Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the hell would Danny Graham want to come back to Derby after the way he was treated in his previous spell?:confused:

What? He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. We never boo'd him like we do now days.

Anyone think Adam Hammil? Or is he PL bound??

I'd prob say same about Shane Long......

Quite an abundance of average players about below them and then looking to Murray etc and crossing fingers.

If we rely on a couple more loan targets this season then they have to be premier league experienced or prospective ability.

Anyone think Adam Hammil? Or is he PL bound??

I'd prob say same about Shane Long......

Quite an abundance of average players about below them and then looking to Murray etc and crossing fingers.

If we rely on a couple more loan targets this season then they have to be premier league experienced or prospective ability.

Wolves bought Hammill in Jan.

I'd have Graham back looking at his scoring record recently. To be fair he was only a kid whilst at Derby, playing in a **** team with a **** manager (some would argue nothings changed;)). Wouldn't want John Eustace though, absolutely garbage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372956/Birmingham-manager-Alex-McLeish-backs-Kevin-Phillips-play-hes-40.html

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish backs Kevin Phillips to play until he's 40By Janine Self

Every manager has an exception to the rule, a special case. As far as Alex McLeish is concerned, they do not come much more special than Kevin Phillips.

The Birmingham manager could not have heaped any more praise on Phillips as the player in question bounced past him on the way out of St Andrew’s on Saturday night following the 2-1 win over Bolton.

Phillips, hearing his name, paused and what was already a wide smile broadened even further. The glance that was exchanged displayed a mutual respect and affection.

Phil your boots: Birmingham's Kevin Phillips is still proving a valuable asset despite his age

By 'Eck: Blues boss Alex McLeish is confident Phillips has plenty more left in the tank

Age will be the inevitable victor in Phillips’s battle to extend his career but McLeish is backing the oldest outfield player in the Barclays Premier League to follow the example of Teddy Sheringham and Gordon Strachan by playing at the age of 40.

Former England striker Phillips is best remembered for scoring 127 goals in 237 games for Sunderland, including 30 in the 1999-2000 season as he won the European Golden Boot award — the only Englishman ever to do so.

Now McLeish is asking him to make an invaluable contribution to the Birmingham relegation fight.

Strachan, McLeish’s team-mate at Aberdeen, famously cited a diet of seaweed tablets and bananas as the secret of his longevity.

TOP 10 OLD TIMERS

1 Ryan Giggs (37, Man United)

2 Gary Speed (38, Bolton)

3 Stuart Pearce (39, West Ham)

4 Bryan Robson (39, Middlesbro)

5 Mark Hughes (38, Blackburn)

6 Gordon Strachan (40, Coventry)

7 Teddy Sheringham (40, West Ham)

8 Les Ferdinand (39, Bolton)

9 Dean Windass (39, Hull)

10 Lee Dixon (38, Arsenal)

Phillips, who enjoyed spells at Southampton, Aston Villa and West Bromwich and celebrates his 38th birthday in July, has the lowest body fat ratio at Birmingham. The hunger that burns within him is still for the chance to score goals at as high a level as possible for as long as possible.

McLeish was so convinced he broke his own rules in January and promised Phillips, who has scored 22 goals in 77 appearances for the club, more game time as well as allowing him to start a career as a pundit.

‘It’s very rare for me to do that,’ admitted McLeish. ‘But there were clubs interested in Kevin and I didn’t want him to go. I guaranteed him minutes on the pitch and looking at him now maybe I should have played him earlier. He is a model pro and he doesn’t rock the boat.

‘He just wants to play football and feels he’s still got it. He’s comparing himself to people who reached the age of 40 and continued to play in the Premier League such as Gordon Strachan and Teddy Sheringham.

‘I hope and believe he can get us the goals to stay in the Premier League. I’ve seen him on the TV too. What’s he like as a pundit? Not bad!’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372956/Birmingham-manager-Alex-McLeish-backs-Kevin-Phillips-play-hes-40.html#ixzz1IXBp6Bxj

I don't know any of them but would Barcelona's young players be worth a look in for a loan?

Yeah.....

There's a lad called Mossi or Messi or something, He's only 23 :D

And Bojan is only 20!!! ;)

Ah, to be fair. Not sure about their youth players and who they have/haven't got. But they have a habit of loaning their players to other teams in the BBVA (Cos they're that good I bet!!)

I don't know any of them but would Barcelona's young players be worth a look in for a loan?

Barcelonas youth team would finish top 12 in the PL..

There reserves are full of Jack Wilshire type players, according to Pep, so they would finish top 6.

As for the first team, they'd win the league with over 100 points.

No chance we would be allowed to loan any of them, NC would crucify them for treating the ball like a piece of gold rather than a hot potato.

There are however many decent players in spain, technically very good, even in the Segunda Division (BBVA ie. Championship).. I think Idiakez came from that league.. And Pennant was heading there before he moved back to Stoke.

It's jusr a pity our scouting system doesn't stretch further than Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Lanacashire.

There reserves are full of Jack Wilshire type players, according to Pep, so they would finish top 6.

No chance we would be allowed to loan any of them, NC would crucify them for treating the ball like a piece of gold rather than a hot potato.

There are however many decent players in spain, technically very good, even in the Segunda Division (BBVA ie. Championship).. I think Idiakez came from that league.. And Pennant was heading there before he moved back to Stoke.

It's jusr a pity our scouting system doesn't stretch further than Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Lanacashire.

What about Bueno? Or does he not count?

no thank you, not only is he (Jody Craddock) 35 but he's not very good

...but apparently he's very good at art.

I've been thinking for a while that we miss a really good watercolourist and possibly someone who experiments with collage.

As put in another thread regarding new left back who do want to see? who do you think we could get?

Mattock - Was good at jester couldn't break into the WBA team currently on loan at Sheff U

Adam Drury - Was Norwich captain seems to lost his place to Tierney

George McCartney - Wages might be a issue but very good at ehis level currently on loan at Leeds also fits in with injury luck

Jack Robinson - 17 perhaps too young but plays for Liverpool maybe anoth season long loan

Barca's reserve team would'nt finish top 6 in the championship.

Barca's reserve team would'nt finish top 6 in the championship.

thank god someone has some sense instead of just thinking Barcelona are the greatest thing ever. Send Barcelona to Ssausagehorpe away and they'll struggle, I'd like to see them play football on that pitch

Archived