Your all time classic tracks

froggg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I've entered this topic in months, I see we've gone from Classic Tracks to 647 pages of any old song you can find on YouTube, jeez that woman in the mushy pea costume at the top of the page sounds like the average pissed up woman on karaoke down Cleethorpes on a Tuesday night shouting down the microphone. 

Here's my attempt to bring it back to the classics

37 minutes ago, David said:

that woman in the mushy pea costume at the top of the page sounds like the average pissed up woman on karaoke down Cleethorpes on a Tuesday night

Too young to recognise a punk classic, are we? Not sufficiently well versed in music history to be aware of Poly Styrene's contribution? Or just not rock n roll enough to enjoy a good, raunchy tune?

11 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Too young to recognise a punk classic, are we? Not sufficiently well versed in music history to be aware of Poly Styrene's contribution? Or just not rock n roll enough to enjoy a good, raunchy tune?

Not sure age has anything to do with it, shouting is shouting, punk is shouting. To me that's not music, if it was the missus and I would have a few albums out ourselves by now.

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Oh dear. 

Here's one for you then:

Whilst it's not my cup of tea, I can appreciate the singing ability and feel safe from feeling like I'm about to have a face full of gob spat at me when the chorus drops.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst it's not my cup of tea, I can appreciate the singing ability and feel safe from feeling like I'm about to have a face full of gob spat at me when the chorus drops.

Just go quietly David ,, you must know this emperor s new clothes routine by now?

You're definitely safe with a nice bit of crooning and a string section. No electric guitars, because they're a bit loud and just noise. Heavy handed drumming can damage your ears too.

As for the morality of these so called 'rock stars', it's all drugs and sex and throwing the telly out of the window. They're a terrible influence on the young and impressionable. 

Lambchop mention of crooners got me thinking

Do couples still have their song, as in, they're playing our song?  My parents song was Strangers In the Night, i guess because that's how my older sister came about. 

This is our song in this house.  We sing the part For I Don't Love You Anymore very loudly ?

We considered this one, but thought nah, not nasty enough

7 hours ago, ramit said:

Lambchop mention of crooners got me thinking

Do couples still have their song, as in, they're playing our song?  My parents song was Strangers In the Night, i guess because that's how my older sister came about. 

This is our song in this house.  We sing the part For I Don't Love You Anymore very loudly ?

We considered this one, but thought nah, not nasty enough

Strangers in the Night is fantastic.

This would be my nomination: Modern cover of a classic.

Archived