Miles Addison - A career in decline?

Saunders89

Don't like how Clough freezes players out for little or no reason. If he is gong to then why can't we be told so we know the bigger picture. If a player isn't pulling his weight, or doing something alot worse then I understand why he wouldn't want them in the team, etc, but we have no idea what's happened with Maguire, Martin, and the like.

Personal agenda should be put aside, we aren't bothered if someone has annoyed Clough, we are only interested in the team and club itself.

Also, if he is trying to get rid of players like Addison then I have no problem with it so long as they sign someone better than the player who's leaving. No point in getting rid of first teamers just to put aload of inexperienced youngsters in then moan about them when they make mistakes

What needs to be considered here, is that if NC was to come out and tell us why this or that player was going, then he would be ridiculed for slagging players off in public. Something that he has been hammered for doing in the past. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hulse and Commons were financial decisions. Bueno and Cywka were signed by Clough.

Some people think everything NC does is ok others think everything he does is wrong....the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm not talking about why they were sold. I'm saying that as soon as they are sold people on here would have you believe they were poor players. I don't see how the fact Nigel signed Bueno and Cywka changes anything of what I said. I rated both signings but in both cases Nigel soon lost favour with such 'flair' players and they lost their place in the starting 11 for more industrious players, when that happened people suddenly listed their faults and that Nigel was once again right to get rid.

I think it's massively harsh to ask if his career is in decline.

Really? Well it's true. His career is in decline.

Coming back from injury or not, the facts remain he is playing for a side in the third tier of English football as he is seen as not good enough to play in the second tier.

Players much better than Addison have recoved a lot quicker from injuries worse than what he had.

DCFC have had rotten luck with two really star talents. Firstly Barnes whose career has been blighted by injury and now Addison.

Really? Well it's true. His career is in decline.

Coming back from injury or not, the facts remain he is playing for a side in the third tier of English football as he is seen as not good enough to play in the second tier.

Players much better than Addison have recoved a lot quicker from injuries worse than what he had.

DCFC have had rotten luck with two really star talents. Firstly Barnes whose career has been blighted by injury and now Addison.

He's not been picked by Nigel, how can he make a comeback when he's not played?

He's seen as not good enough by Nigel.

Forgive me if I don't write him off based on that.

WilkoRam,

OK, my point was that people constantly berate Clough for not liking flair players yet he constantly brings them into the team. He got some great work out of Commons, most fans thought Bueno was a class player, probably a majority thought Cywka a decent player, Carroll looks skillful.

Why would he keep trying to get that bit of flair into the team if he genuinely didn't "like" those type of players.

He's trying to find these players on the cheap because he can't afford to compete for the really good ones.....imo.

As for some fans criticising players.....isn't that what we all do.

Every single one of us could do a better job than NC......in our opinion!

He's not been picked by Nigel, how can he make a comeback when he's not played?

He's seen as not good enough by Nigel.

And the Barnsley manager who chose not to take the option of furthering his loan deal.

If he was good enough for DCFC then Nigel would play him.

. Really ! Just heard Cloughie on RD talking about Callum Ball , Tyson and Jamie Ward regarding our attacking force ie Tyson playing off big man Ball and Ward in withdrawn roll. He's also talking somewhere else about precision in the final third ie Green over hitting crosses against Southampton and just after that Bradford and some one else did it. Well tonight let's see how it goes I think the strike force is poor and people like Ben Davies. Maguire and Addison who could play CB CM or Cf shouldn't be discarded.

If any of the players you mentioned were doing the business in training and looking like they could play a part then Clough would give them their chance.

They are obviously not so they don't get played. It really isn't rocket science is it...

. I'm just saying I've got to go because I'm flogging a dead horse here. End of the day( oh the cliques) Cloughie has the final say and that's how it should be whilst he is manager. We just have opinions right or wrong.

I agree, I didn't get whether you were saying that its all Cloughies fault and he has to go or that you think Clough is in charge, end of but you have to go!

Every single one of us could do a better job than NC......in our opinion!

True.

He got some great performances from Commons, the best he'd played during his time here. He got Bueno in on loan and signed Cywka. All of them have now gone. I don't think he has faith in creative players. As soon as we hit a speed bump, a few poor results, then these players are dropped and we are made more 'solid' (4 Central midfielder across the middle 4) These creative players are then not seen again.

True.

He got some great performances from Commons, the best he'd played during his time here. He got Bueno in on loan and signed Cywka. All of them have now gone. I don't think he has faith in creative players. As soon as we hit a speed bump, a few poor results, then these players are dropped and we are made more 'solid' (4 Central midfielder across the middle 4) These creative players are then not seen again.

In fairness Bueno was on loan, and Commons decided to join Celtic despite us offering a contract that met his demands.

Just seen this quote by Miles on the Bournemouth website: "The manager is very ambitious and that's what I want, I want to be at a club that has ambition."

Wish one of our players would say that!

If you remember Barker said similar when he signed. Along with his own Premier League ambition. Bet he regrets saying it now!

What needs to be considered here, is that if NC was to come out and tell us why this or that player was going, then he would be ridiculed for slagging players off in public. Something that he has been hammered for doing in the past. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No. I loved it when he told us what he thought Cwyka was doing wrong. It made sense. How he said it was a little off.... but it was a good open thing. Nigel got a lot of unfair criticism for that.

There is a big difference between Miles and our next Paul McGrath "jake Buxton", Addision wont be happy with the 2 minutes appearance that happens when we are winning or drawing (or looking for playmaker for our counter attacks when we are 2-0 down as somone on here told me!).

It dont look like Addision will get into our defence, he is not/was not mobile enough last time I saw him play, and therefore strugles to get into the side, he has probably knocked on NC's door and asked for a move away so he can get time on the pitch, and it benefits our "budget" to agree with this.

We arent going to get promoted this season, and we arent going down, so as he is earning more than £2.50 a good move for all, most of all IMO Bournemouth a club showing some ambition, mind you they will probably go bust spending all this money 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Commons chose to go to Celtic and I don't blame him or criticise Nigel for that (although you'll remember Nigel's comments about Commons contribution when he left). But take those comments in mind, he dropped Bueno long before he went back on loan, he's sold Cywka despite signing him, he's dropped Davies despite him being Commons replacement (we need a player who is more consistent with his delivery into the box - remember that?). Nigel has signed a fair few players whilst here, including Ward that's 4 creative players that he's signed and 1 that still gets a game. I expect Ward will be moved higher up the pitch or dropped soon for a more solid midfield to grind out more results.

Archived