New striker on loan

trekkie_ram

Am I the only one wondering why we STILL haven't got another striker on loan yet?

Nigel is obviously struggling with his threadbare squad. Tyson & S.Davies are injured which only leaves us with Ward, Maguire, Cywka, Robinson, Bennett, Doyle & Ball as options up front. We have the 19th worst record in the Championship for goals scored this season [20 in 14 games] so clearly the current players aren't up to much.

Are you listening Glick??? Pull your finger out!!!

Oh, and whilst you are reading this, my mate Ian has a gripe about ticket prices.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've scored 3 3 times at home.

We've "only" got 6 options up front. Two of which looked absolutely superb on Saturday.

You must be winding us up. We need cover at RB and cover at CM, but we're still don't need to make loans yet and especially not up front.

I can not believe that people say we don't have strength in depth. We have, what, 8 or 9 first team players out? And we're 5th?

If that's not strength in depth, I'd like to know what is.

Is everyone forgetting about LB? That was the big issue, which even though we have kilbane didnt really improve anything

Currently we have two very average championship lb's and that is the n.1 spot we need to strengthen, i feel roberts is ok for championship and puts in a good shift but if (touch wood) we do get promoted he will simply get torn to shreds by the likes of the premiership teams.

Is everyone forgetting about LB? That was the big issue, which even though we have kilbane didnt really improve anything

Currently we have two very average championship lb's and that is the n.1 spot we need to strengthen, i feel roberts is ok for championship and puts in a good shift but if (touch wood) we do get promoted he will simply get torn to shreds by the likes of the premiership teams.

Alan Sheehan @ Notts County is the business...young,great left foot,can deliver a cracking cross or free-kick & can defend aswell...he has that missing ingredient..pace.Get him in next transfer window.

You mentioned he "p" word, shame on you! Roberts is steady enough for the champ-not great but good enough, as for the prem.....how many of our squad are good enough? Lucky that we aren't going up then!

You mentioned he "p" word, shame on you! Roberts is steady enough for the champ-not great but good enough, as for the prem.....how many of our squad are good enough? Lucky that we aren't going up then!

I don't know, most of our side are still developing and who knows what level/standard they will be at next year I think we are in a good position as our team as it is will only get better with more experience!

I don't know, most of our side are still developing and who knows what level/standard they will be at next year I think we are in a good position as our team as it is will only get better with more experience!

Talking about promotion just doesn't sit well with me I am afraid- especially in October. If we were to go up I think we would repeat the last abysmal showing, I am officially a promotionaphobe

Talking about promotion just doesn't sit well with me I am afraid- especially in October. If we were to go up I think we would repeat the last abysmal showing, I am officially a promotionaphobe

I don't think so, Premiership is far weaker than when we was last in it and before the team that got promoted was full of players that were coming out of their prime and out of 11 that started at wembley, 2 of them used it as their swan song.

We are completely different side now, the majority of our side is 23/24 so are just about to come into their prime as footballers and others are around 20 and still very much developing, if Swansea and Norwich can compete then we should be able to without much fuss or bother.

Its important to remember that we're still in the top 6 despite having 10+ injuries and 4-5 of them being key players to the team makes our run even that much more impressive, most teams in this division would be struggling to keep out the bottom 3 under these circumstances, says a lot about our strength in depth.

I don't think so, Premiership is far weaker than when we was last in it and before the team that got promoted was full of players that were coming out of their prime and out of 11 that started at wembley, 2 of them used it as their swan song.

We are completely different side now, the majority of our side is 23/24 so are just about to come into their prime as footballers and others are around 20 and still very much developing, if Swansea and Norwich can compete then we should be able to without much fuss or bother.

Its important to remember that we're still in the top 6 despite having 10+ injuries and 4-5 of them being key players to the team makes our run even that much more impressive, most teams in this division would be struggling to keep out the bottom 3 under these circumstances, says a lot about our strength in depth.

I think we were promoted with a far weaker team than we have now, too. We never had the left-back position sorted all season - we signed McEveley because he was slightly less woeful than Camara. And we never found a strike partner for an aging Steve Horward. We have so much many more options up front with our current squad, with about 6 players better than Jon Macken and Craig Fagan.

The Championship has really risen in quality recently - you can spend £13.9m on internationals and Prem quality players and still sit in the bottom half. Our competitiveness in the current league makes me also think we're better than that side.

Coupling that with your point about our incredibly young squad, I agree, it wouldn't be like last time. I'd put money on us going down, but we wouldn't disgrace ourselves in the same way.

Having said that - look at Norwich, as you say. On paper, they didn't have a particularly good squad last season. They just got lucky with injuries and had a team that really wanted to play for the manager. If we get some momentum and had a litte more confidence, that could easily be us.

Still not sure about the quality of our squad but there is no doubt about the hunger to do well and play for the manager. I will be happy to keep the results coming throughout the season but with the injuries we now have I can't see it. Obviously I would love us to be an established premier side but I can't see it realistically happening unless the owners find their collective wallets when we do eventually go up.

Regarding loans- Never really been a fan of loan signings and you have to question the reasons behind players being available for loan. I don't think we are that desperate for more players and it will be interesting which players grab the chance to become a regular in the squad.

Archived