Gibson

Buxtonram

Did anybody hear the interview between Colin Gibson and Tom Glick on Radio Derby today.

What struck me was Gibson, who used to pride himself on not being frightened of upsetting anybody at Derby in his questioning, asking questions that in reality everybody already knew the answers to.

This leads me to one of 2 conclusions.

a. Gibson is not doing his job properly in asking questions that need answering mainly the future of Brayford and Ward and if sold would Nigel get some money.

b. To get an interview the questions are known and approved by Glick and so the slick politician style answers or non-answers are easy to give.

All reading will draw their own conclusions but if as I suspect b. is not far off the mark it is a really sad state of affairs for the fans.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be realistic, what did Gibson expect Glick to say " yes we've got a sack of money in reserve, but don't tell the other clubs or they might hold us to ransom"

It was a waste of time, except for finding out who may be leaving, which we knew anyway. The maguire bit was embarrassing, what was he supposed to say? That the investors had lost confedence in cloughs scouting network?

Did anybody hear the interview between Colin Gibson and Tom Glick on Radio Derby today.

What struck me was Gibson, who used to pride himself on not being frightened of upsetting anybody at Derby in his questioning, asking questions that in reality everybody already knew the answers to.

This leads me to one of 2 conclusions.

a. Gibson is not doing his job properly in asking questions that need answering mainly the future of Brayford and Ward and if sold would Nigel get some money.

b. To get an interview the questions are known and approved by Glick and so the slick politician style answers or non-answers are easy to give.

All reading will draw their own conclusions but if as I suspect b. is not far off the mark it is a really sad state of affairs for the fans.

yes and then he asked clough the same questions after the match.

same answers.

What questions would of you liked him to ask?

I would have liked him to ask about what is the policy if big bids come in for our players. Also if they are will it drag right to the end of the window like last year with Commons. This accidentaly/deliberately allows no time for spending on replacements. He wouldn't rightly have got direct answers but it is fair to ask.

My view of the bid for the Wigan striker last year is it was a red herring to appease the fans, as Nigel seemed less than keen in interview.

Others may have wanted different ones answering but it struck me how easily he side-stepped the questions. To me he either knew what they were going to be or he is an the same class as Tony Blair or David Cameron in media interview skills because he sounded very good.

New year, new moan. No leaves being turned over on this board then.

Not a moan just a legitimate question. I thought forums like this were to encourage fans to discuss and debate.

Some fans are bound to have concerns, it's not as if we have not been misled plenty of times before. At least forums like this let them know that we are aware of the way they might do things.

Archived