Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

Riggs will be signed by next season, celtic came in for him but he is happy training with the rams and getting fit here and feels settled in. We just have to hope he can now stay fit. He knows wherever he play will be pay as play

Celtic must have a copy of our shopping list?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster, so please don't shoot me down :redface:

Been looking for players who are out of contract and I came across a few potentially good players:

Giles Barnes-I know he isn't everybodies cup of tea, and he does have a cocky arrogance about him, but there is no denying the talent which this kid has got. Maybe having not played for so long his head may have shrunk a little, I would personally love to see him back in a Derby shirt

Michael Kightley-now, I know what you are going to say, he is always injured, which is in my eyes the only problem with this quality player. At only 25 he still has time to turn his injury fortunes around, a la Commons. He would tear the Championship apart if we managed to seal him.

David Jones-another Derby "reject" but I lived him in our promotion season. IMO he is a lot better than Green, Cywka etc. so why not go for him, he is 26 and once again, like the above he would be a luxury and quality player in the Championship.

More of note:

Neill Danns

Marek Cech

Jonas Olsson

Angel Rangel

Thoughts...

Been looking for players who are out of contract and I came across a few potentially good players:

Giles Barnes-I know he isn't everybodies cup of tea, and he does have a cocky arrogance about him, but there is no denying the talent which this kid has got. Maybe having not played for so long his head may have shrunk a little, I would personally love to see him back in a Derby shirt

Michael Kightley-now, I know what you are going to say, he is always injured, which is in my eyes the only problem with this quality player. At only 25 he still has time to turn his injury fortunes around, a la Commons. He would tear the Championship apart if we managed to seal him.

David Jones-another Derby "reject" but I lived him in our promotion season. IMO he is a lot better than Green, Cywka etc. so why not go for him, he is 26 and once again, like the above he would be a luxury and quality player in the Championship.

More of note:

Neill Danns

Marek Cech

Jonas Olsson

Angel Rangel

Thoughts...

I'd say yes to all of them, apart from Barnes, the only way I'd like to be sat in a stadium watching him, is if this was Ancient Rome and he was surrounded by Lions.

More of note:

Neill Danns

Marek Cech

Jonas Olsson

Angel Rangel

Thoughts...

Barnes can't get any insurance, which is why he has hardly played for WBA, so he will struggle to get a club anywhere!!

Would have David Jones back in a heart beat, not sure on the others though.

Barnes can't get any insurance, which is why he has hardly played for WBA, so he will struggle to get a club anywhere!!

Would have David Jones back in a heart beat, not sure on the others though.

Any proof for that as he has played in 19 first team games this season. Im sure if he couldnt get insurance he wouldnt have played at all.

Yeah we were around the time we were after Sammon - only in one report in Sottland though.

Have you seen the figures for compensation for his training because of his age and being at the club since he was 15. Its going to be at least 400,000 euros - assuming we are classed as a Fifa Category 2 club.

Any proof for that as he has played in 19 first team games this season. Im sure if he couldnt get insurance he wouldnt have played at all.

A friend who works at an academy deals with quite a few agents. Just re-read and his insurance is the minimum in can be, and would struggle to get a renewal due to his injuries. As he is on the lowest insurance the club do not want to risk him as much as they would like. I believe he hasn't played a full game this season, and the majority of his games have been the last 10-15 mins of games.

Don't they have massive support around the world where as many english in the top two clubs rely on the tv deals?

sarcasm hopefully. Surely Rangers also have this world famous support, but have spent about 1 fee in about 3 year years. Celtic are living off the massively overpriced McGeady transfer, they got lucky with that, it won't last for long

sarcasm hopefully. Surely Rangers also have this world famous support, but have spent about 1 fee in about 3 year years. Celtic are living off the massively overpriced McGeady transfer, they got lucky with that, it won't last for long

It's been widely reported and I did have a couple of links somewhere, that they in debts exceeding twenty million and are going to have to have a real clearout at the end of the Season if they don't win the SPL.

He would not cost a penny being in scotland and him moving to a different country.

Did you research that or pull it out if thin air, thus us a direct quote from FIFA regulations on status and transfer of players (page 59): Annex 4.

Training compensation is due when

i. a player is registered for the first time as a professional;OR

ii. A player is transferred between clubs of two different associations(whether during or at the end of his contract) before the end of the season if his 23rd Birthday

there is even a section detailing how compensation has to be worked out fir players moving between two different associations within the EU/EEA.

I think a move between Scotland and England would constitute a move between clubs of 2 different associations and compensation would be payable.

With leacock looking at the exit and savage retiring it made me think about Danny bujis. We signed him last year until we pulled the deal I believe and I wondered if anyone thought it could opened up again? Would cover DM and RB. Did anything happen between the two parties (Derby and bujis) that would prevent such a deal as I can't remember bit am sure there was something.

I think this thread is going to get very heavy handed during the summer, with 6-7 potential targets.

The obvious one is Frank Fielding which secures a good young goalkeeper. I would like to see us pull a few more from the Premiership, there seems to be good players on the fringes for instance a few players that have been with us in the past sitting doing nothing like Michael Tonge and David Jones. I would also like to see us pull established championship players but we've got to be careful since we've seen picking the wrong ones dont go well, for instance roberts and croft, totally different players since they got here. I would like to see someone like Nick Montgomery, Stephen Quinn, Brian Howard, Sammy Clingan, Brian Stock, Neil Danns.. I bet there is a few more, these are players that consistently do well for their side, and again I would like to see us grab a few good players from league one, with the right mixture and a bit of money we can go from being bottom half layabouts to promotion chasers in a couple of months, put 3-4million into the side and everyone will be a lot happier, I dare say there is probably a hatufl of very good championship players, playing in the championship available for 500k+ I would say add someone like (i cant believe im about to say this) but Danny Graham into the side, who has 20+ goals this season and that will be a massive boost on it's own, plus helps when you've got good players at teams who can't afford to say no (like watford) who I believe are struggling since they haven't got a buyer, a million and a dogfight with other clubs and Graham could become a Derby player, a few years ago I never thought I'd say that, he was dross!

How about Morgan from Sheff United. I know he has 2 years on his contract but if they go down they will possibly be looking to cut costs and could be available for a reasonable fee. Added leadership and experience, quality player if a little ill disciplined. Been promoted on the past with the Blades.

How about Morgan from Sheff United. I know he has 2 years on his contract but if they go down they will possibly be looking to cut costs and could be available for a reasonable fee. Added leadership and experience, quality player if a little ill disciplined. Been promoted on the past with the Blades.

Sorry dav but he is a thug, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team, he is a decent player but there are better out there that we could get.

What he did to Hume was nothing short of an assult, and is utterly disgraceful, don't think he even apologised for it either!!

Did you research that or pull it out if thin air, thus us a direct quote from FIFA regulations on status and transfer of players (page 59): Annex 4.

there is even a section detailing how compensation has to be worked out fir players moving between two different associations within the EU/EEA.

I think a move between Scotland and England would constitute a move between clubs of 2 different associations and compensation would be payable.

Joe Ledley is all I'm going to say. Sure you can go and 'research' from there.

Archived