When Will This End?

Jayram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we're seeing in my opinion is a fall away due to lack of investment. As soon as we get injuries or players need a rest we're short on alternatives. I don't think changing the manager will make any difference until we can change the board. What we need is all Rams fans united behind getting rid of the board. Then let's see what happens. It worked when we got rid of the 3 crooks. Board out!

We've got 15 players who've contributed nothing between them in the last year, add those to the first team squad of 15 and we've got around 30 first team squad members, or who should be first teamers if they hadn't fallen out with Clough/permacrocks/just crap.

How many first team squad members do you think we need to put out 11 players?

40? 45?

VulcanRam, i am an old and cynical Derby fan but for the life of me I cannot understand what you are on about. They ran their little socks off tonight and with a tiny bit of luck would have won by 3 or 4 clear goals.

If they'd have played badly after the recent run, then yes, I'd agree with you but it was obvious to me that tonight, the footballing gods wanna wi' us. It happens, move on.

fair enough old son, I guess one man's bad luck is another's ineptness!

Last night we could have, should have, would have.

It's the first time in ages I've said that.

But it all hinged on Ward, Green played okay and bailey looked more composed than Saturday. There was some good passing and Priskin did alright ( but his deliberate elbow on the center half was shocking)

There were some flashes of brilliance, but it wouldn't go in. Not seen us have many shots on a match for ages.

That said its one game, need to get a performance like that on Friday and hope the shots go in.

We need to beat our nemesis of playing in December.

Cloughs getting a bit of stick which you can't argue with but he can only do so much, at the end of the day it's down to the 11 men out on the pitch and for me they don't want it enough at the minute. The 11 we started with are all very reasonable NPC players yet still can not get the basics right.

I can't understand how after weeks of conceeding goals we still are dodgy at the back. Why are we not rectifying it?! Theres 2 'leaders' in the heart of that defence and they aren't doing us any favours at the minute.

No more excuses, we need results.

And who's ultimately responsible for that? Clough doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the lot he's been dealt and the board won't invest enough to give him better players.

The performance last night wasn't bad to be fair. They had one shot the whole game from 18 yards that flew in, otherwise we were pretty much camped in their half for the whole game. We lacked anyone capable of opening a team up - a Kinkladze/Idiakez and when we got a sniff of an opportunity the strikers weren't good enough to bury them or their defenders blocked the shot. Their win was the exact same as ours at Watford on the first away day of the season where we sat back the whole game, scored a screamer with our only shot and were fortunate to scrape a 1-0, except they were a little better in possession than we were.

Clough's selection was predictable (probably because he's fallen out with everyone else), his bench was rubbish (2 centre backs, 2 kids and a keeper) and his substitutons were ineffectual (as always), so he certainly has to shoulder a fair amount of the blame. However, some of our problems have to be laid at the door of the board - we all know he hasn't got the funds to go out and buy a good striker/a good centre midfielder/a good left back/back up for right back so he could have it easier, that said better managers have done better things with less money, but again who is responsible for hiring and firing the manager?

Both parties are about as useless as eachother it seems and it's the fans who are suffering - bloody freezing it was last night 'n' all.

And who's ultimately responsible for that? Clough doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the lot he's been dealt and the board won't invest enough to give him better players.

The performance last night wasn't bad to be fair. They had one shot the whole game from 18 yards that flew in, otherwise we were pretty much camped in their half for the whole game. We lacked anyone capable of opening a team up - a Kinkladze/Idiakez and when we got a sniff of an opportunity the strikers weren't good enough to bury them or their defenders blocked the shot. Their win was the exact same as ours at Watford on the first away day of the season where we sat back the whole game, scored a screamer with our only shot and were fortunate to scrape a 1-0, except they were a little better in possession than we were.

Clough's selection was predictable (probably because he's fallen out with everyone else), his bench was rubbish (2 centre backs, 2 kids and a keeper) and his substitutons were ineffectual (as always), so he certainly has to shoulder a fair amount of the blame. However, some of our problems have to be laid at the door of the board - we all know he hasn't got the funds to go out and buy a good striker/a good centre midfielder/a good left back/back up for right back so he could have it easier, that said better managers have done better things with less money, but again who is responsible for hiring and firing the manager?

Both parties are about as useless as eachother it seems and it's the fans who are suffering - bloody freezing it was last night 'n' all.

The performance wasn't bad in terms of work-rate and desire but we lack a player of real quality who will excite the fans, at this level hard-work will only take you so far.

They had a lot more than one shot Smith hit the post and they had a big spell with chances to make it 2 before half-time. To be honest second-half they sat back and I never got the impression we would score. They were not a good side either like Cardiff or Hull.

One thing that Mr Glick should take note of is the attendance last night and the Cardiff game and the amount of ST holders who did not turn up. I would estimate the real attendance last night at 17-18,000 loads of ST holders did not want to bother turning up on a cold night. This indicates that a lot of ST holders are getting seriously brassed of and unless some players who will excite the fans are brought in January then renewals could be well down.

I disagree with a post which states "the players didn't want it enough". They do, I think in some cases (ie MB), he was trying too hard and that's why he skied it. You could see his frustration when it happened. I think the fact is all the players have had their confidence knocked and so they have to scrap to get it back, they are more aware of the results from the last ten matches than we are.

We played well last night, though the run of the ball just wouldn't fall our way. I think it was Uttox who said we should have been 3 nowt up before their goal, absolutely we should have but the final touch eluded us.

If I'm honest, I don't think Priskin had a great match, he gave away possession needlessly quite a few times and the elbow incident warranted a straight red. Who knows, maybe the ref was trying to make up for his inept decisions against us from earlier in the match and so decided against kicking him off.

Wardy MOM for me, he always puts a shift in and if you consider the fact that he's effectively mourning GS who was a mate (and wore a black armband) it would have been easy for him to have an off game - but he didn't.

I noticed that we did a better job of closing down their midfield more and a few times managed to win the ball back and press forward again and we didn't sit deep as often. Something else I've noticed is that (and I know Wardy's good) but the ball always manages to find him, instead of finding it's way up the centre a bit more. It doesn't always have to be played out wide.

There are positives to be took from last nights match and hopefully these can be built on for Friday.

UTR.

The performance wasn't bad in terms of work-rate and desire but we lack a player of real quality who will excite the fans, at this level hard-work will only take you so far.

They had a lot more than one shot Smith hit the post and they had a big spell with chances to make it 2 before half-time. To be honest second-half they sat back and I never got the impression we would score. They were not a good side either like Cardiff or Hull.

One thing that Mr Glick should take note of is the attendance last night and the Cardiff game and the amount of ST holders who did not turn up. I would estimate the real attendance last night at 17-18,000 loads of ST holders did not want to bother turning up on a cold night. This indicates that a lot of ST holders are getting seriously brassed of and unless some players who will excite the fans are brought in January then renewals could be well down.

With our history you would think am picking on you, honest am not, could you explain what you mean, honestly I don't understand

He's saying the crowd looked lower than the 22k given I think. It did to me also, probably just scraping 20k, however I thought it was illegal to forge the attendance figures, so then again, maybe not.

Never stopped Arsenal though has it?

Does it actually matter - no.

With our history you would think am picking on you, honest am not, could you explain what you mean, honestly I don't understand

I'll spell it out the official attendance was 22,000, no way was there anywhere near 22,000 in that ground last night. There were loads of gaps in every block in the East stand, blocks normally full of ST holders, same at the Cardiff game. Thousands of ST Holders did not bother last night, if I was in charge that would raise some alarm bells.

Season Ticket holders are included in attendance whether they turn up or not. Does that clarify the point?

I'll spell it out the official attendance was 22,000, no way was there anywhere near 22,000 in that ground last night. There were loads of gaps in every block in the East stand, blocks normally full of ST holders, same at the Cardiff game. Thousands of ST Holders did not bother last night, if I was in charge that would raise some alarm bells.

Season Ticket holders are included in attendance whether they turn up or not. Does that clarify the point?

Don't the electronic turnstiles no longer mean this is the case?

He's saying the crowd looked lower than the 22k given I think. It did to me also, probably just scraping 20k, however I thought it was illegal to forge the attendance figures, so then again, maybe not.

Never stopped Arsenal though has it?

Does it actually matter - no.

The attendance figure does not matter no and can be misleading as some clubs post actual attendance and some like us and Arsenal and Man United post the amount who have paid, whether they go or not.

What does matter is that the amount that did not bother last night shows how fed up people are getting and my view is unless we get at least a player in who really excites the fans and gives the fans something worth watching then a lot will not renew next year. One really top player can improve the rest, look at what effect Igor had when he came. We were going nowhere then as well.

it does thank you,

I would of thought that would of been illegal for that to happen,

Why would it be illegal, it is just a figure of people who have purchased a ticket for the match. Whether they have actually paid or not. Our policy is to post this figure, whether they go to the match or not, others like Chesterfield post the actual figure who turn up.

What would be illegal is to post false financial takings, or to underpost and let more people in any area than capacity.

Hence why I started my post saying he rightly is getting some stick.

I just think some of our 'better' players are letting us down at the moment. Fieldings kicking, Barkers inability to pass a ball over 10 yards, Shackells lack of organisation. It costing us. There was a moment in injury time last night that was unbelievable from a defensive point of view, a good example of why we are so bad at the back recently. Craig Noone walked straight through the centre of our 18 yard box unmarked, I couldn't actually believe what I was seeing, it's as if his obvious run had bamboozled our defence into a state of shock. Luckily Barker got a good block in on him.

There's only Jamie Ward who's got any initiative at the moment, some of our players need to stand up an be counted.

Why would it be illegal, it is just a figure of people who have purchased a ticket for the match. Whether they have actually paid or not. Our policy is to post this figure, whether they go to the match or not, others like Chesterfield post the actual figure who turn up.

What would be illegal is to post false financial takings, or to underpost and let more people in any area than capacity.

Health and Safety grounds for a start, and the word "attendance" surely means people who attended the game

Archived