can derby keep good form going?

B4ev6is

Facts are, we lose to much.

With hindsight, we had injuries and a young squad.

Present day, no serious injuries or doubts. Good record since injured players have returned.

If we can turn those losses into draws and keep on winning games, we'll be there or there abouts.

Past few seasons, we've suffered way to many losses when we could have drawn the game. This 2nd half of the season, optimisticly so, I believe we CAN turn those losses into draws (maybe wins) and push on.

Wins against teams like Peterborough, Leicester, Ipswich, Palace, Brighton, Barnsley, Reading and Coventry rather than drawing and losing. Picking up the wins (or at the least, draws) against the teams we've already beaten.

It's definitely possible, writing it off is nonsense.

It's up to the players, hopefully Clough can keep them motivated.

The only downside is our squad size, fingers crossed they all stay fit. I reckon we're going to enjoy the 2nd half of the season be it in the play offs or just outside.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely, if we finish in the top 6, we are good enough for the top 6 and if we dont finish in the top 6, we aren't good enough for the top 6! I don't know how anyone can say on the whole which side is better than which side, funnily enough I only ever see Derby play regularly so don't think I could pass judgement on the other sides in the division and their top 6 credentials, what everyone is doing on this forum is 'guessing' because you can't even call it predicting as you only have a good idea (to some extent) about Derby!

Let's just take every game as it comes and we will finish where we deserve to finish, even if you think the team is top 6 or **** or whatever!

Surely, if we finish in the top 6, we are good enough for the top 6 and if we dont finish in the top 6, we aren't good enough for the top 6! I don't know how anyone can say on the whole which side is better than which side, funnily enough I only ever see Derby play regularly so don't think I could pass judgement on the other sides in the division and their top 6 credentials, what everyone is doing on this forum is 'guessing' because you can't even call it predicting as you only have a good idea (to some extent) about Derby!

Let's just take every game as it comes and we will finish where we deserve to finish, even if you think the team is top 6 or **** or whatever!

Wrong, sir! Wrong!

What I actually said was "at the end of the day, no - one knows what will happen" or words to that effect, so there!

Na na na na na 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Its a silly league to predict, just look at the form tables.

We are sixth in the table of games against the top half of the table, Southampton are top, but we are fifth in the table of games against teams in the top half away from home, and Southampton are fourteenth, they have not beaten a top half side away from home,

Going on that you could say that our overall performances are better than theirs.

[url=http://www.statto.com/football/teams/derby-county/1995-1996]http://www.statto.co...ounty/1995-1996

here we go a website for all the stattos like me. After 25 games:

we are 8 points behind where we were under Jim smith's Promotion campaign.

We are 7 points behind where we were under Billy Boy

We are only 3 points ahead of where we were last season.

2 points behind where we were when we finished 6th in 1994

2 points above where we were when we finished 9th in 1993

11 points ahead of where we were in 2009-2010

8 points ahead of where we were under Jewell

Plus we're 2 points behind where we were in 2004/05 when we finished 4th under Burley.

By the same token, Wigan are capable of winning the Premier League.

Doncaster are capable of winning this years Championship.

Basel are capable of winning the Champions League.

Macclesfield are capable of winning the FA Cup.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

So, let me ask you again and please answer my question this time. When have I said that my opinion (what I think) is fact because you clearly don't think I can distinguish between the two. Just because I have a strong opinion about the plight of DCFC that is based on fact doesn't mean that my opinion is fact.

You have said that any side in the division is capable of winning the league. Do you really think that? If that really is the case then I am clearly wasting my time replying to your mail as you clearly don't follow football. Heavily unfancied sides don't win the Championship. Yes, there are surprises and unfancied sides go up but the league winners are always the sides that are given a chance at the beginning of the season.

Since the Championship started in 2004, every side that has finished in the automatic places has been a fancied side. Those are the facts.

HAHA! You just don't get it do you?! Firstly I never mentioned the prem, your just trying to make my argument look petty.

But ok. I'm going to make this clear for you so that you understand. Now read carefully ok. IT IS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR ANY TEAM IN THE DIVISION TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. That is a fact!

Do you understand what I've been saying now? Or are you going to tell me that I'm trying to convince you that Doncaster or Coventry are going to run away with it? If Doncaster win every game from now until the end of the season, they can win it.

(And just to confirm, I haven't just said that it is in any way likely. Just physically possible.)

Now would you please explain HOW I sound "ridiculous"? I study maths and theoretical physics and believe me, what I'm saying is possible. If you don't (somehow) realise that, then I can't help you anymore than I've tried.

Back to your first question. Again which you got wrong. I simply stated that you come across as though you believe your opinion is the fact. You call people deluded for not agreeing with you. Whilst I use maths to prove what I'm saying is fact. You use history and previous experience. You tell me what happened in previous seasons (which is fact) and then go on to say its going to happen again. There fore using no facts to backup Derby finishing in the top 6 this season, only guess work based on previous seasons.

EXAMPLE:

Last 3 years in uni I have been expected to pass all of my exams, and I have. That is a FACT. Now according to you, this year, because I am expected to pass them, and I have met those expectations in the last 3 years, I will.

Now I agree, different circumstances. Buts its generally what your saying about the Championship.

I have not once stated where I believe any team will finish at the end of the season. From the beginning I have been trying to tell you that anything is mathematically possible.

HAHA! You just don't get it do you?! Firstly I never mentioned the prem, your just trying to make my argument look petty.

But ok. I'm going to make this clear for you so that you understand. Now read carefully ok. IT IS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR ANY TEAM IN THE DIVISION TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. That is a fact!

Do you understand what I've been saying now? Or are you going to tell me that I'm trying to convince you that Doncaster or Coventry are going to run away with it? If Doncaster win every game from now until the end of the season, they can win it.

(And just to confirm, I haven't just said that it is in any way likely. Just physically possible.)

Now would you please explain HOW I sound "ridiculous"? I study maths and theoretical physics and believe me, what I'm saying is possible. If you don't (somehow) realise that, then I can't help you anymore than I've tried.

Back to your first question. Again which you got wrong. I simply stated that you come across as though you believe your opinion is the fact. You call people deluded for not agreeing with you. Whilst I use maths to prove what I'm saying is fact. You use history and previous experience. You tell me what happened in previous seasons (which is fact) and then go on to say its going to happen again. There fore using no facts to backup Derby finishing in the top 6 this season, only guess work based on previous seasons.

EXAMPLE:

Last 3 years in uni I have been expected to pass all of my exams, and I have. That is a FACT. Now according to you, this year, because I am expected to pass them, and I have met those expectations in the last 3 years, I will.

Now I agree, different circumstances. Buts its generally what your saying about the Championship.

I have not once stated where I believe any team will finish at the end of the season. From the beginning I have been trying to tell you that anything is mathematically possible.

Anything is mathematically possible but to believe that DCFC can win the title is delusional. What I asked from you is to provide me with some evidence on what you back your opinion.

Why would any fans believe we can win the title when those same fans have been calling for Cloughs head saying we were in a relegation battle. They are utterly delusional and what I mean by that is they have unrealistic beliefs based on the evidence I have in front of me which is based on the facts.

Anything is mathematically possible but to believe that DCFC can win the title is delusional. What I asked from you is to provide me with some evidence on what you back your opinion.

Why would any fans believe we can win the title when those same fans have been calling for Cloughs head saying we were in a relegation battle. They are utterly delusional and what I mean by that is they have unrealistic beliefs based on the evidence I have in front of me which is based on the facts.

Okay yeah, the fans that called for Cloughs head and are now saying we can win the league, yeah, they're completely delusional, haha. And yeah, completely fickle. Thing is though mate, I haven't once stated where i think we're going to finish this season. So what evidence can I provide? I mean look at all my posts in this thread. Not once have I given my opinion of our final position. So we'll start afresh.

I believe Derby will finish 7-10th, give or take a couple of positions. My evidence? I don't need any, its opinion. But my reason? I've seen us play nearly every game. I haven't seen enough to say we'll finish in the top 6 because we're badly inconsistent. That said I don't believe that we'll finish in the bottom half. I've seen too many crap teams in this league for us to finish below them. So yeah 7-10th is what I expect, but if the team graft for the rest of the season and really give it a go we can finish top 6. But thats just not going to happen if the first half of the season is anything to go by.

As long as we are not battling relegation up to the next to last home like when Clough first came in 3 yrs ago and up to the end of April last year I don't care.

We have a young squad who are developing nicely. We have had injuries which showed the depth in squad is not there - which I suggest is needed for a sustained push on top 6 or top 2.

In my opinion promotion this season is too early but finishing in the top half of the table will be a good confidence booster for the youngsters.

They work harder and are more of a team than I have seen for a long time. Player makes a mistake on the pitch the players are there patting them on the head saying never mind instead of being shouting at or ignored.

The championship is a division which anything goes

Lets look at it who expected Blackpool to get in the PO and get promoted. Who expected Bristol City to end Southamptons unbeaten home record.

A couple of seasons ago who expected Derby to beat Newcastle 3-0 at home etc.

Florest two chances of promotion in last two season and this season struggling and in relegation battle (shame I Know lol)

Basically until it becomes mathematically impossible to achieve first, second, top 6, mid table or finishing in the bottom 3 and not able to get out, in this league no one knows what will happen.

That season we went up Sunderland were bottom of the league staring relegation to league 1 in the face then Keane came in and they put a run together and won the league.

That is the beauty of this league anything can happen and does happen. I am enjoying it at the moment as the team performances over xmas was enjoyable although nerve racking, bbut hey thats why I like watching it.

That is the beauty of this league anything can happen and does happen. I am enjoying it at the moment as the teams performances wins over xmas was enjoyable although our dire performances and the camping in our own half is nerve racking, bbut hey thats why I like watching it because I'd love nothing more than for us to break our own points tally of 11 in the PL playing like this.

Fixed that for you

yes i am glad he is staying and i think he might be able bag 10 to 15 goals before end of the seson and theo robson maybe able to get 15 to 20 if stays fit for rest of the season. and i know many of you don't believe we can win it but i do i have seen many derby sides come and go but i think we have right in strengh but the grit is there, and i think we can win the league.

yes i am glad he is staying and i think he might be able bag 10 to 15 goals before end of the seson and theo robson maybe able to get 15 to 20 if stays fit for rest of the season. and i know many of you don't believe we can win it but i do i have seen many derby sides come and go but i think we have right in strengh but the grit is there, and i think we can win the league.

B4 is this team better than George Burleys team? Is this team capable of winning 6 away games on the trot? Does the team have the ability to go away from home and win by 2 clear goals on more than 5 occasions?

George Burleys team were comfortably beating teams left right and centre and possessed real quality.. And they only finished 4th. What have you seen in this team to suggest that they're better than that? And better than that by about 10 points.

Archived