Gibson

Buxtonram

Let's be realistic, what did Gibson expect Glick to say " yes we've got a sack of money in reserve, but don't tell the other clubs or they might hold us to ransom"

It was a waste of time, except for finding out who may be leaving, which we knew anyway. The maguire bit was embarrassing, what was he supposed to say? That the investors had lost confedence in cloughs scouting network?

i didnt hear it and presume its not on line - what was the macguire bit?!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County must be the only club in the world whose fans analyse the local radio presenter's peformance as enthusiastically as the club's players.

Or the stadium announcer. Or the guy who chooses the goal music, etc.

Or the stadium announcer. Or the guy who chooses the goal music, etc.

Omg who chooses the music? Feckin Timmy Mallett? The PA system is a bag of ***** too, when do we get a big telly on the wall like other big clubs like Hull and Brighton?

Haven't really listened to RD for match commentary for years.

Wasn't a massive fan of RF, but Bloomfield's terrible. He seems like a genuine and decent fella, but commentary clearly isn't his thing. Can we not find someone else to do it?

Sat in the car on the way back from the West Ham game they played the goal clips from the game. He has a severe lack of charisma problem. The goals were descibed in what I can only call 'robot' fashion.

Can anyone summerise the basics as I too missed it and I am also intrigiued by the 'Macguire' bit

The macguire bit was as you would expect - nigel and his staff think that he's not training well enough but he's a talented player who will feature in the future.

Colin Gibson is a legend. Like having someone who cares and is passionate do the show.

I do get a bit annoyed though when I'm back in the car just after the match that all I can hear is a) traffic reports, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> match highlights, c) traffic reports, d) adverts for other shows, e) traffic reports.

Gibson is a genuine Derby fan, has been around the club a long time and knows what he's talking about. Bloomfield supports Shrewsbury and doesn't have much ability as a broadcaster. We deserve someone better at least to do the commentary.

Omg who chooses the music? Feckin Timmy Mallett? The PA system is a bag of ***** too, when do we get a big telly on the wall like other big clubs like Hull and Brighton?

He needs to sort his mic out, he sounds like Norman Collier

Archived