can derby keep good form going?

B4ev6is

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www.statto.com/football/teams/derby-county/1995-1996]http://www.statto.co...ounty/1995-1996

here we go a website for all the stattos like me. After 25 games:

we are 8 points behind where we were under Jim smith's Promotion campaign.

We are 7 points behind where we were under Billy Boy

We are only 3 points ahead of where we were last season.

2 points behind where we were when we finished 6th in 1994

2 points above where we were when we finished 9th in 1993

11 points ahead of where we were in 2009-2010

8 points ahead of where we were under Jewell

So it could be siad that January could well make or break the season in terms of top 6 finish. Do well and we could be on course. Feck it up and could still finish top of midtable. One thing I think though is we will avoid a full blown relegation scrap

I do think we have a better team that 06/07.

Although that's really, really not saying much.

For a team to finish that bad and fluke a season that well was a truely staggering achievment. In association football's history I doubt a team that poor has ever been rewarded so well on the pitch. I doubt football will see it again, either.

If that team can go up, we can do alright. The Championship's a different kettle of fish now, though - you have to have real quality to go up now. You can't bully your way out of the league.

We have very few players in the peak years of their careers. The best is yet to come. We'd do well to finish in the playoffs - it's possible, but unlikely. Mind, that sentence could be applied to half the league.

Whilst I think B4's ambition is a tad optimistic,logic dictates that we should have a chance of the play offs.If we can keep players fit,then our squad will be better than that we could avail of in the first half of the season.Logic would suggest that we should therefore perform better in the second half,which might be enough to get us into the play offs.Unfortunately,logic doesn't win football matches.

That's true Ramblur.

I just hope we don't pick up any more injuries anytime soon because if that happens it would get a bit tricky.

That's true Ramblur.

I just hope we don't pick up any more injuries anytime soon because if that happens it would get a bit tricky.

Just realised that I've been saying I don't think the current 'policy' can work,whilst effectively saying it could work! Better change to saying I don't think the current policy will work (though to be fair,the policy is supposed to deliver a Prem stickability team).

i know a lot of you think i am out of my mind but looking at southamption there losing mowmentium, and i believe so is west ham there not as good as people make out. and they all have to play each other, and i think we can rise to the top, we have came through the tough times in great shape and now i say bring them all on. and callum ball who is turning out to be a really gem i like to think i was first to spot on here. and I think he can help bang in a few more goal before the season ends, and theo on 8 goals there is no ending what he could be on by end of the season.

I don't think you're out of your mind B4, - a fan who strives to see the best in his team, yes. There's nowt wrong with that. And, you were spot on about Callum too. Good on ya!

I can't believe this ridiculous talk of the play offs or promotion.

Get real !!

We were lucky to beat West Ham. They had the better chances and could have easily come away with a win.

We really pushed our luck against Leeds and again, the result could have been very different.

Hull dominated the first half but again, we held out.

Thats's 9 points that could quite easily have been 0.

Yes, it's great to be in the top half but that is as good as it will get and the DCFC management knows this. Clough doesn't really think we are a play off contender side and neither does Glick.

The owners must be reading this laughing all the way to the bank. Shame they can't start selling next years season tickets now as there would be a queue.

A few weeks ago you lot were on here saying how rubbish we were and that we are in a relegation scrap. Doesn't take a deal to turn your shallow minds does it.

When you you get it into your heads that we are no better than a lower mid table side. We have a very average with 2 half decent centre halves. Any of our players will be the first to get the hell out of DCFC should a club with a modicum of ambition come in for them.

Name 6 teams that are better than us. Those you expect to finish in positions 1-6 in any order.

Get real !!

We were lucky to beat West Ham. They had the better chances and could have easily come away with a win.

We really pushed our luck against Leeds and again, the result could have been very different.

But We Did........................!

Name 6 teams that are better than us. Those you expect to finish in positions 1-6 in any order.

Southampton

West Ham

Cardiff

Middlesbrough

Reading

Hull

Blackpool

Leeds

Burnley

Leicester

Birmingham

There you go, that's 11.

I think we will finish 12th behind that lot.

That will be a good season with the players we have and an improvement on the previous years.

Southampton

West Ham

Cardiff

Middlesbrough

Reading

Hull

Blackpool

Leeds

Burnley

Leicester

Birmingham

There you go, that's 11.

I think we will finish 12th behind that lot.

That will be a good season with the players we have and an improvement on the previous years.

Can't agree with that, but thats why they call it opinion hey!

All of them!
Southampton West Ham Cardiff Middlesbrough Reading Hull Blackpool Leeds Burnley Leicester Birmingham There you go, that's 11. I think we will finish 12th behind that lot. That will be a good season with the players we have and an improvement on the previous years.

The problem is , as we are finding in the Premiership, is that any team on its day can beat the other ....This season is really one of topsy turvy results so, whilst i agree with you in part , there is alway the hope that lady luck is playing for us and we get the results , like we have in the last 3 league games.

Which sides are Derby better than?

No, jk. I'll go through the ones you mentioned. I would take away Reading, Leeds, Hull and Burnley. I think Chris Hughton is crap so I take away Birmingham. Not just that, they're not the same side they've been the last couple of seasons. Leicester are very inconsistent and lower in the table than us, but I can't say we're better then them. Blackpool, again very inconsistent, and we beat them earlier on in the season. I think Cardiff are crap, absolute tosh. The money they've spent and they've gone nowhere, and never will. So I rule them out too. So this is my line-up. I don't believe they will all finish in the top 6, but thats the Championship!

[size=3]Southampton[/size]

[size=3]West Ham[/size]

[size=3]Middlesbrough[/size]

[size=3]Blackpool [/size]

[size=3]Leicester [/size]

Get real !!

Thats's 9 points that could quite easily have been 0.

Yes, it's great to be in the top half but that is as good as it will get and the DCFC management knows this. Clough doesn't really think we are a play off contender side and neither does Glick.

The owners must be reading this laughing all the way to the bank. Shame they can't start selling next years season tickets now as there would be a queue.

A few weeks ago you lot were on here saying how rubbish we were and that we are in a relegation scrap. Doesn't take a deal to turn your shallow minds does it.

When you you get it into your heads that we are no better than a lower mid table side. We have a very average with 2 half decent centre halves. Any of our players will be the first to get the hell out of DCFC should a club with a modicum of ambition come in for them.

Why is it a problem for people to talk about the play-offs? Its not going to change your life what other people think about is it? So how about rather than argue with people telling them that you know for a fact that it is a completely impossible task for Derby County to finish 6th an a damn crap division, you view the facts. FACT is, we can finish in the top 6. FACT is, we can win the league. FACT is, we can win the cup. Oh, and FACT is, on current form, we ARE the best. So how about you change your tune and stop telling everyone that you opinion is fact, because it isn't.

Just to make this clear, I'm pointing out fact. My OPINION differs to this.

Why is it a problem for people to talk about the play-offs? Its not going to change your life what other people think about is it? So how about rather than argue with people telling them that you know for a fact that it is a completely impossible task for Derby County to finish 6th an a damn crap division, you view the facts. FACT is, we can finish in the top 6. FACT is, we can win the league. FACT is, we can win the cup. Oh, and FACT is, on current form, we ARE the best. So how about you change your tune and stop telling everyone that you opinion is fact, because it isn't.

Just to make this clear, I'm pointing out fact. My OPINION differs to this.

I don't have an issue with folks talking about the play offs. I just find it ridiculous that the entire season seems to about whether or not we have a team capable of a possible 6th place.

Try and quote me when I have said that my opinion is fact?

You are entitled to your opinion and if you think that we are in the top 6 best teams in the Championship, I would ask you on what you base that opinion.

What have we done that makes you think we are a top 6 side?

What results have we had that suggests we have a side that can finish in the top 6?

As I stated earlier, we have a very average side that when at it's best, can compete for a mid table place.

If we get any injuries, then we have a side that can compete with lower mid table sides.

If we get many injuries, then we are in a relegation battle.

The facts do actually back up my opinion. Which facts back up yours for a place in the top 6?

[size=4]

I don't have an issue with folks talking about the play offs. I just find it ridiculous that the entire season seems to about whether or not we have a team capable of a possible 6th place.

Try and quote me when I have said that my opinion is fact?

You are entitled to your opinion and if you think that we are in the top 6 best teams in the Championship, I would ask you on what you base that opinion.

What have we done that makes you think we are a top 6 side?

What results have we had that suggests we have a side that can finish in the top 6?

As I stated earlier, we have a very average side that when at it's best, can compete for a mid table place.

If we get any injuries, then we have a side that can compete with lower mid table sides.

If we get many injuries, then we are in a relegation battle.

The facts do actually back up my opinion. Which facts back up yours for a place in the top 6?

[/size]

[size=4]Haha, firstly [/size]you don't seem to understand what an opinion is. Opinion is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". So there, that last question answered.

[size=4]But secondly, and more importantly[/size] tell me where I said that it is of my opinion we are a top 6 side? Because I searched the entire thread for a mistake I made in saying that we are, but I can't find it. Honestly, if you can find a quote where I say that I believe we're a top 6 side then show me and I'll hold my hand up and conceive that I was wrong.

[size=4]But look, my opinion is my own, and nobody elses. You don't know what my opinion is, as I said at the end of my last post, and I quote, "Just to make this clear, I'm pointing out fact. My OPINION differs to this."[/size]

[size=4]All I did in my previous post was explain that nothing is impossible when it comes to winning the league. And I believed that you were somewhat enforcing your opinion as fact. Well maybe not enforcing it, but didn't you say people were deluded to think we could finish in the top 6? You get my drift? So my point is simple. Derby County Football Club are (like any other club in the division) capable of winning the league. So stop telling people its not true![/size]

[size=4]Haha, firstly [/size]you don't seem to understand what an opinion is. Opinion is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". So there, that last question answered.

[size=4]But secondly, and more importantly[/size] tell me where I said that it is of my opinion we are a top 6 side? Because I searched the entire thread for a mistake I made in saying that we are, but I can't find it. Honestly, if you can find a quote where I say that I believe we're a top 6 side then show me and I'll hold my hand up and conceive that I was wrong.

[size=4]But look, my opinion is my own, and nobody elses. You don't know what my opinion is, as I said at the end of my last post, and I quote, "Just to make this clear, I'm pointing out fact. My OPINION differs to this."[/size]

[size=4]All I did in my previous post was explain that nothing is impossible when it comes to winning the league. And I believed that you were somewhat enforcing your opinion as fact. Well maybe not enforcing it, but didn't you say people were deluded to think we could finish in the top 6? You get my drift? So my point is simple. Derby County Football Club are (like any other club in the division) capable of winning the league. So stop telling people its not true![/size]

By the same token, Wigan are capable of winning the Premier League.

Doncaster are capable of winning this years Championship.

Basel are capable of winning the Champions League.

Macclesfield are capable of winning the FA Cup.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

So, let me ask you again and please answer my question this time. When have I said that my opinion (what I think) is fact because you clearly don't think I can distinguish between the two. Just because I have a strong opinion about the plight of DCFC that is based on fact doesn't mean that my opinion is fact.

You have said that any side in the division is capable of winning the league. Do you really think that? If that really is the case then I am clearly wasting my time replying to your mail as you clearly don't follow football. Heavily unfancied sides don't win the Championship. Yes, there are surprises and unfancied sides go up but the league winners are always the sides that are given a chance at the beginning of the season.

Since the Championship started in 2004, every side that has finished in the automatic places has been a fancied side. Those are the facts.

Archived