This is Rubbish

rammieib

4-5-1 works when you've got two wingers who push right up to make 3 uptop and when one of the CMs is creative

4-5-1 with a slow average rightsided midfielder (not a winger nor 3rd striker) in B.Davies is pointless.. Also Bryson who adds nothing to the centre too..

I'd fancy us for midtable if we had someone like Bisgaard instead of Bryson and Tommy Smith instead of B.Davies playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation..

Mason Bennett at RW did more attacking damage in 10 minutes than B.Davies and Bryson did all game.. I'd go for the same 4-5-1 but put Mason Bennett/Cywka outwide right again anddrop Bryson for either Cywka/Maguire to play infront of Bailey and Hendrick and behind the striker in the Bisgaard role

We're in desperate need of creativity and it's unfair to call on a 15 year old to do it.. Despite being far more creative than Bryson or B.Davies could dream of being

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-5-1 works when you've got two wingers who push right up to make 3 uptop and when one of the CMs is creative

4-5-1 with a slow average rightsided midfielder (not a winger nor 3rd striker) in B.Davies is pointless.. Also Bryson who adds nothing to the centre too..

I'd fancy us for midtable if we had someone like Bisgaard instead of Bryson and Tommy Smith instead of B.Davies playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation..

Mason Bennett at RW did more attacking damage in 10 minutes than B.Davies and Bryson did all game.. I'd go for the same 4-5-1 but put Mason Bennett/Cywka outwide right again anddrop Bryson for either Cywka/Maguire to play infront of Bailey and Hendrick and behind the striker in the Bisgaard role

We're in desperate need of creativity and it's unfair to call on a 15 year old to do it.. Despite being far more creative than Bryson or B.Davies could dream of being

Very scathing as usual. Davies and Bryson are off form at the moment but it's no more than that. They may need a break as they both were decent enough earlier on. Your self assured attitude reminds me of a deluded XFactor wannabe.

Very scathing as usual. Davies and Bryson are off form at the moment but it's no more than that. They may need a break as they both were decent enough earlier on. Your self assured attitude reminds me of a deluded XFactor wannabe.

Erm when were they ever 'decent'?

They were average at the beginning of the season, Bryson did a few good games whilst we were under the cosh, but they're meant to be our creative players yet tey don't ceate anything..

If you want to improve as a team, you have to kick out your average players and replace them with better.. If we want to be a top 6 team going forward we need to a new striker and to replace B.Davies and Bryson.. Out of the front 6 only Bailey, Hendrick and Ward would stand any chance playing in a top 6 side

Crazy comment. Crystal Palace are not a very poor team they have one of the stingiest defences especially at home. Why can not people just accept that Derby played well in the second half deserved a draw at least could have nicked the three points and left me feeling positive at the end of the game.

They can't be that good, they only managed to scrape a win against the champions of England in extra time 3 days ago.

first half wasnt great as we looked nervous but we play'd the better football than them (well apart from we didnt have any real threat upfront)

second half we still looked a bit shaky but the football was good and when ball n bennett came on i thought we looked better

overall not a bad performance i thought and against a palace team that are flying...

2nd half we were a lot better and added some attacking threat to all our possession. The problem seemed to be we had no composure at the two ends of the field. At the back we looked nervous and desperate for the ball, it was like schoolboy defending and if you compared it to Palace who often got men back and just stayed calm. As for up front, all our nice possession passing in midfield went when we got near their penalty box, we often rushed the attacking trying to force a pass that wasn't there. It's alright us having all that possession but if you can keep your head in two danger areas then it's pretty useless.

Bennett and Ball changed it a lot when they came on, we looked like we had something in the attacking 3rd then. Before that we didn't, we only had Wardwho was capable of providing any attacking threat. I don't see Davies being suited to that wide right role, think he'd be better inside so we can get a bit of creativity on that right and hopefully Davies can give Priskin a bit of support, it was scary how isolated he was at times.

There were more postives to take from yesterday than negatives which seemed very unlikely at half time. We scored from an own goal eventually but deserved the fortune on the run of play. As we all know, we still looked rather blunt upfront, people can kiss Bennet's arse but anyone else with the good scoring opportunities he has had (4 or 5 good chances and yet to score) would be in for criticism. He is not ready, its not his fault and he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. Priskin looks like he is probably a 1 in 4 man, dangerous at times, missing completely at others. Blatantly still need that 20 goal a season striker.

I think we will be saying in a year, 2 years and probably 3 years time - Still need that 20-goal a season striker - However, I'm sure everyone will still love Clough.

Ben Davies is not a creative player - his crosses seem to be overhit or land on the edge of the 18-yard box and when Ward takes set-pieces they are far better.

OK Ward made a mistake with the goal but fair play to him - he seems to be taking on the challenge with being the only creative player we have and trying his best. Put some decent players around him and we'll be much better.

Bext game - Drop Bryson, drop Davies - Green in to right mid, hopefully Brayford back and give Ball a start up front so its not lumping a long ball to a striker. Let Hendrick break from the centre, and let Bailey play the holding role.

Bailey and Hendrick are the best two passers of the ball in the middle and although they still prefer a sideways pass, hopefully with two up front their options would increase.

However, I think Davies is so far up Clougs backside (or the other way around), he won't drop him!

Erm when were they ever 'decent'?

They were average at the beginning of the season, Bryson did a few good games whilst we were under the cosh, but they're meant to be our creative players yet tey don't ceate anything..

If you want to improve as a team, you have to kick out your average players and replace them with better.. If we want to be a top 6 team going forward we need to a new striker and to replace B.Davies and Bryson.. Out of the front 6 only Bailey, Hendrick and Ward would stand any chance playing in a top 6 side

I think we looked good second half with Ball and Bennett but I think for next game play three in midfield in Baily Bryson with B.Davies in centre and the a front three of cykwa and ward with ball down the centre and then we have Hendrick and Bennett from the Bench. Overall we look a lot better going for the win than trying to contain teams.

I think that tonight showed that we don't really want to play hoofball, as has been a regular complaint on here. We are actually pretty good when playing on the deck, but when confidence is low and people are making mistakes, hoofball becomes the default option, which is sometimes necessary.

Well played to the lads - great second half, good football against a decent side - just think how good we could be with a proper striker!

Noted some comments on here still trying to find negative comments. This was a side facing 6 games being beaten. Of course there will be nerves and some stunted play as that is no record that any team wants. Normally a team facing this kind of run and low confidence would be hoofing the ball up which we did not, playing panic football which we did not and would not be having 82% of the possession in the second half as the stats showed at the 60min stage. The big positive is now that players are starting to get match fit the football is starting to come back into the team. Would love Robinson to be fit at present as his work ethic up top with the 5 man midfield we have would be benefiting not only him or the team. We need our strikers back to give us the option as both Ball and Bennett are not ready at present. This result should give them a boost and the next game is Bristol City next weekend another week of training for the players coming back and hopefully can take the football shown in the second half into the next game and we should pick up the 3 pts. The players coming back from injury are starting to have an impact which will only get better as they get fitter.

I'll take a draw and when we had Ball (Who has now impressed me today and on Tuesday) on the pitch it was better - but the approach changed to become attacking in the second half - we need to do that all the time instead of playing five midfielders.

Ben Davies is dreadful at the moment - what is he doing to deserve staying in the team Clough?

If we play with 4 in midfield we're so weak we get over-ran. And the options are limited. Easy to stop a 442 team unless they are deadly on the flanks.

Agree about B.Davies.

They can't be that good, they only managed to scrape a win against the champions of England in extra time 3 days ago.

I think you'll find we were pretty much playing Palace's reserve side rather than the team that beat Man Utd. Still, a points a point away from home. Lets hope we can play like we did second half for a whole 90 minutes next time.

Archived