Paul Green

CumbrianRam

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jewell signed him at Derby and he knows he will play CM which he will not do at Derby as Bryson and Hendrick are above him. The tractor boys must be pushing their finances to their limit with the squad and knowing how Jewell likes to make sure he signs the players he wants by offering more money than they worth.

Not to bothered in all honesty about greenie going he has been a good servant to us but we need better quality than him in general to take us on to the next level and hopefully with the money saved it can be put towards a better standard of player.

Do you not think Dazza that the better standard of player you talk about will be out of our wage bracket ?

If we couldnt/wouldnt afford Green, then the chances are any replacement will have to be an out of contract / low wage / lower league player.

Yeh sure leeds ram i totally agree with you that it wont be an easy task to find somebody of a better standard and we may have to find somebody from a lower league or a younger gamble. I know people seem to have the opinion that if a player is lower league then there is a good chance they wont be good enough but look at some of the swansea players they have brought through the leagues like leon britton ex.. rickie lambert has played in lower leagues all his career and never been given the chance at a higher level and hes about 30 now and looking like it will be his crack at the prem next season.

Do you not think Dazza that the better standard of player you talk about will be out of our wage bracket ?

If we couldnt/wouldnt afford Green, then the chances are any replacement will have to be an out of contract / low wage / lower league player.

Yes, and it will still be easy enough to replace him.

Bailey, Hendrick, Bryson have all managed it... for me, it is not a daunting task to replace him and should be fairly straight forward. His international reputation has increased his wage, for his actual ability he deserve no more than 3-4k a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Greeny. I hoped he would make it.

On the transfer side, I hope his agent has advised him well. No-ome came in for him in January when everyone thought he was off. He seems a really decent bloke so It would be nice to see him get fixed up pretty quickly. I can't imagine it's a nice feeling to be left out of a major squad. He needs to get a deal signed so he can bugger off and recharge for a few weeks in the summer.

Archived