can derby keep good form going?

B4ev6is

I agree with Bris to an extent. In terms of watchable football then I still think Burley had the better team. We currently have a very solid looking team. We have a back 5 who are looking better each game and at the moment seem very solid. We have a midfield that works hard and can pass the ball, but that's also the problem. Ward aside, we have a midfield that is akin to having a midfield full of Scott Parkers, hard workers who can pass. But what good are Scott Parkers without the Bale's and Van Der Vaarts of the world? The same can be said visa versa as you need your Parkers. So what I'm saying is Green, Bailey and Bryson are good but we don't have the flair to take it that step further. Burley had that, we still need it.

(sorry for Spurs reference, my Mrs is a fan and I have to admit they're great to watch at the moment, I'd love Derby to play like that)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Cloughie is well aware of that, he has singled out Ward for his creativity and I hope that the putative loan of Noble with add more threat and creativity. Tyson's speed may be more of a threat than a creative option and Bennett may be a creative threat in years to come. For now I am delighted that the defensive base has been established (perhaps with more cover at full back still required) and now the creative bits are being sought after. All within the financial constraints and off-loading of previous regimes poor buys that Clough has had to work!

I think we need two of 3 new faces we need a play maker yes, but at the moment we are play good stuff at times, and with the like of callum ball on fire and theo banging the goals in right now, and with the sunderland we will be joining might give us more speed in the attack or outwide or we can do is keep winning everything will take care of the rest, but top of league we can still acieveh in which i see no reason why not.

I think we need two of 3 new faces we need a play maker yes, but at the moment we are play good stuff at times, and with the like of callum ball on fire and theo banging the goals in right now, and with the sunderland we will be joining might give us more speed in the attack or outwide or we can do is keep winning everything will take care of the rest, but top of league we can still acieveh in which i see no reason why not.

Agree that we need new faces and that there are many reasons to be positive, but can I ask you a question?

Do you think that if we went up as champions, runners up or through the playoffs that we'd stay in the premiership?

if the yanks go nigal right of funds and with the right type of players then yes i do with can stay in the premership, i also think that beating stoke city it will allow us all to see how far with have come in a short space of time, and might even let nigal get some players in before the window shuts again.

Agree that we need new faces and that there are many reasons to be positive, but can I ask you a question?

Do you think that if we went up as champions, runners up or through the playoffs that we'd stay in the premiership?

Shouldn't that question be we'd win the premership?

if the yanks go nigal right of funds and with the right type of players then yes i do with can stay in the premership, i also think that beating stoke city it will allow us all to see how far with have come in a short space of time, and might even let nigal get some players in before the window shuts again.

The Stoke game won't make a difference to what players the board allows him to bring in. Clough knows where he stands on transfers and we don't. He might have a couple of player lined up if Croft and Cywka go, who knows? Stoke won't change anything.

B4 will say we'll stay up. But to give my opinion, even though it wasn't asked for, ha, I'd ignore everything that happened last time we were in the prem because that is completely irrelevant. Yes we could stay up. Swansea, Norwich and QPR can, our last prem season was just a one-off.

B4 will say we'll stay up. But to give my opinion, even though it wasn't asked for, ha, I'd ignore everything that happened last time we were in the prem because that is completely irrelevant. Yes we could stay up. Swansea, Norwich and QPR can, our last prem season was just a one-off.

Thou wouldst dare give thy opinion in my court? Heresy to say the least.

I'm uncertain. I think our defence could stand the test, give or take Roberts, but that we need both more solidity and creativity in midfield.

I can't call it as I don't know how much money would be given to Nige to spend if, humungous IF, we went up.

Thou wouldst dare give thy opinion in my court? Heresy to say the least.

I'm uncertain. I think our defence could stand the test, give or take Roberts, but that we need both more solidity and creativity in midfield.

I can't call it as I don't know how much money would be given to Nige to spend if, humungous IF, we went up.

Yeah, huge if. But if Nige brings in a Bemba Ba type striker (Free). And a Charlie Adam Midfielder (£2m?). I believe in our squad that we could do it. I don't expect it to happen, but for the sake of the question I'd say yes. Also agree with your summary of the defence. Roberts had een great this season, but his years are numbered and the Prem might be a step too far. Otherwise yeah, they could probably hold their own.

i think it will as it will allow more funds as each round you go through give you some extra cash i think, if teams get through to the 5th round something like 1m to anyone kitty.

Bit optimistic,B4.We bagged £67,500 for getting through last round,and we'd get another £90,000 if we got through the next.On top of this we get 45% (after expenses taken from total) of gate receipts for both rounds + any tv money that comes our way.Getting through Stoke and drawing one of the big guns away would be interesting-plenty of scope for pressure in that scenario, as I think the window would still be open after 5th round draw.

Personally I think if we went up in the current state we would come straight back down. We would need to add a fair bit in midfield and up front.

That said it does make me laugh, we go from one extreme to another. Although anything is possible in this league I think a top 10 finish should be hoped for with improvement next season. If that happens then I'll happily eat my words re Nigel.

Archived