Mildly Pleased

ElBeef

I used to be accused of being pro board (I probably still am) but is there any more you can to do to hijack anything I say and hold it against the current owners?! This has all stemmed from me saying about clubs in our division spending way beyond their means!

And it depends what level you are on abou? If you are on about the level where we were whipping boys in The Premier League being humiliated every week I don't believe you need much money to get to that level, just a good manager capable of grinding out results in this division and a bit of luck.

Do you want a handkerchief?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't answer whether that was the level that you was on about?

Yep,that was the one I was on about-you remember,the one in which our current incumbents spent a small fortune to achieve zero wins (obviously the next level).

Yep,that was the one I was on about-you remember,the one in which our current incumbents spent a small fortune to achieve zero wins (obviously the next level).

Yeah to be fair until they came in we were looking good to qualify for Europe. I can still remember the glory day of beating Newcastle at home. If only it were not for the Americans Europe could have been graced with them bargain buys such as Claude Davis, Rob Earnshaw and Kenny Miller.

I used to be accused of being pro board (I probably still am) but is there any more you can to do to hijack anything I say and hold it against the current owners?! This has all stemmed from me saying about clubs in our division spending way beyond their means!

And it depends what level you are on abou? If you are on about the level where we were whipping boys in The Premier League being humiliated every week I don't believe you need much money to get to that level, just a good manager capable of grinding out results in this division and a bit of luck.

I know you’re happier that we're playing in the second tier. You’ve said so before - but many people aren’t.

We're still underfunded with too thin a squad for any really serious attempt at the play offs. However, unlike you, I’d be happy enough with any 'relatively' cheap and sneaky promotion even it leads to a PL battering and inevitable relegation. Not because I’m a masochist but because we could then use the PL money to build a better squad for a subsequent attempt at promotion.

That strategy looks like the only way we might get the funds needed to ‘eventually’ become a stable PL club again, given that the present GSE/owner set up doesn’t apper to have any intention of providing the necessary funds themselves.

I know you’re happier that we're playing in the second tier. You’ve said so before - but many people aren’t.

We're still underfunded with too thin a squad for any really serious attempt at the play offs. However, unlike you, I’d be happy enough with any 'relatively' cheap and sneaky promotion even it leads to a PL battering and inevitable relegation. Not because I’m a masochist but because we could then use the PL money to build a better squad for a subsequent attempt at promotion.

That strategy looks like the only way we might get the funds needed to ‘eventually’ become a stable PL club again, given that the present GSE/owner set up doesn’t apper to have any intention of providing the necessary funds themselves.

I think these the days the second tier is the only place we will ever be truly competitive, the FFP might change this in future years but I think the big clubs will soon find a loophole for these rules.

I am by no means averse to us being promoted but I would rather do it with a team that is ready to compete, rather than getting promoted and having to buy a completely new team which would probably cost us millions in signing on fees and wages and possibly wipe out the financial gains of us getting there in the first place.

I think these the days the second tier is the only place we will ever be truly competitive, the FFP might change this in future years but I think the big clubs will soon find a loophole for these rules.

I am by no means averse to us being promoted but I would rather do it with a team that is ready to compete, rather than getting promoted and having to buy a completely new team which would probably cost us millions in signing on fees and wages and possibly wipe out the financial gains of us getting there in the first place.

Yes, who wouldn't prefer that? And what's required is that the GSE/owners (if they stick around following a sneaky promotion) will have learned enough not to make the same mistakes they did last time. The hope is that they’d use the PL money much more wisely to provide the manager with the funds necessary to build a squad that would finally be ready to stick around and compete in the PL the next time.

Yeah to be fair until they came in we were looking good to qualify for Europe. I can still remember the glory day of beating Newcastle at home. If only it were not for the Americans Europe could have been graced with them bargain buys such as Claude Davis, Rob Earnshaw and Kenny Miller.

Hmm,Earnshaw and Miller-sold to augment the great promotion push to be spearheaded by Sav,Tito,Sterjovski and Carroll.So at least we had the consolation that,although we had a bad Prem season,the riches it brought would fortify the squad and quickly have us back up again.

Oh dear,I've just remembered that you were the one who blamed it all on Jewell and thought our owners blameless.Only fair,I suppose,that you should blame the LOG for the quality of BD's signings.I wonder who'll be lavished with praise should we be promoted?

Hmm,Earnshaw and Miller-sold to augment the great promotion push to be spearheaded by Sav,Tito,Sterjovski and Carroll.So at least we had the consolation that,although we had a bad Prem season,the riches it brought would fortify the squad and quickly have us back up again.

Oh dear,I've just remembered that you were the one who blamed it all on Jewell and thought our owners blameless.Only fair,I suppose,that you should blame the LOG for the quality of BD's signings.I wonder who'll be lavished with praise should we be promoted?

So let me get your argument straight in my head - when the Americans threw money at our manager they were at fault, and now they won't throw money at our manager they are at fault. You praise LOG for taking us to some imaginary level of greatness which ended in us being relegated but attribute all of the blame to the Americans even though they were only in charge for half of the season. I'm still finding it hard to guess which camp you are in, come on tell us all!

So let me get your argument straight in my head - when the Americans threw money at our manager they were at fault, and now they won't throw money at our manager they are at fault. You praise LOG for taking us to some imaginary level of greatness which ended in us being relegated but attribute all of the blame to the Americans even though they were only in charge for half of the season. I'm still finding it hard to guess which camp you are in, come on tell us all!

I think you have summed up his stance to perfection. I don't get it either. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

I am thinking of starting another username just to give that an extra like! Not really Boycie 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I think you have summed up his stance to perfection. I don't get it either. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

I get it. Some people blame the LOG for Billy's signings getting us into financial trouble, yet Jewell is always the scapegoat when GSE decided to throw millions down the drain.

It's pretty simple really.

I'm not particularly anti GSE, nor pro, but they certainly added to the clubs financial problems when they first came in.

Everything isn't always black and white, and nobody's perfect, there was a level of shitness from all of them, you can't blame jewell without blaming gse, and you can't blame the poison dwarf without saying that the log werent strong enough with him.

Also it's not singularly nigels or gse's fault were still mid table in the ccc after 3 and 4 years in charge. Sometimes things get a bit polarised on here. Its possible to criticise a signing or policy without being a board/manager hater.

Everything isn't always black and white, and nobody's perfect, there was a level of shitness from all of them, you can't blame jewell without blaming gse, and you can't blame the poison dwarf without saying that the log werent strong enough with him.

Also it's not singularly nigels or gse's fault were still mid table in the ccc after 3 and 4 years in charge. Sometimes things get a bit polarised on here. Its possible to criticise a signing or policy without being a board/manager hater.

For once Curb me and you see eye to eye on something!

Firstly,let's turn to a matter of fact.Where have I said that the Americans are totally to blame for the Prem debacle? I've noticed that in the past you've been very good at skipping questions,so there's your first test.

You were the one that introduced "whipping boys" and "humiliation" into the argument,and I was merely pointing out that the situation didn't change one iota after the Americans came in and squandered a lot of money (nor did their lavish signings do much for us in the lower division).They took the 'credit' for this in their attempt to rebut Gadsby's 08 claims on investment,and this was later rubber stamped by AP saying that the whole thing was a mistake and that the owners "wanted to make an impact".Hope that's clear enough for you.

Where have I praised the LOG for taking us to "some imaginary level of greatness"?They appear to be your words only.Whilst everyone knows the season was awful,it did at least provide a financial windfall that should have been built on rather better.

It's a pity we don't have the money that was squandered in Jan 08 now.

My references to Earnshaw and Miller merely arose because you were making derogatory remarks about them.I was pointing out that,however bad they were,they had a reasonable resale value.

Firstly,let's turn to a matter of fact.Where have I said that the Americans are totally to blame for the Prem debacle? I've noticed that in the past you've been very good at skipping questions,so there's your first test.

You were the one that introduced "whipping boys" and "humiliation" into the argument,and I was merely pointing out that the situation didn't change one iota after the Americans came in and squandered a lot of money (nor did their lavish signings do much for us in the lower division).They took the 'credit' for this in their attempt to rebut Gadsby's 08 claims on investment,and this was later rubber stamped by AP saying that the whole thing was a mistake and that the owners "wanted to make an impact".Hope that's clear enough for you.

Where have I praised the LOG for taking us to "some imaginary level of greatness"?They appear to be your words only.Whilst everyone knows the season was awful,it did at least provide a financial windfall that should have been built on rather better.

It's a pity we don't have the money that was squandered in Jan 08 now.

My references to Earnshaw and Miller merely arose because you were making derogatory remarks about them.I was pointing out that,however bad they were,they had a reasonable resale value.

'Do you want a handkerchief'?

Ha ha,I see the significance of your "handkerchief" now.The reason I didn't answer this originally is that I thought it was so pathetic it didn't merit a reply.

As we're currently in the Championship,it should be pretty clear what the next level would be from the current position.

As for the "hijacking",emjl02 had already talked of our own position by considering what would happen if our owners sold out/put no more money in.You said that spending money you don't have applied to any situation,and not just football,so I was merely suggesting that we were spending money we didn't have,via the so called revolving loan.

On another thread I suggested that Higginbotham made Sunday's task harder (not that we shouldn't still win),yet you quoted my post and rambled on about how we should beat them/form etc.Should I have screamed "hijacking" then.

So there,I've answered my "handkerchief" post -nothing now to stop you replying properly to my own post.

Woahhh!! this thread is going around in circles...

Has anyone said they wouldn't like money to be spent, as long as it doesn't involve us hanging ourselves out to dry? No, because of course we would!

Is it going to happen under the current board? No, doesn't look like it will, does that mean we should protest the board out? No, because there is no available buyer.

There is no black or white answer, at the minute we have to stick with what we have and by no means the best and most exciting in the league but by no means the worst and least exciting in the league! The amount of teams in the lower regions who have just lost key players without them being replaced is sadly the state, we are in!

Archived