Derby County v West Ham United

GboroRam

Sam Allardyce is preparing for the News Year's Day clash with Derby at Pride Park with as few as ELEVEN first team regulars available for selection.

With four first team players due to miss the game through suspension and a further nine either injured or out on loan, Allardyce will be forced to look to his youth team in order to provide a seventeen-man squad for the game.

However it is in defence that his biggest problems lie, with just Joey O'Brien and James Tomkins available for selection from the regular first team squad.

That means young Danny Potts, who made his first team debut against Barnsley just a fortnight ago will almost certainly extend his recent run in the first team, with Henri Lansbury likely to drop in at right back and O'Brien moved to the centre.

Possible starting XI: Green; Lansbury, O'Brien, Tomkins, Potts; Diop, Noble, Sears; Cole, Carew, Piquionne.

Missing in action: who's out and why

Suspended: Kevin Nolan, Jack Collison, George McCartney, Julien Faubert.

Injured: Sam Baldock, Matt Taylor, Guy Demel, Winston Reid, Abdoulaye Faye.

[url=http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125883]http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125883

After reading this i expect us to win at least 5-0.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't have a better time for playing WHU all season.. They're really down on their knees regarding selection.. It could actually mess up their season as both Southampton and Boro look a good bet for the top 2.

I'd actually be disappointed if we don't get at least a point from the game, their possible selection looks average at best

Sam Allardyce is preparing for the News Year's Day clash with Derby at Pride Park with as few as ELEVEN first team regulars available for selection.

With four first team players due to miss the game through suspension and a further nine either injured or out on loan, Allardyce will be forced to look to his youth team in order to provide a seventeen-man squad for the game.

However it is in defence that his biggest problems lie, with just Joey O'Brien and James Tomkins available for selection from the regular first team squad.

That means young Danny Potts, who made his first team debut against Barnsley just a fortnight ago will almost certainly extend his recent run in the first team, with Henri Lansbury likely to drop in at right back and O'Brien moved to the centre.

Possible starting XI: Green; Lansbury, O'Brien, Tomkins, Potts; Diop, Noble, Sears; Cole, Carew, Piquionne.

Missing in action: who's out and why

Suspended: Kevin Nolan, Jack Collison, George McCartney, Julien Faubert.

Injured: Sam Baldock, Matt Taylor, Guy Demel, Winston Reid, Abdoulaye Faye.

[url=http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125883]http://www.kumb.com/...y.php?id=125883

After reading this i expect us to win at least 5-0.

Sounds nearly as bad as some of injury spells we have had. No slack given to Nigel no slack to them. Bring it on!

Thats a weak defence, we know tomkins is class, but o'brien is a donkey, Potts has only just encountered puberty and Lansbury is an attacking midfielder who has hardly been playing himself. There aren't going to be any defences worse than that which we will face this season imo.

Well I am feeling really optomistic about this game, so I will go for...

0-2 to the hammers.

If we can compete in that key central-midfield area we can get at least a point. Noble is a good player we need to get a grip on him, if we can get enough of the ball we should cause them some problems.

DCFC started for me after this game:

Don't get me wrong i have seen enough talent and quality during my time supporting Derby.

But it's not about current crop of average at best players.

Could i ask just why should i enjoy this boring stuff? It's too late to support any other team though.

How fun were those days!! Pp had bounce atmosphere and belief!!

Archived