Rams v Forest

MrsRam

I am not saying it is great but i am saying it is good for those who can't make it, our games are always 1 o clock and the atmosphere never really suffers tbh.

Yes absolutely, but football should not pander to those who "cannot make it". It should be made to suit those who actually make the effort to go.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No of course not, i just thought i would try to fly from Pride Park to my drive...turns out Easy Jet dont run that route!!

The TV audience for the game will not be more than 30,000, and the crowd on the day will be, hence more people WILL be affected by it than benefit from it.

Nice one Joe....modern Football sucks eggs.

please prove less than 30,000 will tune in to watch it muespech I somehow think over 30,000 would watch it , don't they i thought they did? shame there isn't a single flight from england to switzerland on a sunday evening, oh well just watch it on the television or book a day of annual leave off.

No of course not, i just thought i would try to fly from Pride Park to my drive...turns out Easy Jet dont run that route!!

The TV audience for the game will not be more than 30,000, and the crowd on the day will be, hence more people WILL be affected by it than benefit from it.

Nice one Joe....modern Football sucks eggs.

Nonsense, I have no figures, but if that bold statement was proved true, I would get a Forest tattoo.

I would expect well over 30,000 will watch it on tv, and a further 800,000 will accidentally record it as they have Match of the Day on series link.

Yes absolutely, but football should not pander to those who "cannot make it". It should be made to suit those who actually make the effort to go.

of course but hopefully it would take both into some consideration, because many loyal fans cannot go and will want an outlet to watch it via something other than a dodgy internet stream. Muespech is unfortunately negatively affected by this, but he is one of a very small number who has serious problems with getting transportation to the country let alone the county and it is a price you pay when moving abroad that you can't always find it on specific days unfortunately. I just think that it is worth it if it helps several thousand view it and it negatively effects a few dozen or hundred in muespeches case.

Flights to Switzerland can be a barstool as I found out first hand!! We had to fly to geneva from luton and drive 3 hours to get to basle and that was midweek! I incidentally met Swiss ram out there whilst on my travels!! Top bloke! But I understand where he is coming from when u plan to travel all that way to watch a game and the time/day changes blowing your plans out the water!! It pissed me off when they changed the Leicester game to 17.20 so I couldn't make it due to work commitments!!

So I shouldn't be allowed football on TV, and have to endure King's Lynn FC? No thanks.

I make the effort to travel to some Derby games, TV games are bonus games for me.

Well, how many do you think will be watching a above average team against relegation struggler?

Yes it is a shame there isnt a flight, but dont worry babyram, i will be there, just as i will be at Millwall away the week after, see you there?? Thought not.

We aren't relegation strugglers yet mate, and I would hardly call Forest an above average team..... (mr. tongue meet mr. cheek).

Well, how many do you think will be watching a above average team against relegation struggler?

Yes it is a shame there isnt a flight, but dont worry babyram, i will be there, just as i will be at Millwall away the week after, see you there?? Thought not.

I honestly do not know, however i would guess more than 30,000 out of over 40 million licence fee payers. I would expect at least 100,000 to watch it maybe more, 30,000 would be an extraordinarily small number of people. I have a season ticket and due to financial constrictions i cannot make many away games, i regret it but i imagine i will have seen the rams more than you this season, i will see you at the rest of the home games, or maybe not.

Flights to Switzerland can be a barstool as I found out first hand!! We had to fly to geneva from luton and drive 3 hours to get to basle and that was midweek! I incidentally met Swiss ram out there whilst on my travels!! Top bloke! But I understand where he is coming from when u plan to travel all that way to watch a game and the time/day changes blowing your plans out the water!! It pissed me off when they changed the Leicester game to 17.20 so I couldn't make it due to work commitments!!

Bonjour monsieur Trooper! You ok?

Yep its a bitch, i just want to save my holidays for the play off final, Liverpool away next season and obviously, to watch us win the Euros!! You gping to poland?

I personally hate it when derby are on tv!! Up until this season I have done 99% of Derbys games for the last 4/5 seasons but due to saving for another house n cars I couldn't this season, but I think tv games bring even more doom n gloom merchants on to forums and into pubs!! People that see just tv games yet claim to know everything about every game/player

So I shouldn't be allowed football on TV, and have to endure King's Lynn FC? No thanks.

I make the effort to travel to some Derby games, TV games are bonus games for me.

No, the game should kick off at 3 o'clock on a Saturday and Sky Sports/BBC should be forced to choose which game they want to show at that time.

Crystal Palace on a Friday night is a big f**k up as well. No chance of getting there if you have to work. Plus West Ham at 5.20 - what's that all about? Makes me seethe how they can change the kick off on a whim.

Rupert's a c*nt ain't he?

The biggest ever.

I am coming over for the Palace game, its my closest game!

There are good reasons as to why some people cannot attend games, family, work, money, travel and health. It's not always a lack of effort and to suggest that is plain ignorant, those that go to games should realise how lucky you actually are.

This is the biggest game for both Derby and Forest fans, it's the first game that you look for when the fixtures are released. For this to be shown live not on Sky but the BBC is great news for those fans that are unable to get to the game.

With regards to numbers nobody can possibly say how many will tune in but I can guarentee there are more than 11 Derby and Forest fans that are delighted by this news today.

How could you live away from Derby? If you move away, you're not a proper fan. Would Mick Derby move to America? No.

If you select Derby as your english team, you ought to move here. Simples. Look at all the polish derby fans we have, proper commitment, they've moved here to be near the club.

I'd move closer if I could, but it stinks around Pride Park when the wind blows in from Spondon.

How could you live away from Derby? If you move away, you're not a proper fan. Would Mick Derby move to America? No.

If you select Derby as your english team, you ought to move here. Simples. Look at all the polish derby fans we have, proper commitment, they've moved here to be near the club.

I'd move closer if I could, but it stinks around Pride Park when the wind blows in from Spondon.

Gonna have to get a bigger maggot than that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived