opening in Derby City Centre in the Autumn.

"We are delighted to announce our new relationship with Kappa," said Derby County Vice President of Operations John Vicars.

"This is a tremendous opportunity for Derby County and Kappa to work together closely and we're excited about what the next five years holds.

"When we sat down with Kappa to discuss a potential deal we were extremely impressed with what they had to say and I am sure their items will be a big hit with our fans."

Simon Bamber, Kappa UK's CEO, commented: "Kappa has a long and rich heritage in football and we are delighted to be associated with Derby County, a Club with a great, great history. A Club who's ambitions match our own. We share their passion, desire and energy for football and we're extremely excited to be partnered with them."

The announcement brings to an end Derby's five-year association with adidas and Vicars added: "We've enjoyed five very good years with adidas, built some strong relationships and we appreciate their hard work and commitment during that time."

Details of Derby County's new-look replica kits for the 2012-13 season will be announced later this summer.

If our shop is a Megastore Old Trafford must have a hyperstore.

On a plus note I'll be able to slope off the DCFC shop in town while the misses is shopping.

If they sell iron on club badges you'll be able to nip down Sports Direct bargain basket and kit yourself out head to toe in Derby gear for a fiver.

Gonna love it in Chad.

5 years as well, if that's Glick's parting gift he clearly hates us.

Coming off the back of Adidas, anything is an improvement. I imagine they enjoyed reasonable profit margins courtesy of us considering the quality of the material was beyond derisory.

I like Kappa football kits, not a fan of their other products but in terms of football they usually do good.

as long as we dont have their badge plastered down the arm 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I hope not, just a tiny one on the inside label would do me. I'm just not a fan of Kappas logo, never have been.

Archived