Another manager gone..

sideshowbob

Norwich and Southampton spent a fair bit... Southampton second biggest spenders this season, well third perhaps!

Norwich spent very very little, Southampton have spent very little, 1.8 on sharp is not a lot of money, they bought lambert while in division 1.

My point is i think at this moment in time we have as much chance of going up as Leicester, the table dosen't lie.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding good buy; Brayford - bargain buy; Barker - excellent buy; Bailey - bargain buy; Ward - good buy as opposed to goodbye; Shacks - Good buy; B Davies - jury out or could be goodbye; Bryson - turning in to an excellent buy; Roberts - jury out;

A few not quite made the grade though.

Hendrick, Ball coming through the ranks and Bennett plus Witham are good future prospects. Things look promising for the future and Cloughs record in the transfer market has been fairly good, certainly with the money he has had available

i agree promotion can happen with little money spent and a good manager but the example of southampton you give isnt great as they do have loads of cash and when adkins was with scunny with no money they didnt get promoted!

also i reckon norwich are ok for cash too cos theyve spent quite a bit.. i reckon they still spent about 3 million when they went up..might be wrong tho just going from memory

Behind Derby ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Norwich actually spent very little during there promotion season, Southampton though have just bought Sharp.

Success can be bought without money, but it takes a very good manager to acheive this, of the clubs in the top 6, how many have not spent a couple of quid this season ?

popular misconception with Norwich, who in actual fact spent a fair amount during their 2 promotions... nothing major, but they certainly didn't do it on a budget!

Southampton have an expensive assembled side...

1.2 Schniederlin

1.2 Fonte

1.1 Lambert

750k Cork + 20k a week wages

700k Lee Bernard

1 Do Prado

1.8 Sharp

1.8 Fox

600k Hammond

300k Chaplow

1million Steve De Ridder..

probably a few more! there is certaintly a few million pound spread around..

popular misconception with Norwich, who in actual fact spent a fair amount during their 2 promotions... nothing major, but they certainly didn't do it on a budget!

1.2 Schniederlin

1.2 Fonte

1.1 Lambert

700k Lee Bernard

1 Do Prado

1.8 Sharp

1.8 Fox

600k Hammond

300k Chaplow

I took my figures from the below site, which shows that they did it on a budget, how accurate it is I dont know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[url=http://www.transferleague.co.uk/agent-fees/norwich-city.html]http://www.transferleague.co.uk/agent-fees/norwich-city.html

Fielding good buy; Brayford - bargain buy; Barker - excellent buy; Bailey - bargain buy; Ward - good buy as opposed to goodbye; Shacks - Good buy; B Davies - jury out or could be goodbye; Bryson - turning in to an excellent buy; Roberts - jury out;

Hendrick, Ball coming through the ranks and Bennett plus Witham are good future prospects. Things look promising for the future and Cloughs record in the transfer market has been fairly good, certainly with the money he has had available

Good post. No doubt our friend SSB will say that Clough just got lucky 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Also O'Brien will be able to contribute for us in the future.

In the next 2-3 years we'll be looking at Atkins, Morch and Severn in goals who will struggle to be getting first tea football then Galinski, Lelan, Witham, Richards, Hughes, Bennett and Thomas also to get in on the act, along with O'Brien, Hendrick, Ball, Naylor and Doyle who are still developing!

big push in our youth team has gone along way, IMO. I didn't think we'd see results this quickly, personally!

1.2 Schniederlin

1.2 Fonte

1.1 Lambert

700k Lee Bernard

1 Do Prado

1.8 Sharp

1.8 Fox

600k Hammond

300k Chaplow

Not all of them this season and they sold Oxlade-Chamberlain for £10 million +.

Not all of them this season and they sold Oxlade-Chamberlain for £10 million +.

Aye, they did but we haven't sold anyone for £10million but if we did, Id like to think we would be in the same boat although they do have powerfully rich owners on their side!

How much for Bennett? 7-8million 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Again?

Well I havent been banned yet.

And to be honest, why should I be banned? I dont swear or slag any forum member off, I just think that Nigel is absoulutely useless,

Look at this season, we have had a lot of luck, take that luck away and we would be right back at the bottom end. I believe that Derby need investment to progress, but need a manager that could utilise the investment. This is not clough, he would just buy Burton Albion.

Get Curbishley in and give him some money.

In fact, get Curbishley in - without money he would organise and motivate this lot more than clough can.

We arent currently very good, and mid table will be where we will finish - Thats after our best start in 106 years.

Will it still be all rosy if we lose on Sunday?

Well I havent been banned yet.

And to be honest, why should I be banned? I dont swear or slag any forum member off, I just think that Nigel is absoulutely useless,

Look at this season, we have had a lot of luck, take that luck away and we would be right back at the bottom end. I believe that Derby need investment to progress, but need a manager that could utilise the investment. This is not clough, he would just buy Burton Albion.

Get Curbishley in and give him some money.

In fact, get Curbishley in - without money he would organise and motivate this lot more than clough can.

We arent currently very good, and mid table will be where we will finish - Thats after our best start in 106 years.

Will it still be all rosy if we lose on Sunday?

Do you know, i can take anyone bashing Clough ir backing him, but to say that Curbishley would be a good appointment!!!! My god!! I think that is about the funniest thing you have written on here.

Aye, they did but we haven't sold anyone for £10million but if we did, Id like to think we would be in the same boat although they do have powerfully rich owners on their side!

How much for Bennett? 7-8million 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

£7-8 mil....Ouch.

No offense to Mason as I think he could become a very good player, but it depends how daft the buying club are. Would you spend £7-8 mil on a 15 year old? I wouldn't, even if I had cash to burn like Man City.

The crazy asking prices for these teenagers is probably one factor in why the Prem teams have forced this EPPP plan through. So they can harvest the best young talent for little cost. Great for them, bad for us and our academy.

Archived