Another manager gone..

sideshowbob

£7-8 mil....Ouch.

No offense to Mason as I think he could become a very good player, but it depends how daft the buying club are. Would you spend £7-8 mil on a 15 year old? I wouldn't, even if I had cash to burn like Man City.

The crazy asking prices for these teenagers is probably one factor in why the Prem teams have forced this EPPP plan through. So they can harvest the best young talent for little cost. Great for them, bad for us and our academy.

We agreed with the EPPP also has its benefits for us, as it will become dog eat dog! our academy should remain pretty much untouched, maybe one or two will slip through but we've done that too forest with Huddlestone and Barnes and Birmingham have done it with us with Mutch, now it will just be on a grander scale!

Mason when all said and done is in the same bracket as Oxlade, a young young player who is extremely gifted years above his age and will improve to a level, us as a club can't even imagine! I read somewhere he is in the top 3 under 16s in the world, don't know how accurate that is but the most promising player we've probably ever had at the academy, also Will Hughes is extremely gifted apparently, but doesn't have the physical presence at the minute for the championship!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We agreed with the EPPP also has its benefits for us, as it will become dog eat dog! our academy should remain pretty much untouched, maybe one or two will slip through but we've done that too forest with Huddlestone and Barnes and Birmingham have done it with us with Mutch, now it will just be on a grander scale!

Mason when all said and done is in the same bracket as Oxlade, a young young player who is extremely gifted years above his age and will improve to a level, us as a club can't even imagine! I read somewhere he is in the top 3 under 16s in the world, don't know how accurate that is but the most promising player we've probably ever had at the academy, also Will Hughes is extremely gifted apparently, but doesn't have the physical presence at the minute for the championship!

Hughes has impressed me a lot-very high hopes for him (with the usual riders).

Well I havent been banned yet.

And to be honest, why should I be banned? I dont swear or slag any forum member off, I just think that Nigel is absoulutely useless,

Look at this season, we have had a lot of luck, take that luck away and we would be right back at the bottom end. I believe that Derby need investment to progress, but need a manager that could utilise the investment. This is not clough, he would just buy Burton Albion.

Get Curbishley in and give him some money.

In fact, get Curbishley in - without money he would organise and motivate this lot more than clough can.

We arent currently very good, and mid table will be where we will finish - Thats after our best start in 106 years.

Will it still be all rosy if we lose on Sunday?

Bet some 'so called rams fans' are hoping beyond hope that we do lose..

Gareth Bale - £5 million rising to £10 million

Kenwyne Jones - £6 million

Theo Walcott - £9.1 million

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - £12 million rising to £15 million

Andrew Surman - £1.2 million

Adam Lallana - worth a few £££

Shows what having a decent academy is worth

Nope, Kenwyne Jones is what happens if you occasionally take a chance on a foreign player with a ridiculously good record!

Was a cheap gamble for Southampton, but paid off... in a big way! 6million is a lot of money, especially 4-5 years ago...

Hopefully Conor Doyle can work out the same, he is making ridiculously leeway in training now from what I am hearing, shame every time he gets his chance he seems to be like a rabbit in a headlight!

Archived