can derby keep good form going?

B4ev6is

I think derby can win there next four games and go top of the league, but still a tall order through but i think winning leeds, west ham, and hull city was a really turning point in our season, and great thing is if we win against coverty i think west ham and southamption will start to panic. I think if derby do go on top of the league i think we might be able to stay there, but now we Have stoke city in the next round of the FA cup and if we can beat them they will singal how far we have come as a team, in a really short space of time, and it would certiney get people talking that for sure. what i would like to happen is this we beat the scum and take over southampton at the top and going running away with it for rest of the season.

anyways back to stoke city next round of the Fa cup, this is what i would do, i would start with callum ball from the start and use masion bennet and ask him to take on royal delap, use his pace against him and make it really hard to use those long throw ins. and use jamie ward as a free role letting drift around a free man letting make this happen. i would then do this if paul green is still around by then i would put him with jeff hendrik or byson partner him in the middle and use james bailey on the wing. and keep the same back four.

and try and keep the same team for this saturday.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think derby can win there next four games and go top of the league, but still a tall order through but i think winning leeds, west ham, and hull city was a really turning point in our season, and great thing is if we win against coverty i think west ham and southamption will start to panic. I think if derby do go on top of the league i think we might be able to stay there, but now we Have stoke city in the next round of the FA cup and if we can beat them they will singal how far we have come as a team, in a really short space of time, and it would certiney get people talking that for sure. what i would like to happen is this we beat the scum and take over southampton at the top and going running away with it for rest of the season.

anyways back to stoke city next round of the Fa cup, this is what i would do, i would start with callum ball from the start and use masion bennet and ask him to take on royal delap, use his pace against him and make it really hard to use those long throw ins. and use jamie ward as a free role letting drift around a free man letting make this happen. i would then do this if paul green is still around by then i would put him with jeff hendrik or byson partner him in the middle and use james bailey on the wing. and keep the same back four.

and try and keep the same team for this saturday.

I think you're looking too high, there's no chance of us getting on top of the league.

Also, if we played Bennett against Stoke, I reckon their "physical football" might be directed forcefully at him, wouldn't be an easy game for a relatively short 15 year old.

But I agree, that I think it's a winnable game.

that okay mate

well if you look at our points tally if we beat coverty we shall be on 41 points there on 45 or 47 points and looking i think derby can get a win as burnly and a maybe a draw at barnslay and a win against the scum. that will take us to 48 points. just enough to take us top mate, and southamption still have play top side around them.

I like your strategical thinking B4, although I think it's a bit to much for the likes of Mason Bennet to take on at the moment. He needs a bit more experience yet, but it can't be denied he's got a lot of potential.

Tyson might be back playing more often by then, his speed is probably more lethal. Here's hoping he stays fit for a bit!

I love your positivity B4- have you considered applying to be the new Rammie? God knows we need one! Looking at the side we have now, there may be a chance of an outside playoff place but I doubt it. I have seen promotion teams before and this does not look like one, we are too inconsistent and win by very narrow margins- we have been lucky in closing out quite a few of the recent victories with the opposition missing good chances and desperate defending.

I hope we can keep going and give us some confidence to go into next season. If we do get promoted over the coming seasons though we will need to completely overhaul the team as the current one will not be anywhere near good enough to compete unfortunately.

To beat stoke we need to go toe to toe with them and stand up for ourselves, unfortunately that could take a lot out of the team for the league games afterwards...especially one very important one.

I think we have a fighting chance of getting to the top, or a play off place at least. Why not?

One things for sure though - and I know a wins a win - but the quality has got to be better than it was against Palace because that wasn't good. It was surprising really, given how we played over the previous 3 matches.

Keep going lads, play to your best ability, take each match by the scruff of the neck and go for the jugular. Onwards and upwards 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

If I was to predict the next six games I would say 3 wins 2 draws and a loss giving us a total of 14 points.

But I never do that so Im not going to start now. I do predict though that we will be top six at the end of the season, and I have thought that since august.

I think we have an outside shot at the top six although Boro, Reading, Blackpool, Leeds and Hull will be more highly favoured. I think a win vs Coventry is almost essential, Burnley isn't the easiest place to play but we better beat Barnsley because I'm going up and don't usually go to midweek away games. 7 out of 9 points would be terrific.

I think we need to dip in form purposly to stop the fans from calling for promotion..

Just wish we could have a good run without fans getting carried away. We are definatley not a Premiership team yet, however if we finish highly in the league this season then I can see us becoming a more attractive club for players to come to and can see us pushing for promotion in later years.

I think we need to dip in form purposly to stop the fans from calling for promotion..

Just wish we could have a good run without fans getting carried away. We are definatley not a Premiership team yet, however if we finish highly in the league this season then I can see us becoming a more attractive club for players to come to and can see us pushing for promotion in later years.

I agree with you on this. I personally do not want promotion this year or a chance of promotion personally. Yes the squad has improved from the last few seasons and they are learning, however it is a very young inexperienced squad in places most having at most a season experience at this level, Fielding, Brayford, Bryson, Hendrick, OB, Ball, Bennett, Theo (didn't play at Millwall when signed), Ben Davies, Bailey:- 10 players I can think off.

We have also been in relegation battles at times. This season is too early, Clough has stated that he had not got all the targets he wanted to improve the side. Think he admitted after West Ham game on radio when asked about top 6 that was based on him getting all the targets however he did not get them so will see how it goes.

I would me more than happy by end of February thinking to myseld well we are safe this year lets see where we finish. I would like a top 10 season and would be happier finishing in 7th-1oth place. This is good base for next season and makes us more attractive for prospective players in the summer.

Thats my opinion

didn't even need to read the thread to realise it was a B4 special. (not from the chinese either) B4, mate seriously.. You may have dyslexia but are you blind too?! Anybody can see teams such as Southampton, West Ham, Leicester, Middlesboro all have better squads than our's and have the ability to spend more than us too, we are by no means the worst team in the division by a long shot, neither are we near the best! We might sneak the play offs, top half of the table and everybody bar yourself shall be happy with the season and what it will develop for next season, but no way will we win it.. Please please please please calm yourself down on what you think will happen with us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> somebody get him the opposite of an ecstacy pill to calm his mind!

well the last time we were promoted we won by a narrow margin many times

we won 1 nil on 13 occasions

i do agree that play offs at best is our only hope - but we have all seen how tight this division is.

A year or two ago i analysed derbys starts and how they finished for a gcse project 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

it seems if we start well we finish badly and if we start badly we finished up top 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

according to that we're set for a disappointing finish 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

for example in the season we went up, we got like 5 points from our first 10 games 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived