Favourite comedian

-JW-

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jimmy carr, chris rock, bill hicks (legend) and frankie boyle are or were in the case of bill hicks very funny people. Frankie Boyle isn't as good as he was though.

No way you like Chris Rock!!??

Always telling 'black' jokes. Zzzz

And the swearing is unnecessary. Agression isn't funny.

chris rock has very funny material, he isn't always telling black jokes and I do like what he has to offer, most comedians swear now and it isn't something i am adverse too.

Do you not find comedians who swear too frequently ruin their own jokes?

Chubby Brown was the same, people loved him but I found that his OTT swearing made me feel less in the mood for a laugh.

I've not seen a whole lot of Chris Rock but it was mostly black jokes. It was an old performance though tbf.

I just don't like when an Asian or whatever just starts making racial jokes. I'm not offended like, I just find it really boring. Theirs an Asian woman that always does it all the time.

Black people steal

Asians are suicide bombers

Australians are drunks

Just heard them all before. You can make your own jokes it's that easy to use stereotypes as material.

But anyway, each to their own. Listen to me trying to tell you what comedy is good!! Lol sorry matey!

it's ok 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> he doesn't swear too frequently, I have never seen roy chubby brown but have heard similar criticisms. I watch youtube stuff of him and find it very funny, like you say everyone has a different sense of humour and will find different things funny.

i used to like chubby but that was years ago.I once saw Bernard Manning.Very clever bloke.a great act although not very pc.20 years ago though .

pc has took over but i now like the people who make me laugh without too much swearing.Tim Vine,Milton Jones,Michael Mcintyre etc.

DVD wise,I would like to see Angelos Epithimous.looks good.I will of course borrow it

He's brilliant, loved him in shooting stars.

For me top 5 are....

1. Billy Connelly.

2. Chubbs (iv'e actually met him..great guy though not very pc lol)

3. Peter Kay

4. Ricky Gervais

5. Lee evans.

I'm also partial to a bit of Jethro now and again.

I think too much limelight for comedians unless you're something special is dangerous... some of the best comedy sketches I have seen are from lesser names in the industry however they say the same jokes time and time again, and that's why they can never be classed as a great, some that come to mind...

Rhod Gilbert - Suitcase joke

Tom Stade - Meat out of a van joke.

Micky Flanagan - Out Out Joke.

Kevin Bridges - Stabbed for a pound joke... the way he tells jokes are brilliant!

Peter Kay, Ricky Gervais and Lee Evans have been funny in a different range of comedies and consistent over a period of years, hard to overlook that, also Russell Howard is undoubted one of my favourites, but think he struggled to keep up with fresh humour week on week, but must say this series of good news is top, has me in stitches!

ianm? Some of the things he comes out with just make you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Tim Vine

That canadian guy

Sean Lock

Lee Mack, sometimes

Michael McIntyre

Tim Vine again

Anyone who's not John Bishop

Anyone who's not Frankie Boyle

Anyone else or anything Daveo likes. We don't agree on comedy.

Any comedian who can make me laugh without saying "f*ck". We get it, you're really out there with your use of swearing, but can you tell a joke now please?

Archived