Miles Addison - A career in decline?

Saunders89

I see Miles has now joined Bournemouth on loan until the end of the season. It's hard to believe what has happened to him in the last 3 years, ever since Stuart Atwell ruled out his "goal" against the red dogs his career has spiralled, he's gone from being a potential "next Tom Huddlestone" to a not wanted loaned out shadow of the player he had the potential to be.

It's quite apparent Nigel doesn't want him anymore, is he ever likely to rediscover his form and potential?, your thoughts please........

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addison was always a limited footballer but got around with his side and physical ability... I haven't seen him play for 2 years so don't want to be too harsh on him, but as for footballing ability he was lightyears behind Barnes and Huddlestone as much as I liked him, if his injury has made him even less agile and slower then there is definitely no space in our team for him.

Surprised we gave him a new contract, when all said and done definitely think it is a case of him not being good enough any more, shame really!

Addison was always a limited footballer but got around with his side and physical ability... I haven't seen him play for 2 years so don't want to be too harsh on him, but as for footballing ability he was lightyears behind Barnes and Huddlestone as much as I liked him, if his injury has made him even less agile and slower then there is definitely no space in our team for him.

Surprised we gave him a new contract, when all said and done definitely think it is a case of him not being good enough any more, shame really!

Not being good enough? Not better than Buxton? Really?

Not being good enough? Not better than Buxton? Really?

Unless you watch them train every day then you have no idea, the only ones who do are Clough and his staff.

The only reason you think Addison is better than Buxton is based on your own perception of the players, I haven't seen Addison nor Buxton play consistently since Cloughs first year in charge,since then both have had pretty long term injuries and both haven't really been seen that much since then.

that was 3 years ago now, as much as people like Addison he hardly set the world alight at Barnsley and he hasn't pushed himself into the first team here so what makes you or anyone else think he is good enough now? No-one can back it up with any sort of fact, I would suggest if he was any sort of use in this division then another championship club would of come for him, and if it was to be believed on here then a premiership club would of been asking... as it is, he is playing league one football.

I think it's massively harsh to ask if his career is in decline. He's only 23 and is coming back from a major injury. He's put in some great performances in the pt for us and got an England U21 cap as a result. I hate that now fans agreed saying he wasn't that good and we don't need him (due to Buxton, etc being amazing I guess). If he was getting games it would be a different tune people danced to.

When Nigel wants rid people will come on here listing the players faults - Hulse was lazy, Commons injury prone, Beuno lightweight, Cywka flattered to deceive, Addison slow, etc. Yet the players that stay - Davies can cross (apparently), Robinson has pace, Buxton does a job, etc.

In terms of passing he has never been great but he can tackle, he can head, he will give you everything and all he needs is a manager who can get him to do that and keep the passing simple. Bloody hell Robinson has about the same amount of ball control as my 4 year old nephew. Yet he got game after game, he was given time and people began to say how good he was. If he'd have been shipped out on loan I'm sure those same people would be listing faults instead of positives.

Maybe I'm being harsh, just feel that some people see Nigel's word as gospel and if he says something they'll find ways of backing that up.

has gone downhill without a doubt - a lack of development under clough and his merry men

It's about time someone came up with a genuine reason for not liking the backroom staff at this club.

Go through as many league teams as you want and have a look at their coaching and backroom staff.

Find me one that doesn't have an ex player or colleague of the manager, find me one that doesnt have ex team mates working together.

Find me one in the championship that has a backroom staff more experienced than ours - even down to academy level if you want. (I think underneath Wass we might have even have Lee Glover another ex forest player?. does anyone have a link to our academy staff?

In fact football at all levels is and shouild be full of ex mates working together, even me playing for my old gaffer Joe on a sunday when Mick my old mate from school used to help us picj the team and put the nets up and I'd buy him a pint... what a **** I am it's just jobs for the lads.

The myth about or backrooom staff being amateur is one that has no substance. They have all played football at a very high level and if you're a player worth your salt, you'd have to be be a complete tool not to listen to them.

Miles hasn't progressed because Miles hasn't progressed. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I think the same is happening to him as many young players, comes in, does alright, many go mad thinking he is the next big thing and can only improve. Nothing really progresses and they lose some form. Some come back, some don't and drop down the leagues. People seem to think that young players always get better, many dont

He offers something no one else can in midfield.

In a 4231 he could keep things simple and actually win the ball. It'd be nice to see someone win a header in midfield and perhaps score from a corner.

Tell him to protect Barker and Shackell like they're his mum and dad.

I don't think he'll ever see the PL. I'm not raving about his quality. But he can give us something we could use.

But he's gone on loan and our midfield will continue to chase shadows for most of the remainder of the season.

Don't like how Clough freezes players out for little or no reason. If he is gong to then why can't we be told so we know the bigger picture. If a player isn't pulling his weight, or doing something alot worse then I understand why he wouldn't want them in the team, etc, but we have no idea what's happened with Maguire, Martin, and the like.

Personal agenda should be put aside, we aren't bothered if someone has annoyed Clough, we are only interested in the team and club itself.

Also, if he is trying to get rid of players like Addison then I have no problem with it so long as they sign someone better than the player who's leaving. No point in getting rid of first teamers just to put aload of inexperienced youngsters in then moan about them when they make mistakes

I don't think he was ever going to be a premierleague player, his touch isn't tight enough, his passing ability is average, although is a very good tackler and not someone you'd like to go in with on a 50/50, he's a championship/ league 1 player for the right team, as Clough is trying to develop a team that can pass the ball well, and keep the ball moving, he doesn't want someone like addison who is likely to give the ball away cheaply.

I will miss him a lot, but I can't help feeling that this is a good decision for the club, and more importantly for him.

I don't see how he couldn't do a job in our powder puff midfield. Goodness knows, it needs strengthening up if nothing else.

Anyway, Bournemouth are well placed for a play off shout in L1, and judging by the amount of money they've been throwing around, more ambitious in the transfer market than us so good luck to him.

There's a realistic chance if he stays there he'll be playing us next season, so it's not like he's dropped down the leagues particularly.

He's put in some great performances in the pt for us and got an England U21 cap as a result.

He played CH for England U21 I believe. That's what Bournemouth want him for. imo he was always a better CH than a CM and I hope he does well for the cherries in that position. Good luck to him.

When Nigel wants rid people will come on here listing the players faults - Hulse was lazy, Commons injury prone, Beuno lightweight, Cywka flattered to deceive, Addison slow, etc. Yet the players that stay - Davies can cross (apparently), Robinson has pace, Buxton does a job, etc.

Hulse and Commons were financial decisions. Bueno and Cywka were signed by Clough.

Some people think everything NC does is ok others think everything he does is wrong....the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Archived