Paul Green

CumbrianRam

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Green goes Mcgugan in I reckon

Aparently Paul jewel says he has made bids for 3 players

Maybe Green is one or maybe Addison

There is no point in letting Green go in this window. If someone offered 250k then we would be better served keeping the player until the end of the season and let him go on a free.

He knows the system we play, the personnel and is our most experienced player. He is about as irreplacable as a player can be to Derby County and losing him would IMO sacfifice any chance of reaching the top 6.

There is no point in letting Green go in this window. If someone offered 250k then we would be better served keeping the player until the end of the season and let him go on a free.

He knows the system we play, the personnel and is our most experienced player. He is about as irreplacable as a player can be to Derby County and losing him would IMO sacfifice any chance of reaching the top 6.

I agree, we got fuk all really for Commons, i think its a similar scenario,we could have done with Commons till the end of the season and maybe we wouldnt have been soooo close to the wire....... couple of hundered K i'd keep him.

I'm lead to believe it's around 8thousand pound a week, so 32 grand a month and around 384,000 a year, a lot of his pay is also classed as image rights, or something daft and he doesn't get taxed on that percentage, however much it may be.

Still not to be sniffed at!

When he left Donny it was rumoured he went on £5k a week. Like you say though, you never know what is paid in the image rights reduced tax payments.

The fact that Chelsea were quoted as saying the days of massive salary deals are gone, in the Cahill transfer saga, shows that financial reality is looming for the football industry as a whole. Role on FFP, it's going to be a great leveler and remove the generous benefactor element bank-rolling success.

IMO we won't make the playoffs this season, despite only being 2 points off now we simply don't have the quality to sustain a challenge.. I'm pretty sure any level headed DCFC and Clough himself probably realises this..

Therefore, money wise, getting $250k now and perhaps saving 6 months worth of around $8k a week ($200k for 6 months) then it would make financial sense to get rid of him now.. That $450k can be put towards getting in a new player of his ilk from the lower leagues or Scotland/Ireland.

If he stays, and we don't finish in the playoffs (which we won't) then we've basically thrown away the chance of saving $450k for nothing..

I'd say sell, use the money to buy a replacement in the summer and get in a more attacking/creative player.. No-one would complain if we used the $450k and brought in someone like Scott Sinclair (which cost Swansea only $500k).. Better players and more useful to this squad than Green are available for that $450k.

If any offer comes in for Green, I think he would be let go. Bris has summed up the finances pretty well above. The board would be happy to use the cash "Get them in early" to help persuade a few people to renew their season tickets with next years target to "Keep Pushing On" in the coming summer. Green and Davies are the last of the two players on Jewell era contracts. Think Clough renewed Davies contract once diden't he, so that makes Green the very last I guess.

I think Steve Davies could do a job cutting in from the right onto his left foot he's got a good shot on him.

Would allow teams to mark us out the game easily though, Ward and Davies doing the same job? we'd be playing very narrow football in the attacking 3rd

Still maintain that Green isn't that brilliant, he's steady enough and would be nice if he stays but not bothered. People are slagging off the performance on Saturday and then others are saying that we look a better team with Green on the pitch- slight difference of opinions. We are doing ok at the minute, getting results without playing well but it could all change. If a bid comes in for Green and he isn't going to sign a new deal here then it would be stupid not to take it, if he doesn't want to be here and knows he can go for free in the summer blocking the move will mean he is going to be playing ***** for the rest of the season anyway.

If any offer comes in for Green, I think he would be let go. Bris has summed up the finances pretty well above. The board would be happy to use the cash "Get them in early" to help persuade a few people to renew their season tickets with next years target to "Keep Pushing On" in the coming summer. Green and Davies are the last of the two players on Jewell era contracts. Think Clough renewed Davies contract once diden't he, so that makes Green the very last I guess.

They also renewed Green's contract for a further year in March 2010

"There are some great characters who we have just signed extensions with - players like Stephen Pearson, Paul Green, Dean Leacock, players that are new that we have bought in like Shaun Barker and Chris Porter who will be mainstays and we will be adding to players like that." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8584933.stm

• 2 weeks later...

750k and I would drive him there myself, love his effort and everything but 6 months on a contract that isn't likely to get renewed because of his wages and Leicester offering silly money!

Like the Cywka move, where would he fit into their starting 11... if they want to swap either Wellens or King for him, I'm sure we can make room!

Being an international has helped us here, no doubt!

Archived