good performance from everyone

B4ev6is

hey guys derby played like top 4 team tonight but unfornetley were not at least not this season, but the building blocks are there to take us to the next level and i throught i would never say this, but ben davies impressed me tonight maybe a break did him good. and what can i say about theo yes he should took both goal if he can learn basic ball control with his feet he might be unstopable next season. and steven davies well i think took him past theo as leading scorer or just behinde him, 3 goals in two games not bad at all and what a free kick a thunder bolt all away across the floor. now bring on watford and red scum nine points out of nine, and would really like to see us finnish 7th to 10th now this season. give us something to aim for i think next season is to try and keep constant all season and success will not befare around the corner.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you say we looked like a top 4 team. Perhaps. But Blackpool didn't, and they're in the top 4. That said, you've got to admit that Blackpool weren't very good at all. I've seen them play better this season, a lot better. Not taking anything away from the lads, I did think it was a very good performance. Another two wins in the next two games would sum up our season, after a few games, we tend to string a few results together. FOREST SOON! Ha.

I just went on Wikipedia to see how many goals Theo Robinson had scored for us and read this:

[size=3]'Theo's goalscroing in the 2011/12 season earnt him the nickname "The One With The Magic Touch" from the Derby County faithful'[/size]

[size=2]Time to own up![/size]

But at least we attacked for a change- all I expect when going to a game is effort from the players and entertainment. Th game wasn't a classic by any stretch but was far more entertaining than anything we have served up in the last few months. Therefore I am happy

We looked nothing like a top 4 team. We were completely outplayed in the first half. Then in the second half we equalised through a deflected free kick. We were hanging on for the last 10 minutes and got lucky.

Of course we didn't look like a top 4 team. I don't even think we played that well in the first half so fully agree there, but 'completely outplayed', I think your post falls apart a bit there. What is the problem with the free kick being deflected? Steve Davies had a shot and it was deflected, I would imagine a lot of goals happen like that. I don't recall anyone bleating about the Birmingham goal taking 'two' deflections!!

What is the problem with the free kick being deflected? Steve Davies had a shot and it was deflected, I would imagine a lot of goals happen like that. I don't recall anyone bleating about the Birmingham goal taking 'two' deflections!!

All I'm saying is there was an element of fortune to our equaliser rather than skill. It was a poorly taken free kick that got a lucky deflection. If it wasn't for that, we may have gone on to lose the game.

What about the double deflection that led to Blackpool getting posession that led to the pass to Ince that led to the goal - was that luck or not?

(Roberts should have cleared it but that's another matter)

Blackpool defender steps on the ball, falls over and gets a free kick - lucky.

Blackpool defender should have had yellow card for taking out Ben Davies in the first half - lucky because he got one in the second half and should have been off.

And Davies' free kick was on target - through the gap in the wall so not poorly struck at all.

Expertly done to hit the defender and fool the goalkeeper like that.

Every winning team needs an element of luck - it was nice to get our share for a change.

And Davies' free kick was on target - through the gap in the wall so not poorly struck at all.

Expertly done to hit the defender and fool the goalkeeper like that.

Exactly, the free kick was hit low and with pace towards the goal, why does that constitute being poorly taken? Would it have gone in if the deflection hadn't happened? Apart from maybe a very few people behind the goal in line with it no-one knows as the only footage is from the side. It is amazing that even when we win people (I won't say "fans") can't wait to pick us apart.

Archived