Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why have we got nobody? thought we had irons in the fire ready to come in?

It looks like we won't get anyone in to improve the squad until we get rid of a players wage. Reading between the lines, they will only go over the wages budget in the meantime if we have to cover injuries in specific positions.

Why do people think we need another striker? I know they said we were after one and it would have been nice to get Waggy but we are hardly short of options.

Davies

Theo

Ward

Ball

Cwyka

B.Davies

Maguire

Tyson (when he can walk again)

Are all capable of bringing goals (apart from Tyson IMO) so I am not too bothered- would rather have a LB

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to pack unwanted left-back Wayne Bridge off on loan to the Championship.

Bridge, 31, has been told he does not feature in Roberto Mancini's plans but failed to secure a move away from the Etihad Stadium before the transfer window slammed shut.

He spent half a season at West Ham last season and City are desperate to send him out on a temporary basis once again.

Mancini said: "I think that it is better for him if we can find a good solution in the Championship."

Another player down the pecking order at City is defender Nedum Onuoha.

The 24-year-old played on loan at Sunderland last term but a proposed move to Everton collapsed last week.

Onuoha could still have a role to play in terms of helping the club meet minimum homegrown player regulations but is likely to move on sooner or later.

Mancini added: "Onouha will stay with us because he is homegrown but he knows it is difficult for him to play often.

"We may find a good solution for him in the next two or three months, or in January maybe." :D

Why do people think we need another striker? I know they said we were after one and it would have been nice to get Waggy but we are hardly short of options.

Davies

Theo

Ward

Ball

Cwyka

B.Davies

Maguire

Tyson (when he can walk again)

Are all capable of bringing goals (apart from Tyson IMO) so I am not too bothered- would rather have a LB

Considering we are after a player to spearhead the attack, I can only see Tyson, Ball and Theo filling that role. S Davies should play behind, Ward, Cywka and B Davies are wingers and Maguire is more of an AM.

From those 3 Forwards (Tyson, Ball, and Theo), how many would they score between them in a season? 10 at best? We NEED another forward!

Considering we are after a player to spearhead the attack, I can only see Tyson, Ball and Theo filling that role. S Davies should play behind, Ward, Cywka and B Davies are wingers and Maguire is more of an AM.

From those 3 Forwards (Tyson, Ball, and Theo), how many would they score between them in a season? 10 at best? We NEED another forward!

Really? If Theo has one to his name at the minute- related to how long he has been on the pitch isn't a bad return and if he was first choice to play on the left side of attack I reckon he could get near to double figures. I agree with you on Tyson but I hoping he will prove me wrong. As for Ball, he is an unknown quantity- if he is half as prolific for the first team as he is for the reserves/ youth we will all be more than happy. To say that they would only get 10 between them is absurd to be honest, I just don't think Ball will get the chance but maybe us not signing a striker could be a blessing in disguise....

You also say that Davies should play behind play behind, why? He hasn't so far this season and he is now a centre forward who scores goals- therefore I think Clough would disagree with you, as do I. Ward is kind of a winger but more direct as in he will score goals but will never be a target man. Al in all I feel that the LB and maybe defensive mid are much higher priorities.

Really? If Theo has one to his name at the minute- related to how long he has been on the pitch isn't a bad return and if he was first choice to play on the left side of attack I reckon he could get near to double figures. I agree with you on Tyson but I hoping he will prove me wrong. As for Ball, he is an unknown quantity- if he is half as prolific for the first team as he is for the reserves/ youth we will all be more than happy. To say that they would only get 10 between them is absurd to be honest, I just don't think Ball will get the chance but maybe us not signing a striker could be a blessing in disguise....

You also say that Davies should play behind play behind, why? He hasn't so far this season and he is now a centre forward who scores goals- therefore I think Clough would disagree with you, as do I. Ward is kind of a winger but more direct as in he will score goals but will never be a target man. Al in all I feel that the LB and maybe defensive mid are much higher priorities.

My gran could have finished that goal against Burnley. IMO Robinson would only get close to double figures in league 2. I can't see Ball featuring much this season, and with tyson coming back soon, Ball and Robinson will be further down the pecking order so it's likely they won't score many between them.

If we had a 'poacher' infront of Davies, he'd be able to get more goals in the box, and Davies would have more space (due to defenders marking the 'poacher') so will be more likely to score from his typical long range shots. How many times has he been in a good position in the area anyway?

I agree that we need a LB more than anything else. I'm not sure about DM though as we already have Hendrick, Bailey, B Davies and Bryson who can fill in there and could do a good job. Green and Addison come back in the New Year. That's potentially 6 players to choose from. A short term loan would be ideal, but there are few players out there at the moment that we can get who would improve them team.

My gran could have finished that goal against Burnley. IMO Robinson would only get close to double figures in league 2. I can't see Ball featuring much this season, and with tyson coming back soon, Ball and Robinson will be further down the pecking order so it's likely they won't score many between them.

If we had a 'poacher' infront of Davies, he'd be able to get more goals in the box, and Davies would have more space (due to defenders marking the 'poacher') so will be more likely to score from his typical long range shots. How many times has he been in a good position in the area anyway?

I agree that we need a LB more than anything else. I'm not sure about DM though as we already have Hendrick, Bailey, B Davies and Bryson who can fill in there and could do a good job. Green and Addison come back in the New Year. That's potentially 6 players to choose from. A short term loan would be ideal, but there are few players out there at the moment that we can get who would improve them team.

so them 13 goals in 17 games he scored in league one? they didn't happen, ah, guess not.

Jermaine McGlashan from Aldershot, a pacy Right Winger. Has really developed his game over the past year, would be a good addition to the squad as he isnt afraid to try and beat his man or get stuck in.

He made the winning goal v West Ham and wouldnt be too costly as Aldershot aren't in the best financial state atm

Archived