Gareth Roberts

ramLAD

Well somebody is to blame for 14 games without a clean sheet! Don't really remember many goals coming from mistakes by full backs so that puts centre backs and goalkeeper in the frame and in my opinion both have cost us a fair few goals this season.

How dare you refuse my offer of friendship.

Barker and Shackell are a "shocking bad" disgrace to football and Roberts is an orgasmic blend of firmness and fiery attacking flair. Is this your point?

Because, given I've agreed that there is a reason for conceding in 14 games in a row, I fail to see what you're saying. Other than the fact that, yeah, our fullbacks have been the pure epitome of perfection this year.

Please enlighten me...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare you refuse my offer of friendship.

Barker and Shackell are a "shocking bad" disgrace to football and Roberts is an orgasmic blend of firmness and fiery attacking flair. Is this your point?

Because, given I've agreed that there is a reason for conceding in 14 games in a row, I fail to see what you're saying. Other than the fact that, yeah, our fullbacks have been the pure epitome of perfection this year.

Please enlighten me...

Just think our fans are quick to praise other defenders (the way you talk about Shackell being a perfect example) despite the fact we had such a bad run, and very quick to call a player who I think has probably been our most consistent defender over the season.

Football is a game of opinions though.

Just think our fans are quick to praise other defenders (the way you talk about Shackell being a perfect example) despite the fact we had such a bad run, and very quick to call a player who I think has probably been our most consistent defender over the season.

Football is a game of opinions though.

Yeah, we're all prepared to praise "other defenders". Shackell, IN MY OPINION, is a very good player.

In addition, I THINK THAT GARETH ROBERTS HAS PLAYED QUITE WELL THIS SEASON.

Anything left to make an ill-informed point about?

Dean Moxey was better than Gareth Roberts though. IMO

Disagree... Moxey was a poor full back, not the worst player just seemed erratic!

Having an erratic defender is like having an epileptic bus driver.. Roberts plays as a unit, his experience makes us a much more solid unit, he doesn't going forward a lot but when you've got ward infront of you, you don't need too, as well as Bray on the other side, offers good balance.

Yeah, we're all prepared to praise "other defenders". Shackell, IN MY OPINION, is a very good player.

In addition, I THINK THAT GARETH ROBERTS HAS PLAYED QUITE WELL THIS SEASON.

Anything left to make an ill-informed point about?

Yawn. You are boring me now.

I bow to your superior knowledege.

You are right, I am wrong.

Happy?

I went to Hull and to be fair to him, he was steady again.

I have no problem with wherever our players come from, lower league or not. In this case Roberts had done a job for Donny for years I believe and I was hopefull for an experienced, 7/10 performer week in week out.

We have not had that from him. For maybe 10 games this year he has been 'steady'. Other than that, he is not good enough. Everything is at full stretch. His endeavour is testament to his attitude but at 34, I don't see why we would keep him? Those niggly little injuries will not become more infrequent as he gets older.

Also... how much of his good form can you actually put down to Jamie Ward tracking back?

I would have kept Moxey to be our 'one for the future' but I am not the manager so I guess it doesn't matter!

Roberts and Ward have done a decent job defensively and have a good understanding. Playing Ball + AN Other up front gives us an outlet when Ward has come back to provide additional defensive cover.

I thought Roberts was excellent against Pompey, Leeds and West Ham. He was the one putting in the challenges to win the ball back time and time again.

Archived