This is Rubbish

rammieib

I think you'll find we were pretty much playing Palace's reserve side rather than the team that beat Man Utd. Still, a points a point away from home. Lets hope we can play like we did second half for a whole 90 minutes next time.

Not really, I think you will find that everyone has assumed that the team that Palace put out against Man United was there first team. 7 of the starting team against us started their last league game, 2 were on the bench and the other 2 injured, so I would hardly call it their reserve team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, I think you will find that everyone has assumed that the team that Palace put out against Man United was there first team. 7 of the starting team against us started their last league game, 2 were on the bench and the other 2 injured, so I would hardly call it their reserve team.

Oh dear....I think you've misunderstood the point of football forums......we're here to pick fault with every player, tactic, substitution, training routine, coaching, physio, scouting and press conference.

Your outdated comments concerning reality are not welcome......ban him Boycie....

Oh dear....I think you've misunderstood the point of football forums......we're here to pick fault with every player, tactic, substitution, training routine, coaching, physio, scouting and press conference.

Your outdated comments concerning reality are not welcome......ban him Boycie....

I don't mind people having opinions (even if they are very negative), they pay their money so are entitled to their opinion. I just wish that when they are posting things which are negative that they are based around fact rather than just things made up off the top of their head.

I don't mind people having opinions (even if they are very negative), they pay their money so are entitled to their opinion. I just wish that when they are posting things which are negative that they are based around fact rather than just things made up off the top of their head.

You learn not to take anything too seriously on forums.

'cept my poetry of course....I'll not tolerate any negativity on that front...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

It's the same old same old! In other words when the team are struggling all the usual suspects are full of doom and gloom and down right mind numbing negitivity. When the team are doing well 90% of 'em go quiet. Personally I can't be bothered listening to them anymore. I think Nigel Clough will bring success. I think GSE are running the club with an eye on the new financial era whilst funding losses each year.I think Tom Glick is about the best marketing/communicating/fan friendly chief exec we have had. We have a good, sound club with massive potential.

Up the Rams.....................Bring on Bristol City

It's the same old same old! In other words when the team are struggling all the usual suspects are full of doom and gloom and down right mind numbing negitivity. When the team are doing well 90% of 'em go quiet. Personally I can't be bothered listening to them anymore. I think Nigel Clough will bring success. I think GSE are running the club with an eye on the new financial era whilst funding losses each year.I think Tom Glick is about the best marketing/communicating/fan friendly chief exec we have had. We have a good, sound club with massive potential.

Up the Rams.....................Bring on Bristol City

Hi Tom did you have a nice weekend?

It is the same old. I've been off this site now for about 6 months due to work, baby and house commitments. Came back on to have a look whilst watching the Palace game and nothing has changed. Any of these posts I could pick out and place them in the forum this time last year and they wouldn't look out of place. We start off well, drop like a stone, have injuries in double figures and I'm just waiting for a Nigel outburst to complete the pattern.

I don't think we're hoofball this season. From the games I've seen we have tried to play and keep the ball a fair bit, but we lack creativity and we also lack a confidence figure in there. We knock it about in the middle easily enough but we can't pick out a killer pass, we look nervous when we get to their box, we have little pace in midfield that can run at people, apart from Ward, and the back 4 look scared every time the opposition attack.

But the argument of investment vs management will never be settled, bar some Leicester style investment, so we carry on again for another year. The same as last season, and probably the same as next season and whilst that happens fans will be divided between "we've had no money, no other manager could do better in these conditions" vs "someone could do better in the same situation". I don't think anyone should be mocked or criticised for which side of the fence they sit on. Personally I think Nigel might do very well with more money, so he can get players in who have the personality that he accepts, who respond to his style, I also think that other managers could probably get more from our current playing staff. Not sure which camp that puts me in. I personally just think something needs to change, which one that is I don't care but I don't want to be on here next year experiencing the same for another season and reading the same stuff again.

'cept my poetry of course....I'll not tolerate any negativity on that front.

any christmas poems yet uttox??

no mate - bit short of inspiration this year so far.....although I did hear this being sung in Nottingham slab square on Saturday at the christmas market...

Christmas is coming

The moose is getting fat

please put a penny

in Cotteril's hat.....

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Oh dear....I think you've misunderstood the point of football forums......we're here to pick fault with every player, tactic, substitution, training routine, coaching, physio, scouting and press conference. Your outdated comments concerning reality are not welcome......ban him Boycie....
I prostrate myself before you for getting my facts wrong - I only repeated what was being said on Sky Sports at the time. I'm sorry for not buying the accepted wisdom that Clough is a genius and for irritating those of you who believe in him. I don't pick fault with Clough for everything he does, I just find it more than a little disappointing to be going through yet another mid-season collapse - 1 win in 12 tends to make me feel like this. I think you'll find that the point of forums is for fans to express their views, whichever side of the fence they fall. For the record I think Clough is a lousy manager, tactically inept, woefully short of man management skills and only still in a job because it suits the board to have a 'yes' man in place. Of course, that is only an opinion.

Erm when were they ever 'decent'?

They were average at the beginning of the season, Bryson did a few good games whilst we were under the cosh, but they're meant to be our creative players yet tey don't ceate anything..

If you want to improve as a team, you have to kick out your average players and replace them with better.. If we want to be a top 6 team going forward we need to a new striker and to replace B.Davies and Bryson.. Out of the front 6 only Bailey, Hendrick and Ward would stand any chance playing in a top 6 side

Davies has more assists than anyone else in the team, doesn't he?

And I never thought Bryson was that creative - more a box to box midfielder, with Hendrick creating more.

Davies has more [size=6]assists[/size] [size=6][size=4]th[/size][/size]an anyone else in the team, doesn't he?

And I never thought Bryson was that creative - more a box to box midfielder, with Hendrick creating more.

I despair sometimes I really fu****g do. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

I prostrate myself before you for getting my facts wrong - I only repeated what was being said on Sky Sports at the time. I'm sorry for not buying the accepted wisdom that Clough is a genius and for irritating those of you who believe in him. I don't pick fault with Clough for everything he does, I just find it more than a little disappointing to be going through yet another mid-season collapse - 1 win in 12 tends to make me feel like this. I think you'll find that the point of forums is for fans to express their views, whichever side of the fence they fall. For the record I think Clough is a lousy manager, tactically inept, woefully short of man management skills and only still in a job because it suits the board to have a 'yes' man in place. Of course, that is only an opinion.

You were not listening correctly, they said Palace are playing there championship line up as it was pretty much the same team that was piut out in there last championship game! Hey actually you might be right maybe Palace have been playing a sh!te side in the championship and saving there best players for the cup!!!

Apologies if my comment to GStar annoyed you, it wasn't meant to. Your opinion of Clough certainly doesn't irritate me.

I was using irony to let GStar know I agreed with his post pointing out that it wasn't Palace's 2nd string out against us.

As for forums being for fans to express their views, spot on, its just that more views are "expressed" when we lose than when we win.....that tends to be the nature of forums (not just on here).

Anyway, you sound like my mate who sits next to me at PP....he actually hates Clough, detests everything about him and blames him for everything from GSE to the impending collapse of the euro.

Alright old timer, calm down, and tell the rest of the group what the hell you're rattling on about.

I swear if you call it soccer I will find you and execute you. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived