once again not our night again

B4ev6is

well the lads let them selfs down once more as they played poorly in the first half, and never got going as leciester city closed our play down even through we could not seem to string two passes togather on the deck and if only callum ball shot on goal could have gone it and that might have made a diffenerent story but the chance we did manage to create just would not go in. and if the secound half we did manage to play some good football at times and made leciester city lose there shape and formation i think what the lads can take from defeat is there spirt and fight they took to leciester city and the derby fans supported the lads as everyone saw just how hard the tried just shame they could have started the game like we did in the secound we might have won the game and left we all three points, but i do feel we should given masion bennet a game tonight and played on the wing and used his pace. and as for tom carrol he is no bettter and should have played james bailey.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Callum ball ? If anyone had a shot there's a slight chance it could go in. Bennett. What have you seen from him which could suggest he would have changed tonight's result? Carroll did ok just inexperience. Hendrick did well 2nd half. Tyson was moderately dangerous. Ball was poor. Bryson poor. Ward poor 1st half. Barker, shackell and Roberts did well. Green poor. Fielding brilliant. And that's about everyone.

Carroll took a while to settle into the game, but overall he was alright. He made a few decent passes in behind Leicester's defense.

If I was Bailey I would be beating down the managers door asking why Carroll was in the team ahead of me. One or two good passes from four or five games is not good enough. He looks about 10 years old and is so lightweight it is unbelievable. Highly rated at Spurs but not sure he is cut out for this physical league.

Why Callum ball ? If anyone had a shot there's a slight chance it could go in. Bennett. What have you seen from him which could suggest he would have changed tonight's result? Carroll did ok just inexperience. Hendrick did well 2nd half. Tyson was moderately dangerous. Ball was poor. Bryson poor. Ward poor 1st half. Barker, shackell and Roberts did well. Green poor. Fielding brilliant. And that's about everyone.

Don't know how you could say Fielding was 'brilliant'. Yeah his saves were but the rest of his game was awful. Don't understand why his god awful kicking hasn't been addressed. Gives the ball away 9 times out of 10 from goal kicks. And Carroll? You being serious? He was one of the worst players on the pitch. He makes 3 or 4 excellent moves and passes and you say he did ok...no. He was awful.

If I was Bailey I would be beating down the managers door asking why Carroll was in the team ahead of me. One or two good passes from four or five games is not good enough. He looks about 10 years old and is so lightweight it is unbelievable. Highly rated at Spurs but not sure he is cut out for this physical league.

Reminds me a bit of Hernandez before he came to united, when united signed him, he spent all summer in the gym, and put on about a stone in the summer, and continued it, and became a lot bulkier for the premiership, can't help feeling the same should be done with carroll

Don't know how you could say Fielding was 'brilliant'. Yeah his saves were but the rest of his game was awful. Don't understand why his god awful kicking hasn't been addressed. Gives the ball away 9 times out of 10 from goal kicks. And Carroll? You being serious? He was one of the worst players on the pitch. He makes 3 or 4 excellent moves and passes and you say he did ok...no. He was awful.

I agree with this, Carroll is lightweight, and was very poor in my opinion!!

We just have a lot of poor players for me, the midfielders and forwards aren't good enough to be anywhere near the top 6 for any sustained period. We have had a usual two good runs now we need to find another just to confirm we finish mid table. Sadly we are going no where slowly. At least we have a low wage bill, great

We had the same problem with Bywater, awful distribution that was never addressed. Is it that both are ***** with the ball or is there more to it?

I don't think Fielding was that bad with the ball. When there was an option he would pass or roll it out, otherwise he pumped it up but I saw that as more to do with a lack of options.

As for Carroll. He made a few great through balls and you could see glimpses of why he is rated. I think he suffers from being too lightweight (but then he is a kid) and from having poor players around him.

Biggest issue for me was Hendricks on the right. There were a few times where someone was looking for someone on the right to lay it off to and there was nobody there. Looked better when Tyson went out wide. 3 seasons later and Nigel still feels that central midfielders on the wing works.

well on occionsons it does work but when we keep playing same thing teams come wise to it, and i do think we need speed on the wings and in midfield so that keep oppistion on there toes. I still think we are lacking a decent play maker and decent freeklck taker as well i think jamie ward tried hard and so did callum ball but without support from the midfield it is hard to get anything going, is it time maybe to give that will huges a try in midfield if the likes of manchester united and city as well, so what i question is why don't we play him.

As soon as we started to play out wide, we started asking questions, we got more confident and had Theo been fully fit we might have won it.

What needs to happen is we need to stop trying to play like Arsenal did back in the early 2000s. First half last night noone wanted to put in a cross and when they came inside there was about five Leicester players there to take the ball away.

However in the second half the lads showed what they were capable of. Ball isn't good enough in my view, as the guy who sat next to me was saying, you only have to think quicker than him, and that isn't hard. Hopefully when Theo's back we can start banging a few goals in and propel us to mid table. Then next season we can hopefully make a push for promotion, by which I mean that what we'll really do is promise massive investment to sell season tickets, then buy Burton Albion's star reserve striker, and then wonder why we finish 16th.

i think callum ball is good enough he just needs support from nathen tyson and likes of jamie ward, but he also needs someone who he can feed off and i think masion bennet could be the anwser and that will huges, what the harm in giving them a few more games i think we should give them games against begingham city and blackpool what i would really like to see, is steven davies and masion bennet on the on the right hand side and left side of the wings and swichting sides making hard for them to read.

I NEVER EVER agree with anything B4 says, EVER.....BUT i have to agree with this, why not throw all the young stars in there, we have absolutely nothing to lose, we arent going up or down!

We tried it at Peterborough and it didn't work.

but not with steven davies but on this occision i think might just work as the oppisition will not be expecting it, they will be thinking same side out and at the moment easy to beat, so to have likes of masion bennet and will huges and steven davies, what i would to see a formation as this 3 4 3 making attacking formation.

yes first hald was not great but if they play like they did in the secound half, putting preasure on the oppisition and passing game trying to hit and move football if they do this against begingham city we stand every chance of nicking something. but our defance needs on its A game.

Archived