Paul Green

CumbrianRam

Paul Green is one of my favourite players. He gives 100% all the time. If we sell him to a fellow Championship club I will be gutted and yet again shows the lack of ambition from the board.....

He he goes to the Prem. Well good luck. Thankyou and go better yourself!!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this shows a lack of ambition on Derby's part. I understand we could get a small fee for him now but if he goes to nother champianship club surel e couuld match what they are prepared to pay esecially if they have to pay a fee.We are only 2 points off the play offs surely the board should give the supporters something to show we have some ambition

I think this shows a lack of ambition on Derby's part. I understand we could get a small fee for him now but if he goes to nother champianship club surel e couuld match what they are prepared to pay esecially if they have to pay a fee.We are only 2 points off the play offs surely the board should give the supporters something to show we have some ambition
tbf, it's hard to say its a lack of ambition, the only thing that been made public is that a contract offer has been made by Derby to Paul Green, now we don't know if Derby has offered more, less or the same money, we don't know if Green what a stuiped amount of money.

I agree in that we don't particularly need him for the money he's on.. With his supposed high wages we could bring in a player of his calibre or better for less money..

We'll sell him for an undisclosed fee (probably around $150k) and bring in a player similar in the summer for $300k but with wages around half of what PG is earning now.

We've been crying out for a decent RW for ages now, as Green, Croft, Cywka, B.Davies and even Brayford and Bennett have played a part there this season and none of them have been at the standard of our opposite winger Jamie Ward. I think this position will be a priority in the summer, along with another CB, Fullback cover and striker ater perhaps shifting another one out.

So is everybody given up on the possibility that Clough might already have a player lined up to replace Green in this transfer window? Something tells me that he's ready to bring someone in if Green goes. It would be stupid if its not the case, but a matter of deja vu if it isn't. Ah, we'll see!

How is it lack of ambition by the club? Green is hardly worth breaking the bank over, going back on all the work/ wage structure that has been put in place and pissing off every other player that is on wages in line with policy. He is an average player- if he doesn't want to be here then good riddance!

How is it lack of ambition by the club? Green is hardly worth breaking the bank over, going back on all the work/ wage structure that has been put in place and pissing off every other player that is on wages in line with policy. He is an average player- if he doesn't want to be here then good riddance!

I agree that he has limited ability but in the previous couple of seasons his energy was useful to the team. Things have now changed and we have that sort of energy practically throughout the side so I think we can definitely improve on him.

The lack of ambition though IMO is down to the fact that Clough has said that he wants to keep Green, but it can only work if its within the budget.

Therefore we are potentially losing a player, because of what the budget is dictating not what the manager wants.

We dont know what has been offered to him, and we dont even know if this is still on the table, but I believe that we are unable to move in the transfer market, or offer new contracts out until Clough has got the wages under budget, this may or may not be true, but given we have now even started talking to some of our out of contract players it would indiacte something along these lines.

If a premiership club in the bottom 6 signs Green I think it says a lot more about their ambition than ours. I think we have 3 centre midfielders already better placed than Green, and I would like to see one more come in.either this month or in the summer, as well as a right midfielder where he has been playing.

I do like his work ethic but to held to ransom over a player that wouldn't make much difference to our season if he was or wasn't here is ridiculous.

As a person I hope he gets a big wage for the last part of his career, but hope that isn't with us.

The lack of ambition though IMO is down to the fact that Clough has said that he wants to keep Green, but it can only work if its within the budget.

Therefore we are potentially losing a player, because of what the budget is dictating not what the manager wants.

We dont know what has been offered to him, and we dont even know if this is still on the table, but I believe that we are unable to move in the transfer market, or offer new contracts out until Clough has got the wages under budget, this may or may not be true, but given we have now even started talking to some of our out of contract players it would indiacte something along these lines.

I agree with this, but with Commons I think we will make exceptions for 'key' players, Green isn't. I would like him as a squad member, but he'd have to take a pay cut before I get happy about keeping him and he has already turned that one down!

How come so many people are questioning holding onto Green... the guy's an international footballer and has been great since he's come back... AND was great before he got injured...

Should be a relatively easy choice:

Is he a first choice player - Yes...

Give him a new contract...

Whilst I'll back the board and the manager almost always (agree with strong financial management) this one is a no-brainer... he's good enough... he's first choice... give him a contract and stop messing around...

How come so many people are questioning holding onto Green... the guy's an international footballer and has been great since he's come back... AND was great before he got injured...

Should be a relatively easy choice:

Is he a first choice player - Yes...

Give him a new contract...

Whilst I'll back the board and the manager almost always (agree with strong financial management) this one is a no-brainer... he's good enough... he's first choice... give him a contract and stop messing around...

I understand he has been offered a contract but he prefers not to sign it at this time as it is reduced in line with the new squad wages policy. He is apparently hoping for a good final contract offer from someone. I guess to take him into his 30's.

Its not lack of ambition, we have a structure in place for a reason, why should we deviate from it for Paul "Pele" Green? If we offer him more it will cause more harm than good, it isn't lack of ambition it is the prevailence of common sense over greed

I agree that he has limited ability but in the previous couple of seasons his energy was useful to the team. Things have now changed and we have that sort of energy practically throughout the side so I think we can definitely improve on him.

Exactly, he isn't a poor player- but he isn't a good player either. Offer him a reasonable deal, if he doesn't take it call him a taxi. I for one don't think that Paul Green will make or break our season (or anyone elses for that matter).

Archived