good performance from everyone

B4ev6is

SD just did what half the people in the stands say when a free kick is taken in that position. 90% of the time the wall jumps as they expect it to go up and down over them so they may get lucky and jump to head it. Loads of us have commented to mates saying why don't you just hit it along the ground!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it was a good performance from Bryson, Tyson, Carroll and particularly Bavies (who was functional atleast)

Hendrick was awesome.

Bryson and Carroll were terrible. I'd rather have a hand shandy in a nettle bush than watch those two play like that. Hendrick carried them.

I agree Alpha, I thought Carroll was much as he has been in the games since arriving, terrible in the first half and poor in the second, still if he gets his 70 mins per game then his loan costs us nowt (allegedly), other than perhaps a few points here and there.

Hendrick was the pick of the midfield for me as well, although I thought Bryson wasn't too bad (closed the ball down well).

I thought Tyson looked quite lively and certainly improved the balance of the team.

Just one other point though, what has happened to Frankies distribution, he was superb when he first arrived on loan and now it looks like he's had training sessions with Bywater as his coach! Still a good shot stopper but his distribution is frustrating the hell out of me.

We looked nothing like a top 4 team. We were completely outplayed in the first half. Then in the second half we equalised through a deflected free kick. We were hanging on for the last 10 minutes and got lucky.

Ha, disagree. Blackpool were poor. We were the better side except for the first 20 mins, and last 10 mins.

I agree Alpha, I thought Carroll was much as he has been in the games since arriving, terrible in the first half and poor in the second, still if he gets his 70 mins per game then his loan costs us nowt (allegedly), other than perhaps a few points here and there.

Hendrick was the pick of the midfield for me as well, although I thought Bryson wasn't too bad (closed the ball down well).

I thought Tyson looked quite lively and certainly improved the balance of the team.

Just one other point though, what has happened to Frankies distribution, he was superb when he first arrived on loan and now it looks like he's had training sessions with Bywater as his coach! Still a good shot stopper but his distribution is frustrating the hell out of me.

His distribution was great when he first came, though Tuesdays game was a big improvement on recent matches.

He hesitates more than I ever noticed with his loan spell too.

His distribution used to be really fast and confident didn't it. Throws down the middle, quick kicks to Leacock etc.

I loved Martin Taylor, still do for his services... but can't help shake the feeling that Fielding hasn't improved at all since arriving properly. Maybe Bywater and Fielding aren't/weren't being given the right sort of advice?

None of this Derby team looks confident though. It's a real ongoing problem. Not individual ability, but confidence/arrogance.

None of this Derby team looks confident though. It's a real ongoing problem. Not individual ability, but confidence/arrogance.

I think confidence is one of the the main problems and one that really needs to be addressed. it's no coincidence that every season we go on a winning stream but also a number of winless streaks. I've said it before but if you look back we go on at least 3 a season. It's not a few loses here or there it's when we lose a couple then we can't get out of that rut for ages.

This current streak was ended, I feel, in part to them saying 'what the hell, let's go for it' against Birmingham. Didn't stop the winless streak but gave us the confidence that when we went behind against Blackpool we felt we could still get the win.

I'm sure there's many theories as to why there appears to be a lack of confidence. I know mine but I bang on about that stuff enough. Just hope it gets fixed and the players feel confident to go and just play.

Confidence.

The players will play with confidence when we stop groaning after the first misplaced pass or poor control.

If Roberts or Theo make a mistake early on then some ill-informed, hateful, ignorant fans, who would rather be watching Man Yoo on SKY if truth be told, think its ok to have a go at honest players who are actually trying their best.

They may well not be good enough to play like Bilbao yet they are the reality of our financial situation.

Even the most blinkered wannabe premiership fan would be amazed at the reaction if we roared encouragement instead of letting them know that we believe they are *****.

If you truly despise the current players and management (because thats what you really are saying when you boo and groan) then do summat about it. Organise a demo, petition, write to Tom Glick, invade America, whatever, but while your watching the Rams, do your bit to help us win.

The first time a player miskicks or fooks up, try giving him a roar, a cheer, let him know that he is playing for a team that has intelligent fans who recognise that we have a fairly young squad who, if not the most talented, will give their all.

You never know, our young team might just play a little better with us behind them.

Its a slow burn, i appreciate that, but we have a chance here to build something really special. If we, as a group of fans, do our bit to help the team it may just have a knock on effect on the squad, the Manager and GSE.

It might even force the owners to show their true colours.

Lets give it the big un against Watford as a warm up for the forest match on Tuesday.

COYR

Agree that fans can have an adverse affect on players confidence by their reaction to mistakes, that all players make - even Messi misplaces passes. You won't control the masses though, you can't get 28,000 people to change their behaviour, their reaction (although not one I share a lot of the time) is just that, a reaction. They react to the situation they see, it's not premeditated. Just like when we score, we jump up and shout and it's all a reaction, we don't contemplate it and think "well the best thing to do in this situation is probably to celebrate" and then go on and celebrate.

Yes fans could be a lot more supportive, I never boo at a game. Can't say I've never turned to my old man and moaned if a player miscontrols the ball for the 3rd time in a row and to be honest if we cheered when he did it then it might be considered ironic.

But all team are in the same boat, all teams are subjected to the moans and groans of fans. We're not unique in this. And that's where good coaches and managers earn their money. They can put that protective arm around a player when needed, they can make them forget the few mistakes and get them to focus on the good work they did.

I think the problem is when simple, very basic things every person starting out playing football learns seems to have been forgotten.

Why play with two out wide in midfield if no one seems to look up. Did anybody else spot Bryson, waving his arms like a windmill on a couple of occasions, trying to attract anybodys attention to pass the ball to him when he was in yards of space.

If you are playing a striker with pace, a real simple thing is that you pass the ball in front of the player and play the ball between the two centre backs, diagonal balls work well too.

Taking throw ins is really very simple, you look for someone on your team (that's someone in the same coloured shirt), and throw the ball in a reasonable way that they can control; of course this relies on your team mates actually moving!

Granted some of the regular STHs seem to think we are Barcelona, or should be playing the same football, when obviously we aren't, they either need to stop booing the team they claim to support or catch a flight to Spain and go and watch at the Nou Camp.

If the team does the simple things well then this will help the situation but we must show more creative and decisive play when in the final third, a backpass or sideways pass when Theo has to check his run, time and time again, will not win over the fans.

I think the problem is when simple, very basic things every person starting out playing football learns seems to have been forgotten.

Why play with two out wide in midfield if no one seems to look up. Did anybody else spot Bryson, waving his arms like a windmill on a couple of occasions, trying to attract anybodys attention to pass the ball to him when he was in yards of space.

If you are playing a striker with pace, a real simple thing is that you pass the ball in front of the player and play the ball between the two centre backs, diagonal balls work well too.

Taking throw ins is really very simple, you look for someone on your team (that's someone in the same coloured shirt), and throw the ball in a reasonable way that they can control; of course this relies on your team mates actually moving!

Granted some of the regular STHs seem to think we are Barcelona, or should be playing the same football, when obviously we aren't, they either need to stop booing the team they claim to support or catch a flight to Spain and go and watch at the Nou Camp.

If the team does the simple things well then this will help the situation but we must show more creative and decisive play when in the final third, a backpass or sideways pass when Theo has to check his run, time and time again, will not win over the fans.

Some great points here. Good teams are simply those who make good decisions whether or not in possession. Every footballer at this level is capable of passing, tackling, heading and shooting. Timing and spacial awareness are then the key. Coaches need to analyse the positions Derby players assume and work on improvements. Hence Green's defensive frailities might be allayed, Robinson and Tyson's pace might be better utilised and our rather samey midfield players might be able to play their way into our opponent's box. This team is a work in progress. If we were crammed full of ageing loan players I'd be more worried. We also need to work on shots from distance. Other than Steve Davies and Ward's crazily optimistic efforts, we don't have the confidence to make a yard and belt it. What this does is not only create an extra way of scoring, but also it makes opposing defenders aware of the need to come at us and we can then play round them.

Confidence.

The players will play with confidence when we stop groaning after the first misplaced pass or poor control.

If Roberts or Theo make a mistake early on then some ill-informed, hateful, ignorant fans, who would rather be watching Man Yoo on SKY if truth be told, think its ok to have a go at honest players who are actually trying their best.

They may well not be good enough to play like Bilbao yet they are the reality of our financial situation.

Even the most blinkered wannabe premiership fan would be amazed at the reaction if we roared encouragement instead of letting them know that we believe they are *****.

If you truly despise the current players and management (because thats what you really are saying when you boo and groan) then do summat about it. Organise a demo, petition, write to Tom Glick, invade America, whatever, but while your watching the Rams, do your bit to help us win.

The first time a player miskicks or fooks up, try giving him a roar, a cheer, let him know that he is playing for a team that has intelligent fans who recognise that we have a fairly young squad who, if not the most talented, will give their all.

You never know, our young team might just play a little better with us behind them.

Its a slow burn, i appreciate that, but we have a chance here to build something really special. If we, as a group of fans, do our bit to help the team it may just have a knock on effect on the squad, the Manager and GSE.

It might even force the owners to show their true colours.

Lets give it the big un against Watford as a warm up for the forest match on Tuesday.

COYR

Ah Uttox - a bright star that comes shining through the darkness. What a great post!

Archived