Shaun Barker

Day

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why when someone puts up a very long post do you all have to quote the whole blooming post. So we have to scroll down for 90 minutes to find a one line reply!!!

Anyway I think we should bring back Claude Davies. Now what a defender he was

I do it as I am on my phone cant be bothered to delete half the post.

Are you serious? Riggott was a top half PL player and was a starter in a team that made the Europa League final.. Barks better? You must be a personal friend to believe so, because that's like saying Theo is better than Bobby Zamora..

Moore was stronger, positonally quite decent, beat virtually everyone in the air and was as solid as a rock.. He's also won promotion a few times and played in the PL.. Barkers career highlight is playing 20 odd games in a team that finished 12th.. If you're a good player, you play at a good level. The NPC is not a good level.

Leacock is the same above.. He's quicker than Barks, positionally better, passes better, tackles better.. Kept far more cleansheets (with Moore) and won promotion..

Shackell has earned big money moves and has played for decent NPC clubs.. He wouldn't be a wanted man if he wasn't good.. Our defence improved massively when he was here, he's better than Barks and results proved that..

My opinion isn't just league position.. You can judge each aspect of a defenders game.. The reason why Barker isn't wanted by anyone and never has been wanted by top NPC/PL teams is that positionally he isn't that good, he's slow, easily turned, can't pass and occasionally gets dragged woefully out of position.. The guy is a monster in the air and is a good talker.. That's what he excells that, the rest is no better than an average NPC defender..

You watch the game at the stadium, I watch the game on TV.. It's the same, I see everything you see but with more technology, instant replies, defensive lines, coverage from those that have played the game and from multiple angles.. Don't start with that nonsense that being at the game tells you far more than one on TV, it doesn't..

I always assumed with Leacock that he just benefitted heavily from 'The Billy Davies factor', i.e. he was under a manager who was very good at getting the best from quite average players. Aside from that one good season, he was really quite poor wasn't he? Rubbish under Jewel and average under Clough - left Derby to set the world alight at Leyton Orient.

On that basis I would say Barker is the better of the two. I agree with you regarding Moore though. With regards to Shackell, I'd say his greatest advantage over Barker is that he doesn't seem to get injured. I expect that if Barker had managed to stay fit a few bids would've come in by now. It's no wonder that some of our best defensive form last season came from them playing together - they're both good quality defenders at NPC level.

Why when someone puts up a very long post do you all have to quote the whole blooming post. So we have to scroll down for 90 minutes to find a one line reply!!!

Anyway I think we should bring back Claude Davies. Now what a defender he was

Hooray for rsmini! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

But 90 minutes? Come on now, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Let's all agree Derby are brilliant then?

FFS it's a messageboard get a grip lad. Moaning about opinions on forum?! Are you real? When we lost 5-2 to Forest what did you talk to your mates in the pub about?? THIS is that place!

I can stand negative posts. I can stand positive posts. I can stand pretty much owt seeing as if I don't like it I can choose to not read on.

What I can't stand is someone saying "Mr Manager is a manager and so therefore he knows more than us" etc...

Why you on a forum then?

Paul Jewell was sacked by a man who knew nothing about football. AVB, Phil Brown, Gary Megson. How did clubs do after men who knew everything got sacked by men who knew nothing?

If I plaster your living room and it looks **** you still have to pay me then because you know **** all about plastering.

We see the end result. We don't know how to make a team do something. We only compare it to other teams/managers/performances. That is what every chairman bases his decisions on. What fans base opinions on.

None of us know how to manage a team. But we know good football from bad.

Was Jim Smith a better manager than Mark Lawrenson's stint? You can't answer because you don't know about managing. Absurd.

This is a forum. It's not a dressing room. We're not telling Bavies he's ****. It's an online pub with your mates. There are no effects from here on the team.

We base our opinions on all the football we see. All manner of tactics and styles.

Where have Derby been finshing lately? It's understandable that things aren't all happy happy. Also, we've not been awful so you can see why there are positives.

We can't say owt bad about GSE because we've know fook all about running a football club.

We can't say Paul Jewell was a poor manager.

It's a message board. If you can't take negative opinions (and positive ones) without getting all OTT then what you doing here??

What I can't take is someone moaning about opinions on a website built on opinions.

A good rule for this forum;

Read, debate, if your getting nowhere.. move on.

Get a grip

I <3 You xxx

Archived