Rams v Forest

MrsRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh because us mere mortals who can only watch games via the TV most definately have an inferior view to you immortals who sit there giving the away fans the V sign and watching Shaun Barker fiddle with his headband..

Yes because that's what everyone who is against silly o'clock kick offs and TV ruining the schedule think...

Get off your f**king high horse.

And Luke, I did know that was the case - I still think it's wrong.

One man's pain is another man's gain..

I'm personally delighted this is on the telly

Don't mind it on telly but why not later in the day. Kids football is played on a Sunday and I for one will have to rearrange the kids game. The one thing I am glad is that they have given plenty of notice for me to do this.

Yes because that's what everyone who is against silly o'clock kick offs and TV ruining the schedule think...

Get off your f**king high horse.

And Luke, I did know that was the case - I still think it's wrong.

I wasn't the one suggesting that people who watch games only on the TV are the people who moan about stuff they don't know..

Talk about an overreaction - is it your time of the month or something?

I'm glad it's on the telly, it's one of the biggest games in the Championship season, plus we get to beat them in front of even more people!

One of the biggest games in the East Midlands, certainly not in the league.

Every local derby game is the biggest game of the season, BUT only yo the teams involved, i dont care when Brighton play Pslace and certainly wouldn't watch it on TV, but to the fans of the two teams it's the highligjt of the season.

The Foredt game is just a game between two mid to lower hslf tesms in all other fans eyes.

I think we're two of the biggest teams in the league. How many others have won the top division within the last 40 years for example? Plus there are the connections between the two clubs.

Every local derby game is the biggest game of the season, BUT only yo the teams involved, i dont care when Brighton play Pslace and certainly wouldn't watch it on TV, but to the fans of the two teams it's the highligjt of the season.

The Foredt game is just a game between two mid to lower hslf tesms in all other fans eyes.

Wheras I admit it will not draw the same interest as citeh v manure I can not agree that the rest of the football watching public do not appreciate this derby.

It is one of the biggest games in this division that is for sure.

Wheras I admit it will not draw the same interest as citeh v manure I can not agree that the rest of the football watching public do not appreciate this derby.

It is one of the biggest games in this division that is for sure.

Its the biggest game if the season for us and them, thats it.

There will be 50 or so bigger games during the run up to the end of the season, then the play offs on top of that.

Its a big game, but no bigger than Palace v Brighton or Milwall v West Ham or Pompey v Scummers or Boro v Leeds or Peterbrough v leicester (ha ha ha) etc etc.

Its the biggest game if the season for us and them, thats it.

There will be 50 or so bigger games during the run up to the end of the season, then the play offs on top of that.

Its a big game, but no bigger than Palace v Brighton or Milwall v West Ham or Pompey v Scummers or Boro v Leeds or Peterbrough v leicester (ha ha ha) etc etc.

I think you are getting confused here MuespachRam. What has the run up to the end of the season or play offs got to do with it. Big games yes, but we are talking local derbies here. It is the two teams competing that count, it doesn't matter whether it is 1st vs 2nd, it could be 10th vs 20th and could take place in any division. The big East Midlands derby is Derby v Forest, no others come anywhere near to this and the rivalry is known throughout British football. I know this because I have spent many years following England and I get to chat to many fans from all around the country. The biggest Midlands derby in my opinion is Brum v Villa. Other well known derbies currently in the championship would include Millwall v West Ham and Pompey v Southampton. A great one in League 1 is Sheffield United v Sheff Wednesday. These are all well known throughout the country and are games many football fans want to watch. So 50 bigger games maybe? After all they are all big games towards the end of the season. Bigger local derbies? No way. Other than the two I mentioned earlier, please name me one other derby in the championship that is BIGGER than Derby Forest.

Ahh the old "my derby's bigger than your derby" debate.

The derby is only a big game if you are a fan of one of the teams taking part in it. Boca v River Plate - supposedly one of the biggest derbies in the world, yet do any of us care about the outcome of that? No we don't. Same with Roma v Lazio, Real Madrid v Barcelona, Wisla Krakow v Cracovia, Hamburg v St Pauli, whoever. It might as well be Ilkeston v Eastwood (probably of more interest to people in Derby/Notts than any of the above games).

I think the TV audience will be a little bigger than 30,000, probably around the 150,000 mark, but I don't know what that's got to do with anything really.

The derby is only a big game if you are a fan of one of the teams taking part in it. Boca v River Plate - supposedly one of the biggest derbies in the world, yet do any of us care about the outcome of that? No we don't. Same with Roma v Lazio, Real Madrid v Barcelona, Wisla Krakow v Cracovia, Hamburg v St Pauli, whoever. It might as well be Ilkeston v Eastwood (probably of more interest to people in Derby/Notts than any of the above games).

I think the TV audience will be a little bigger than 30,000, probably around the 150,000 mark, but I don't know what that's got to do with anything really.

Really? I would have thought it'd be miles more than that, specially on BBC.

Really? I would have thought it'd be miles more than that, specially on BBC.

Just remembered it's on a Sunday - i'd estimated taking into account most other football fans being at their own games... My bad.

Maybe 500,000 then. Still not sure why the viewing figures are important though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I am in no way trying to score points about whose local derby is bigger than another. I am simply pointing out that there are many football fans who enjoy watching the passion of a real derby, not just the two sets of fans involved. I personally would rather watch Newcastle v Sunderland than Man U v Everton. I know many others who feel the same.

Right then lads & lasses, what will be my chance of getting a ticket for this.

Priced the hotel, and thats £100 for sat and sun night, but if i book the room, will i get a ticket.

i got a customer number, but would have to book the ticket when they go on general sale.

Advice needed.

Thanks.

Archived