Derby County v West Ham United

GboroRam

This week has seen the two of the three sweetest wins so far this season. I never thought we'd get anything from December let alone get two wins against decent teams.

West Ham were weakened yes, but I have no sympathy. The yellow cards they got today were because of acting like spoilt kids, there's clearly a lack of discipline resulting in their silly list of suspensions.

But for us Callum Ball was quality. Contender for goal of the season (for us). He did the hard work as well, stuff like holding the ball up. He's like a younger Steve Howard. It's unusual up-and-coming players with this style are rare nowadays. B4 is going to be smug now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The first thirty minutes were quality but the rest gritty. It's good to see we were capable of both today.

One thing's for certain: I'm getting a bit drunk tonight.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fantastic result today boys and a great team performance yet again. defence looked solid, bryson gave his all and ball up front was top class. had a 19 year old lad called callum ball scored that goal for man utd after coming through their academy, we'd never hear the end of it.

Fielding - 7.5 some good saves and stops from a couple of moments of lack of concentration from the defence at set plays.

Brayford- 7 good forward play, but not enough for me. Maybe shouldn't complain as he was looking for a counter from them.

Barker- 8 towering headers, no nonsense.

Shackle 8 as above

ROBERTS - 8.5 what a performance from the un sung hero of the team today.

Bryson- 7 steady game, ran his socks off.

Bailey - 8 some excellent passes to the front men

Ward- 7 good effort, I think he was trying to hard to get on the score sheet himself, maybe a little greedy at the end with better options.

BALL 8.5 totally dead on his feet about 10 mins before he was subbed, brilliant goal, nearly forced his way through to score a second. Steve Howard eat your heart out.

Tyson, 7 some neat touches and tricks around their peno area, good effort, hope he's not injured.

Green 7.5 obviously looking to impress his January suitors no doubt, great goal great effort, I'll miss him when he plays like this.

Theo, 7 ran around, don't remember a really stand out bad touch, hurried there defence. Should of been allowed to carry on after the ref blew for a foul for us, he was one on one.

Davies 5 can't remember him doing anything when he came on.

Buxton 5 where did he go? Saw him come on, never saw him again, but I was shouting at the ref to blow his whistle

Ref 7. Good ref really, should have let us play on with Theo, shut the moaning west ham players up with some yellows.

Clough 8. Good tactics today.

Crowd 8.5. Silenced the away end for long periods, did go quiet at times, but over all, good atmosphere. The Shaurn Barker chant sounded great.

Archived